Black Paradise

Forbidden Love

 

The two dashed out of the building quickly following Doohan and L as they made their way towards the bay located behind it. 
 
"At this rate we'll never get to the boat. You have to do something to stop them or we'll never be able to get out of here." Doohan yelled at L. 
 
"There is nothing we can do you idiot! Our only hope is to get to the boat, so keep running!" L yelled back as he held onto Hyuna who kept on fighting him. 
 
The two quickly were approaching the boat they planned on using for their escape. Doohan was the first to leap on. 
 
"Quick throw me the girl!" 
 
As L placed Hyuna on the ground to get her on the boat she elbowed him right in the stomach. As she was getting to run she heard the gun click behind her. 
 
"You run and I'll shoot you dead right now. Get on the boat!" Doohan yelled. 
 
She complied as L quickly released the rope holding the boat to the dock before jumping aboard. 
 
"They'll never be able to catch up to us now."
__________________________
 
"No they're getting away!" Dujun yelled seeing how they were still a good distance away. 
 
Hyunseung increased his speed until he reached the dock. From there he jumped right into the water. 
 
"Hyunseung! Wait up!"
 
__________________________
 
Doohan pulled Hyuna along the bow of the boat towards the control room while L followed close behind.  
 
"Ok, tie the girl up. Once we get to Jeju Island..."
 
A hand yielding a pistol poked out of the Control room. Slowly he began to emerge. 
 
"Papa?!" 
 
Before them stood Kim as he held the weapon aiming point blank at Doohan. 
 
"Let go of my daughter Doohan. It's over." 
 
"Well well isn't it my older brother Donghyun. How did you find me Hyung?" Doohan asked with a sick grin. 
 
"I followed Hyunseung. Yet instead of going in after you, I knew you'd be planning an escape. It was no surprise to find a boat ready to go so I hid here until you came. Now I'll say it again let go of my daughter!" Kim spat angrily as he loaded the gun. 
 
Doohan simply stared at his brother before breaking down into laughter. 
 
"Ah! You always did know me best. And can still crack a pretty good joke as well!" He suddenly changed his tone to a serious one. "But you must be mistaken if you think I'll hand her over that easily. I was actually going to call you for a trade but seeing you here actually makes things easier." 
 
"What are you talking about Doohan?" 
 
"L go get me the briefcase." He stated as he motioned towards the control room. When L returned he opened the case to reveal the computer before Kim. 
 
"You see Hyung, this is a computer which has access to transfer all the funds from the company to my secret account but I have a problem, I need the password. Now here is where you come in. You give it to me and I'll give you back your daughter. Now what do you say?" 
 
"That's not what we agreed on you piece of ! Hyuna isn't going anywhere!" L yelled in frustration as he closed the brief case. 
 
"Well times have changed, so stop making this difficult and do as you say!" Doohan yelled. 
 
"You son of a !" L yelled as he threw the brief case into the water and quickly snatched the gun from Kim and aimed it at Doohan. 
 
Just as he was about to shoot, Hyunseung quickly climbed the side of the boat and jumped behind Doohan and Hyuna pushing them out of the way. As Hyuna and Doohan fell to the ground, it caused him to release his gun thus it falling into the water. 
 
Hyunseung quickly kicked the gun out of L's hands causing the gun to fly between Doohan and Donghyun. The two scrummaged to grab it. 
 
With gun out of hand, Hyunseung threw a hook at his face knocking him to the ground. L however wasn't going to take it. Once on the ground he swung his legs and was able to knock Hyunseung down. Unable to operate well due to his broken wrist he rose up and began to use his legs to attack Hyunseung. 
 
"I've had it with you!" L shouted. 
 
__________________________
 
"Papa! Be careful!" Hyuna yelled as she watched on at her uncle and father struggling on her left and Hyunseung and L on her right, feeling completely hopeless. 
 
"Don't worry honey nothing is going to happen." Kim replied as he began to pull the gun away from Doohan. As he was beginning to feel it come towards his will, Doohan punched him in the gut resulting in him gaining access to the gun. 
 
Doohan quickly emerged up. 
 
"That's it! All this was ruin because of you so there is no reason to keep you around!" He yelled as he aimed the gun at Hyuna. 
 
"You took the most precious thing away from me! I was going to give you a chance to repay what you've done but now it's no use. You'll forever more deal with the pain if her loss!"
__________________________
 
Hearing Doohan's words Hyunseung rolled over and pulled Hyuna down towards him placing his body over hers in a swift motion as the gun went off. 
 
Awaiting to feel the bullet that would pierce  his skin which never came, Hyunseung turned around as to see what had occurred. The sight before him shocked him. 
 
L, with his back facing towards them stood between him, Hyuna and Doohan. His body then collapsed to the ground. The bullet had struck him point blank. All that was left now was his corpse. 
 
"Oh my god!" Hyuna yelled as she grasped onto Hyunseung as he shielded her eyes. 
 
Doohan stood dumbfounded as he dropped his gun. 
 
"What have I done?" He whispered as he collapsed before L's corpse. "I just killed the closest being to me in this world!" He shouted as he clung onto L's body, crying hysterically. 
 
Seizing the opportunity Kim grabbed the abandoned gun and made his way towards Hyuna and Hyunseung. 
 
"Why didn't you do as I said you brat! My boy that I raised! My son! He's gone!" Doohan continued to cry. Soon rage began to engulf him. He stood up rapidly and was about to rush towards the three. Yet rapid bullets were fired at him bringing him, killing him instantly as his body fell on top of L's. 
 
As Kim and Hyunseung looked up, they were surprised to find Dujun arrive with a herd of police boats as the officers fired at Doohan. 
 
It was over. This nightmare was finally over. 
 
Kim grabbed onto Hyunseung's shoulder as he looked at him with a warming smile. "Good job JS, mission accomplished." Before getting up and walking towards his brother's body.
 
Hyuna continued to cling onto Hyunseung. 
 
"Is it really all over?" 
 
"Yea baby girl it's all over now." 
 
"Hyunseung?"
 
"Yea?"
 
"Promise me one thing."
 
"Anything honey."
 
"No matter what promise me you'll come after me like this and you won't stop until I'm by your side again."
 
"I promise." He finished as he looked at her endearingly. "For you I'd go to the depths of the earth. My Venus." 
 
__________________________