Back to You

My Beautiful Angel

 

D.O

I woke up feeling terrible. I know our debut is in a week but… God dammit, Kai.

He stole JiYoung’s first kiss. Her first. Kiss.

I just want to rip him apart and tear him to shreds. It was supposed to be ME.

I wanted to steal her first kiss.

What’s worse is that when I looked down from my room and saw them, JiYoung seemed completely fine with it. She looked so comfortable when she had done it.

My heart is freaking destroyed. I can feel it. The pain won’t go away…

But I have to be happy for her. I can’t mope around and act gloomy around. Especially because of the debut being so soon, I can’t bum everyone down. This is going to be hard…

“I’m so STUPID.” I yelled as I punched the wall. I made a small dent and my knuckles were slightly bleeding. But I didn’t care.

*Why didn’t I say anything? I’ve known her for so long! I had so much time to tell her! But now my OWN FRIEND. MY OWN COMRADE. Has gone and snatched her up. I’m such an idiot… But she’s happy with him…*

I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands. Then I looked up and stared outside.

This week was going to be stressful. Sighing, I stood up and took a shower.

JiYoung

It was already the next day. I was back in my own apartment. Then it hit me.

Kai kissed me.

I never thought he would take my first kiss. I even thought, stupidly, that D.O would be my first kiss… I guess not. Not every girl can live their fantasy. Now it’s me, back to my own life.

Back to work.

I checked my watch. It was already 12pm and I had work at 1:30pm. *I wondered if D.O saw… If he wasn’t in downstairs last night with us celebrating, he was probably in his room. And you could see the pool from there…* I wondered. Shaking my head, I took a hot shower. Then I got ready for work.

I tied my hair in a messy bun, and put my uniform on. Then I walked to work.

It was a nice day. The sun was shining, birds were singing, kids were out playing, and ajummas and ajusshis were holding hands and walking down the street.

Finally, I arrived at the Little Bear Café.

As soon as I walked inside, someone called my name. “JiYoung! Did you enjoy your break with EXO?” I turned around; it was one of my closest friends, Yuri. “Annyeong Yuri! Yes, it was quite relaxing.” I greeted. “Just to let you know, we have a new boss. She’s really nice! She’s waaay nicer than our old manager.” She said as I came behind the counter.

“Really? What’s her name?” I asked. “Her name is Lee Minjung.” Yuri answered. “Omo, I like her name.” I said.

Someone spoke up from behind us. “Annyeong, you must be Park JiYoung.” We both turned to see a sweet looking lady with a wide smile holding a clipboard. She looked about in her mid 30’s. Her hair was straight and long, and her teeth shined very brightly. She was very pretty.

Smiling, I greeted her back and shook her hand. “Annyeong, Manager-nim.” “Oh, no. You guys can just call me Minjung unnie.” She smiled. “Kamsahamnida, unnie. Welcome to the Little Bear Café.” Yuri and I bowed. “Alright, let’s get to work! Fighting!” She pumped her fist and left. 

Then we got to work. It was another slow day working the cash register. But it was also calming and relaxing. K-Pop was softly playing in the background. As I was softly humming along to the songs I watched the customers in case they needed anything.

*I just realized that this is a very popular place for couples.* I thought sadly. I sighed. One couple in a booth were sharing a piece of cake and having coffee together. I went to the sink and got a drink of water.

Then I heard the bell to the door ring. “Hello, welcome to the Little Bear Café!” Yuri said. “Hi, Yuri. Is JiYoung here?” I recognize that voice anywhere.

“Baekhyun!” I said. Then I went around the counter and gave him a hug. “What are you doing here?” I asked. He hugged me back and replied.

“I finished my schedule for the day already, so I came to visit you for a bit. Are you on break?” He asked. Yuri then spoke up from behind, “Yup! Her break just started. 30min JiYoung.”

I bowed and thanked her. “Thanks, Yuri.” She smiled back and took care of another costumer who just came in. I ordered both of us some coffee and cupcakes. Then Baekyun took me to the corner booth by the window.

“So… I have a question.” He said, as we sat down. “What is it?” I asked as I took a sip of my coffee. “How did… How did you and Kai…? You know.” He asked nervously.

I let out a heavy sigh and said, “Alright, I’ll tell you.” Baekhyun sat up straight and prepared to listen.

“This is how it started.”

----------------

I stared out at the sun in the outside balcony as I drank my coffee. It was a calm morning.“JiYoung-ah.” I turned around. It was Kai.

“Yes?” I asked. Then he came and stood next to me on the balcony. “Do… Do you really like D.O hyung?” He asked innocently. For a moment, I just stood there. Not knowing what to say in return. Did I really like him? Yes, I did. But…

Sighing, I finally said, “Yes… But I don’t think he likes me back… I’m just trying to forget it now.” I admitted. Kai nodded. It was quiet for a moment. Quiet and peaceful. Then he spoke.

“JiYoung… I have something to say.” I turned to look at him. He got closer without me realizing it. I found myself looking up at him. “That night… Where I confessed to you…”

“It was all true. I’m in love with you.”

I was speechless. “Kai…” I whispered. “I know you like D.O… But give me a chance… Like you said, you’re trying to forget him…” By this time his face was inches away from mine.

“I… I don’t know.” I admitted. “I promise I’ll be the best decision you’ll ever make.” He whispered.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” I nodded in stunned silence.

Then he smiled and kissed my forehead.