The Calm Before the Storm

My Beautiful Angel

 

I awoke to find myself in D.O’s arms. He woke up a moment later. Then he smiled and sleepily greeted me, "Good morning Jinnie-ah…” I smiled back and whispered, ”Good morning D.Onut…” Then I remembered what happened last night.

D.O was singing Wonderful Tonight to me as I was about to fall asleep in his arms... My heart fluttered at the memory. Soon, everyone else soon woke up. Luhan stretched and then spoke up. “Hey who wants Chocolate Chip Pancakes?”

“Meeee!”

“Sure.”

“I just want food.”

“Ok. I’ll go ahead and make some.” He announced as he headed into the kitchen. “We’ll go help. Come on Chanyeol.” Kris said as he motioned for Chanyeol to follow him.

Soon the house smelled of lovely, bitter-sweet chocolate pancakes. I finally got up with a yawn. Then I headed to the kitchen counter and sat down. Baekhyun dragged himself over and sat next to me and smiled. “Annyeong JiYoung.” Still tired, I waved a tired hand at him.

“Aigoo… Wake up sleepy head, breakfast is almost done.” Then he ruffled my hair. I softly swatted his hand away.

“Erg… Baekhyun…” His hand reached in to ruffle my hair again as he laughed at me. Then he got up all of a sudden, but not without giving me a smirk first. 

Wait why did he-

Next thing I know, D.O has taken his place. Omo… Baekhyun! That boy.I smiled at D.O with sleepy eyes. “Hello D.Onut~”

He laughed,” Did you sleep well JiYoung?” he asked. By this time everyone was up now. Barely.

I scoffed, ”No, your snoring kept me up for a bit.” D.O scowled at me.

 “DAAAANG. D.O got PWNED.” Tao held his stomach laughing while pointing a finger as he rolled off his couch. “NOOOBBBBB!” Xiumin pointed and then threw a pillow at him.

“Xiumin. Tao.” D.O called. “What?” They asked curiously.

“Um… You guys better run.” I suggested as they looked at me. “Why-“ But Xiumin got cut off when Tao yelled. “OH SNAP!” He threw a pillow at D.O as he came charging at them.

“TEEHEE!” Xiumin yelled.

“Aish. These kids make so much noise in the morning.” Lay complained.

“Breakfast is ready.” Luhan announced. Then he yelled. “D.O, XIUMIN, TAO. GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE. BREAKFAST.”

After Luhan said that we heard a faint,” Owww!” followed by a laugh. Then we saw Xiumin emerge from the stairs rubbing his head but still smiling. And Tao’s hair was even more messed up if possible. D.O was the last to come out with a big laugh.

“HAH! Who’s laughing now?” He laughed. Chen threw a pancake at him. “Come and eat already!” D.O took the pancake off his face and at it. “Mmm… Chocolate.”

D.O came to sit next to me at the kitchen counter. Kai sat on my other side. The rest of the boys sat at the kitchen table since there were only 3 seats for the counter. All of a sudden Kai scooted closer and put his arm around my side.

“So did you dream of anything noona?” I took a small glance at D.O, but he was too busy eating his pancakes. Sigh. He doesn’t even seem to notice this.

I took a bite of pancake and replied, "Yup, they were good dreams.” He smirked then teased, ”Were they about unicorns and all that other stuff girls think about?” I just rolled my eyes.

Sarcastically I told him,” Yes, Kai. I dreamt that I was on a unicorn going to the magical land of EXO Planet.” Then he cooed,” Awww, so cute~”

Kai took my fork and knife. Then he cut a small piece of pancake and held up to my mouth. “Open up wide! Here comes the plane~”

I scowled at him. “Yah, I should be feeding you since you’re younger.” He pouted.

“Fine.” I opened my mouth. Then he fed me my pancakes.

“See? Whose my wittle Jinnie?” He gave me a charming smile. Then he poked my nose. “Kai you’re so strange.” I laughed. But in the back of my mind I knew something was up. He’s never acted like this before… Why now all of a sudden? I glanced at D.O once more. He was staring at me with raised eyebrows. His eyes were unreadable, but as soon as I caught him, he looked away.

