Who's the Best?

My Beautiful Angel

 

D.O

“WAIT! D.O!” I heard JiYoung say, but I didn’t look back. What did I just walk into? She doesn’t like him back does she…? My heart felt like it was going to burst. I went back to the room with a sullen expression on my face. Baekhyun noticed me and called me over.

“D.O! Come on you’re missing all the fun!” I just looked back at him. His expression changed to concern. “Hey, what happened?” He asked as he came over. The song changed again. It was Lay’s turn. But Chanyeol wanted to join him in rapping our song, Two Moons.

We walked to the kitchen so we would be unheard. I told him what happened.

His eyes widened. “But… but… I thought she was… I thought she didn’t like Kai!?” I looked at the counter blankly and replied, “I don’t know anymore.” I sighed heavily.

“Let’s just go back and pretend nothing happened.”

Baekhyun and I walked back into the living room where everyone else was. Kai and JiYoung were back as well. She looked right at me with worried eyes. I looked away really fast. *I don’t even want to look at her right now.*

What made it worse? She was sitting with Kai. His arms wrapped around her shoulders…

Kim Jongin. You are dead to me.

Next was Baekhyun. He chose another one of our songs, What is Love. Everyone rolled their eyes.

“Of course you would, Bacon.” Kai said. Shut up, Kai. I don’t even hear your stupid voice. And get your freaking arm OFF OF JIYOUNG. I wish I could pry his arm off but then JiYoung would know how I feel for her. But I don’t want her to know…

You will find out that I’m the guy you can trust…

 

 

JiYoung

Why did D.O come all of a sudden? I thought blankly. I wasn’t even paying attention to who went and who was next right now. Then, I heard Baekhyun’s sweet voice singing What is Love.

I shook my head. Ugh. I can’t even comprehend how confused I am. And why this song Baekhyun? Why? Kai’s arm put his arm around my shoulders. “Just calm down before your turn ok, JiYoung?” He said. I nodded in reply.

Next the two maknaes grouped up with Xiumin and sang Beast’s V.I.U. It was quite the show. Their performance made me feel better. These guys were just too much sometimes. I smiled softly.

Everyone was dancing to the party song and laughing at their performance. With every “You” they pointed to us at first, but then pointed to a random object or a picture of one of the SM Town Artists hanging on the walls.

After their song ended, it was Kai’s turn. He let go of me and walked up to the microphone. “Yah JiYoung. Only Kai and D.O left and then it’s your turn.”

I glanced at D.O who still wasn’t looking at me. His attention was towards Kai. He looked angered for a moment. Then his face looked bored and didn’t even pay attention once he chose a song. Finally, Kai decided on one of Big Bang’s latest releases. Bad Boy. I sighed. *It’s like everyone’s song choices today are being totally ironic to what just happened between me and Kai.* Funny, how sometimes life worked that way.

 

Don’t say a thing

I act tough but I’m not inside

Don’t abandon me~

 

That was probably the only verse I heard. My eyes were on D.O. Everytime Kai said the words “love” and “girl” in the same sentence his fists clenched. Is he… mad at Kai? Then, the song was over. It was finally D.O’s turn. Kai went back and sat next to me again.

He went up with a smirk directed towards Kai. What’s up with these two today? I pondered.

“I’m going to sing one of our EXO songs. Of course, only the short version.” D.O announced. “Oooh, I have a good feeling I know what it is.” Suho said. D.O smiled. “My Lady~”

Then the song started playing. The smooth calming rhythm played.

 

She’s my baby~

 

He started to sing. His sweet voice always made my heart melt. But whenever I hear him sing this song… It just made me want faint.

 

A sweet harmony that I was never able to feel before

Don’t

Be

Too

Late~

 

All of the guys hoots and hollers. “May I present D.O, the man with seductive voice~” Chanyeol said as he raised his hand. I laughed and clapped. Chen laughed, “I think we all agree on the winner?”

“DUH!” Everyone said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I looked up at Kai. His eye was twitching. *Boys. I will NEVER understand them.* I thought with a pout.

Ding Dong~

The front door rang. Kris answered it. We all came to the front door. Then we saw all of SHINee sing and dance as a greeting.

 

Hello, hello~

 

“Annyeong SHINee.” Kris said. “Anyeeoonnggg EXO and JiYoung~” They sang. I rolled my eyes at them when they added my name.

“Hey, guys! Here’s your chicken. Don’t worry its paid for~” Taemin said with an adorable smile. He did a spin and handed us our two boxes of chicken. “Yah! Must you show off?” Minho chided.

Key lightly punched him. “Now, now, Minho. Must you be jealous?” Key asked. “Yeah, Key umma is right. Don’t be jealous cause you can only rap and not have a godly voice like me. Kim Jonghyun~” Jonghyun bragged as he gave a mock smile.

“Yah! You guys are such children!” Leader Onew complained.

“OH, LOOK WHO’S TALKING MR. ONEW CONDITION.” Practically everyone said it. I laughed. “Aigoo, you guys are too much.” Onew smiled, “I know. Keke~”

Then their manager came out of their van. “Guys, hurry up we’re on a schedule, remember?” SHINee complained. “Awww… ok. Enjoy your chicken guys!” They said. “And JiYoung~” The Dino added. I rolled my eyes once more.

“Bye EXO and JiYoung, see you guys later~” Their manager said. Then Onew stuck his head out the window is they drove away, “BY THE WAY GUYS, I TOOK A PIECE OF CHICKEN SINCE WE PAID FOR IT IF THAT’S OK WITH YOU. ARRASSO? BYEEEE! SARANGHAE~ EXO FIGHTING!”

All of us laughed as we waved goodbye. Then, we all went back inside. Luhan and Xiumin put the chicken on the kitchen counter.

Tao cleared his throat. Everyone turned to him. “Hey guys, I don’t think Karaoke is done yet.” Then everyone’s eyes turned to me. “Oh, no. I am NOT singing.” I said as I threw a pillow at Tao.

“Yes, you are.” Kris said. Everyone kept staring at me to guilt me into doing it. I looked into D.O’s eyes. He looked away again.

But before he did his eyes looked kind of sad when I said no. Sighing heavily, I walked up to the microphone. All of the boys cheered.

“So what song are you going to sing for us today?” Baekhyun sweetly asked.

I sighed heavily. I picked the only one song that was stuck in my head for days that wasn’t an EXO song.

“TaeTiSeo’s Twinkle.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh... Looks like a rivalry is forming...

 

Did you guys see D.O's new hair? Teehee~