Destiny

Forbidden Love

Hyuna quietly entered her father's study. She knew he was unhappy in the manner she acted in front of L just by the look he made when he saw her enter. But what did he expect, Hyunseung is and always will be the most important thing in her life, well this  is what she currently believed?

"Are you done?" Kim asked his daughter in a serious tone.

"Yes papa, I'm sorry about before, I didn't mean to yell at you before." Hyuna said as she bowed for forgiveness.

"So what did Hyunseung have to say that was so important?" Kim asked sternly.

Hyuna looked down as the news of Hyunseung going away hadn't really set in until her father had asked. 'I'm not gonna be seeing him anymore.' she thought.

"Hyuna? I asked you a questioned." Her father stated getting impatient. Recently he has noticed that Hyuna has been spending a lot of time together with Hyunseung  and normally he wouldn't have thought much of it but now that L has appeared he had hoped his daughter would take an interest in the boy. Being someone of 'new money' and claimed as the most wanted bachelor in Seoul recently, if he and Hyuna were to wed the Kim family name can rise to new skies. They would become the most influential family in South Korea. Yet as much as he loved the boy, he knew couldn't let him near his daughter anymore. He knew something was going on between them and he didn't like it. His daughter needs a secure home, steady income, and a stable, decent man and with Hyunseung and his past there was no way that would happen. 

Finally regaining her composure, Hyuna spoke up.

"He called to tell me that he's going to be away for a while." Hyuna whispered.

'I feel terrible for thinking this but this is the best news I've heard all week. Now this will give Hyuna and L sometime to get to know each other and she'll finally realize that L is the right choice for her.' "This is perfect!" Kim accidentally said out loud shocking himself as he wasn't supposed to say that.

"What do you mean this is perfect?!" Hyuna retaliated getting defensive. "Papa how can you say such a thing??"

"Listen Hyuna, its time that this thing you have going on between you and Hyunseung comes to an end." Kim stated in stern voice.

"You knew?" Hyuna asked surprised.

"Of course I knew, I'm not stupid. I allowed it because I thought that it was probably a little crush and you two would eventually grow out of it. I didn't expect it to go on for this long. Now that I found you a man who is well suited for you, its time you forget Hyunseung and focus on L and now that he is going to be away this will ease the transition." Kim explained as he got up from his desk to stand in front of his daughter.

"What do you mean by 'suited'?! How do you know who is best 'suited' for me if you barely talk to me! All you do is spend your time in this stupid study and focus only on the business! If you really knew who is best 'suited' for me as you say you'd know its Hyunseung! He's everything I want and more! How can you prefer a stranger over someone you practically raised for your daughter! You know nothing about this L guy, for all we know he can be a serial killer! Where as with Hyunseung you know everything about and you know he's a good guy." Hyuna battled with tears cascading down her cheeks.

"That's why I prefer you to lay your eyes on L! I know Hyunseung and I know he's a good boy but he can't give you the future you deserve. Don't you see I'm looking out for your best interests! Hyunseung will never amount to anything he's gonna be just like his father, a commoner with no bright future!" Kim retaliated.

Suddenly a loud smack was heard across the room. Kim felt his right cheek inflamed with pain but he made no effort to ease it for the shock had him paralyzed. His own daughter, whom he believed would never hurt a fly, just laid her hands on him.   

"I'm back." L stated with a small smile on his face as he waled into the study only to find out that he had entered an awkward situation. 

"Don't you ever speak about him like that again. I don't care if you're my father I won't allow anyone to speak about Hyunseung in that way." Hyuna said coldly before turning to look at L. "Don't get your hopes up. I don't know what my father may have told you but I'm not available. My heart already has an owner which you already met that night at the club..." she said as she turned to look at her father "and nothing is going to change that." she finished off before storming out of the study.

________________________________________________________

"What just happened?" L asked through gritted teeth pretending he had no clue of what Hyuna spoke about.  

"Ignore her L. I apologize for my daughter's rude behavior. She thinks she knows what she wants but in reality she has no clue. I however know what's best and that my boy is you." Kim said as he walked up to L and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Hyuna needs a man, not a boy."

"I agree with you sir. Your daughter is a beautiful young woman and she deserves a man who can properly take care of her and comply with all of her fine tastes. But its an honor that you consider me for the job." L answered.

"You're the perfect package L. Looks, brains, money, I couldn't have asked for a better find. I want you to be the one who marries my daughter. So how do you feel about moving in?" Kim asked.

"Sir, I don't know what to say. Why?" L asked.

"Cause, maybe after spending some time with Hyuna, she'll open up her heart and see that you are indeed the man of her dreams. So what do you say future son-in-law? Will you do it?" Kim asked happily.

"Of course. Don't you worry soon I'll have Hyuna eating out of the palms of my hands." L said confidently.

"It was destiny that you came into our lives my son. You and Hyuna are meant to be together." Kim said as he wrapped L in a bear hug.

________________________________________________________

The beautiful day had turned into a sour one in mere hours. The dark gray clouds now consumed the once blue sky. Roars of thunder echoed throughout with flashes of light accompanying it. It wasn't long before the rain came pouring down almost as if a monsoon were to hit anytime soon. One would think that the wisest choice would be to wait out the storm in the safety of a shelter but two figures were located in the middle of a forest. One stood in front of the other monitoring his pupil as he was perched atop a  log doing two-handed push-ups with his feet straight in the air focusing purely on his upper strength.

"Good JS, this will aid you tremendously! Remember perfect posture or all this work on building your upper strength will be for nothing." Master Choi said.

"Yes master!" Hyunseung yelled as he continued the training. Yet from being upside down and the heavy rain covering his eyesight he didn't feel nor see  when his phone had slipped out of his pocket and sunk into the mud pile that had formed beside the log. 

'Hyuna don't worry, I'm gonna work extremely hard so that I can protect you from any harm I promise.'

________________________________________________________

Hyuna had locked herself in her bedroom after the obstacle she had with her father. She didn't want to have anything to do with him or L. All she really wanted was for Hyunseung to come back to her. With that thought she took out her cell and dialed his number.

'Please answer oppa I need you.' Hyuna thought when suddenly...

"Hey...." Hyunseung said.

"Oppa please comeback home..." Hyuna spat out quickly when...

"You have reached my cell. Unfortunately I can't come to the phone right now but leave a message and I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible." He finished off before it was cut to voicemail.

"Great no answer." Hyuna sighed. "I guess I'll leave him a message. Oppa, its me. I know you're dealing with a lot right now with the stress and all, and I may be selfish for asking this but can you please comeback. I need you right now please." Hyuna begged as she whimpered. "Please call me back, love you bye."