Thankfully, Suho spoke up. “Hey, guys. Today is our water fight. Remember?” He said with an evil grin. All eyes me.

“Gee, thanks for reminding them Suho.” I pouted. “You’re welcome!” He said with a laugh.

But then I shot up remembering. “Can one of you drive me home to my apartment real quick? I need to get my swimsuit. Or I can pack my suitcase with a few clothes and live with you guys for the week until my vacation is over like last time.”

“Second option.”

“AGAIN? REALLY? YAAAAY!”

“We’re really going to relive summer last year aren’t we?” I said as I smiled. EXO just cheered and got excited.

“Noona.” I turned. “Yes, Kai?” Then he said. “I can drive you.”

“Thank you.” I smiled at him.

We both went to his car. My jaw dropped. It was a Lamborghini. A Lamborghini Gallardo.

 

 

He saw my expression and laughed. “You like?” I silently nodded. “I do, too.” He said grinning.

-------------------------------------------

Soon we arrived into my apartment complex. Kai raised his eyebrows. “Wow, it looks so… Wow…

I blushed. “Yeah, um… My parents are kind of rich. They have their own room on a different floor. I really only have my dad to thank though. My mom hates me.” I admitted. Kai faced me as we stepped into the elevator. I pressed the button to one of the top most floors.

“How could she hate someone so smart, beautiful, and warm-hearted?” He questioned with an innocent look. I blushed but was touched,”Aww thanks Kai." Then the elevator opened and we arrived on my floor.

We walked down the hallway and found my apartment number. I took my keys out and unlocked the door. Then we both stepped inside. This time Kai’s jaw dropped. “Omo… This takes the cake…”

I waved a hand over his face. “Kai? Kaaaiii.” He snapped back into reality. “What do your parents do?” He asked still mesmerized. “My dad owns an estate business and my mom is an interior designer.”

“Jeez… It’s so nice for an apartment…” I rolled my eyes at him. “Wait here.” He nodded.

I went into my room and found my suitcases. I got a weeks worth of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. and put them into the suitcases. I went back to the living room to find Kai in the balcony staring down at the view. After putting aside my suitcases by the front door, I went and joined him.

“It’s beautiful up here.” Kai said in awe. I smiled down at the view as well. “You should see it at night… The view is breathtaking.”

Just like you…”

My eyes went wide. What did I just hear?? 

I looked up and found him really close to me. My face felt hot and I started to blush. His face was just inches from mine. He didn’t say anything. He just kept moving slowly closer.

What do I do? I don’t like him like that! He KNOWS I like D.O! I panicked as I thought that.

Fortunately- No. Thank the LORD. My phone rang. The chorus to TaeTiSeo’s Twinkle suddenly burst from my back pocket.

Even if I hide it, I twinkle- What do I do?

Then I felt Kai’s hand go past my waist and grab my phone. I jumped a little bit, but Kai seemed oblivious to that. He whispered,” I think this is for you…”

I’m pretty sure my face was on fire right now as I managed to squeak out,” Um… Thanks…” As I took my phone I tried to contemplate on what was going on. Ok. What the flipping . Just. Happened. 

I hurriedly answered my phone. “Yobeoseyo?” Baekhyun’s voice filled the phone. “Hey, whats taking you guys so long? We’re waiting and we’re already ready to start.”

I heard Kai open the door. “JiYoung I’m going to meet you by the car.” Trying to sound normal I replied,” A-arrasso…” Then I heard the door close.

“Hello? JiYoung?” I heard Baekhyun’s voice from my phone. My voice barely managed to get out,” Baekhyun…” Then his voice changed to concern.

“JiYoung whats wrong? What happened over there with Kai?” Baekhyun asked. “Kai he just… He tried to make a move on me…” I whispered.

Silence. Then. “Come here right now. But pretend nothing’s wrong on the way back with Kai. After our water fight talk to me. Ok?” He said with a comforting voice.

I sighed. “Ok…” 

I headed down to Kai's car.