Something About You

Forbidden Love

Twilight had come and there were snowflakes that cascaded onto the ground. It wasn't long before it was completely covered by a white blanket. The peaceful image soothed her mind as she watched from her bedroom's French doors. Hyuna pulled her feet closer to her as she snuggled into the couch until she laid comfortably in a fetal position. She shifted her eyes away from the falling snowflakes to look at the amber flames of her fireplace. Times like these she wished that Hyunseung would be here to warm her instead of the fire.

'It has been more than four months since I've seen you. I miss you so much and I just want you to come back, especially since the holidays are quickly approaching. Oppa when will you come back to me?' Hyuna thought as she hugged herself tightly.

Suddenly a knock was heard from her door. The pattern caught her off guard, that was the way Hyunseung used to knock on the door.

'It can't be, can it?' Hyuna thought in shock. "Who is it?" She called out shakily.

But no response came only the same pattern was heard from the door. Carefully, Hyuna arose from the couch and walked towards the door. With a weak heart she began to slowly open the door until she was met with the image of a young man standing before her.

"Oh my..." Hyuna began to say.

"Are you shocked to see me?" He responded a surprised tone.

"Actually yea, I was expecting you to be someone else." Hyuna snipped back sarcastically as she began to walk away from the door towards the couch.

"Hyuna, me and your father are worried about you. All you do is stay in your room all day staring outside. You barely eat and you barely talk. It's not normal. Forget about him, he's not coming back." L said.

As Hyuna laid on the couch once more she turned her attention towards outside again completely shutting L out. Seeing her behavior, L entered the bedroom and walked towards her until he stood before her. He knelt down so that they were eye to eye.

"Hyuna, listen to me. He's never coming back. He probably realized that he's not good enough for you and decided that it was in your best interest if he left." L reasoned.

Those words struck a cord in Hyuna and her blood began to boil. She's had enough of her father and L constantly reminding her of Hyunseung's absence and that it was most likely that he will never return. But hearing that he left for her own good drove her to the brink.

"What do you know?! You've only been here for awhile and you already think that you can diagnose what I need! You know nothing about Hyunseung! These last couple of months all you've done was annoy the hell out of me! Take the hint, I'll never see you that way! You're never gonna be able to replace him!! You'll never be Hyunseung!!" Hyuna screamed out as leaned forward and the two were face to face.

L however was unmoved by Hyuna's outburst. He just continued to stare at Hyuna with a small grin gracing his lips. His expression was beginning to annoy Hyuna.

"Why the hell are you grinning like that?!" She yelled.

"You say that I don't know anything at all about the kid. Little do you know that I know actually a great deal." He answered as he held their gaze. However Hyuna noticed how closely the two were positioned and reclined back onto her couch.

"What are you talking about?" She responded in an annoyed tone.

L lifted himself up and walked towards the French doors that led to her balcony. He began to open them, letting the cold wind enter the bedroom.

"Yah! What do you think you're doin..." Hyuna began to say when suddenly her breath hitched.

Upon opening the doors, L ran at full speed towards the railing of the balcony, as he suddenly did a front flip and landed on the rail with one foot. He graciously turned towards her with a confident smirk before sitting on the rail.

"It's not as hard as it looks, ya know?" He said with his eyes closed and a huge smile.

'It can't be' Hyuna thought before a memory suddenly popped up.

__________________________

The sun had recently gone down and Hyuna was currently sitting at her desk trying to concentrate on her homework but wasn't able to focus on the task at hand. She turned her head towards the balcony when she heard a familiar pattern knocking on the door. Her face instantly lit up and she made her way quickly towards the door to let the boy in.

"Oppa! What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be studying?" Hyuna asked as Hyunseung made his way into her bedroom.

"Ah I'm so bored of studying anatomy! I feel like my eyes are gonna fall out if I keep staring at that stupid textbook." Hyunseung replied as he sat on the couch with Hyuna following behind. "I rather be here with you studying astronomy." He said with a smirk as he reached for Hyuna's hand.

"Oppa what are you talking about?" Hyuna asked him in a confused tone as she laid her head on his shoulder and wrapped her free hand around their grasp.

"Instead of telling you, I'll show you." Hyunseung said as he got up and made his way towards the balcony.

Before Hyuna could analyze what had just happened, she was staring at Hyunseung who was sitting atop of the rail of her balcony after landing gracefully from a flip. It blew her mind and she was speechless, it made him laugh.

"It's not as hard as it looks, ya know?" He said with his eyes closed and a huge smile.

"Yea it is! What are you an acrobat now?! !" Hyuna asked in a daze.

"Come." He said as he held out his hand. "I want you to see the stars like I do." He said softly.

Hyuna began to make her way towards him. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"Don't worry, just trust me." He said as he grasped onto her hand and pulled her up to the railing.

"Oppa I'm scared." Hyuna breathed out shakily as she held onto Hyunseung.

"You'll be fine." Hyunseung said with a reassuring smile before pulling Hyuna up onto his back. From there he jumped onto the vines that hung over the balcony leading to the roof. As he pulled them up, Hyuna witnessed how huge her roof was.

"Wow." She breathed out. "You can see everything from here."

"Yea, especially the sky." Hyunseung said.

"You really must like star-gazing if you went through the trouble of finding out about this." Hyuna said.

"After losing my mom, I would always go watch the stars to calm myself down. I would imagine that she was up there watching me, and with the stars I would see her image." Hyunseung confessed.

"Oh oppa I'm so sorry." Hyuna said as walked up behind Hyunseung and wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Hey it's ok. Watching the stars makes me happy. My mom was the star that lit up my world but now I found a new star to guide me through the dark." He whispered.

"Is that me?" Hyuna asked.

"Yea, and tomorrow morning before the sun comes up I want to bring you up here again so that you can see yourself in the sky." Hyunseung said as turned around to face Hyuna.

"But how is it possible that I can see myself in the sky?" She asked confused.

"The planet Venus is visible to the eye only at dawn. That's what you are Hyuna, you're my Venus. To me whenever I see it in the sky now I always think of you. Hopefully now after I show where to find it tomorrow, you'll think of me when you see it too." He finished with a huge smile.

__________________________

Tears began to stream down Hyuna's cheek just thinking about the happy memory. L had taken notice and made his way off the railing towards her. As he approached her, he lifted his hand and wiped the tears away before caressing her cheek.

'I don't think she knows how beautiful she is. She shouldn't be crying.' L thought.

"Just from your reaction, I can tell he told you the story about the stars and his mom. He only tells it to people who mean a lot to him." L said as he stopped his actions and began to walk towards the exit of the bedroom. "There's a lot about me you don't know. But I'll tell you this me and Hyunseung are more alike than you think." He said as he left the room and Hyuna to her thoughts.

__________________________

Making his way down the Kim hallway, his pocket had begun to vibrate. As he reached in, L discovered that it was his phone which was notifying him of a voicemail that was awaiting him. He placed the phone beside his ear to see what it was about.

'L! The hell are you doing?! You had a three month deadline to seal the deal!! You're overdue and I know you're still in that stupid house. I want that girl L!! You can't fail me after all that I have done for you!! Do you hear me!! Bring me Hyuna!!' Doohan screamed before the message was terminated.

L let out a sigh. Soon his mind flashed back to a few minutes ago.

__________________________

Tears began to stream down Hyuna's cheek just thinking about the happy memory. L had taken notice and made his way off the railing towards her. As he approached her, he lifted his hand and wiped the tears away before caressing her cheek.

__________________________

"I don't think I can do that anymore Doohan." L whispered as he closed his eyes. "There's something about her and I don't know what but I think I'm falling for her."