Stolen

My Beautiful Angel

 

Everyone was still staring at Soo Man-nim as if he was an alien himself.

EXO is finally debuting… I thought astounded, just like everyone else.

After a moment, Soo Man finally said, “I see you guys need time to think about this shocking moment. Not everyone in the music industry makes their debut. You bunch are a lucky group.”

He smiled the nodded towards me. “And you’re lucky to have such an inspiring friend right here. I have a meeting to attend to with other SM Staff. I will see you boys in a week.”

He flashed another smile at us. Then he asked, “JiYoung, I assume you’ll be there as well? Have one of the boys tell me and I will have the coordinators at Inkigayo mail you a VIP Pass backstage and front row seats. Good-bye, EXO Planet. Make your seniors proud.” With that he left.

“Omo… I can’t believe you guys are finally debuting… It’s been so long…” I said breaking the silence. “Neither can I…” Suho said.

Sehun sniffled as a tear came out of his eye. “I-it’s really happening…” Luhan smiled came over to his side and hugged him. “I know. We’re finally debuting… Finally.”

“Awww! Our little maknae is crying!” Xiumin said voice cracking. Everyone laughed at him while they too, had tears coming out of some of their eyes.

Kai squeezed my hand and whispered, “We’re finally debuting…” I jumped a little at his action but he didn’t seem to notice. “I know…” I whispered back. Kai leaned in and kissed my head. Then I noticed someone’s feet in front of us.

I looked up. D.O was right in front of us. His smiled was forced. “Can you believe we’re debuting?” He asked, voice cracking as well. “D.O…” I said quietly.

“And I’m happy for you guys.” He forced, his fists clenching. “I hope… I hope you guys are happy together.” I reached out for him, escaping Kai’s grasp. “D.O-“ Why is he acting like this?

Does he... does he have feelings for me too?

“Let’s go, D.O. You need to rest.” Baekhyun said from behind him and took his shoulders. I looked into D.O’s eyes. All I saw was hurt. Baekhyun nodded at us and they went upstairs. *D.O…*

It was starting to get loud again.

“You know what this means??” Kris asked everyone. “What?” Tao asked.

“PARTY!!” Chanyeol yelled.

-------------------------

Soon it was nighttime. Within a few hours the boys ordered pizza, chicken wings, and any other party food that you could think of. It was a feast.

Baekhyun, Lay, Chen, and Chanyeol were doing Karaoke again. Xiumin, Tao, and Sehun were in the pool. Luhan, Suho, and Kris went to the other room to play pool and foosball. I was with Kai outside looking up at the moon, food in hand.

I couldn’t find D.O anywhere.

A mix of popular party K-Pop songs were playing. Of course, some EXO songs were put in.

“Are you coming to our debut?” Kai asked as we sat there. “I’ll try. Tomorrow I have to go back to my apartment though since I have to work again.” I said. “Ah, I see.” Kai nodded.

Then he looked up at the moon. “The moon looks beautiful tonight.” I agreed and smiled softly up at the moon. *I remember looking up at the moon with D.O back in middle school…* I thought sadly.

 Then I suppressed that memory. It only brought pain and guilt. “Yeah… It does.” I agreed. “Just like you…” Kai said. I turned to look at him.

He was leaning in for a kiss.

Oh, no. I’m not ready for this I- “JiYoung.” Baekhyun interrupted. Kai glared up at him. “Baekhyun! I… Um… Hello.” I said trying to calm down.

“Can I talk to you again?” He asked. “Yeah, sure.” I got up and followed up. He took me to the stairs again.

We sat at the bottom of the stairs again. “So… You really do like him, huh?” He said. It wasn’t a question. He phrased it to sound like one. “Yeah… I do.” I lied. “You know… D.O really IS happy for you.” Baekhyun whispered.

My ears perked up at this. What…?

“H-he does?” I said a little hurt, but I tried to hide it. “Yeah he’s just… Protective of you that’s all. That’s how best friends are… Right?” He nervously laughed.

“Right…” I fake laughed. “Well… You should go back to Kai.” Baekhyun said. I nodded then headed to the back door again. But then he stopped me and said. “JiYoung, please be careful.” He pleaded, worry in his eyes. I nodded again.

I headed back to Kai. I found him on waiting in the same spot. Then the song changed to slow a song. He turned around, hearing my footsteps. “May I ask for this dance?” He asked, bowing. I gave him a small smile, and took his hand. “Yes, you may.”

Then he wrapped his arm around my waist. And held one hand up. We started to dance under the moonlight. Why am I doing this? Why am I dating Kai when I like someone else? I can’t back down now… It’s too late… I don't think he likes me anyways. Baekhyun basically confirmed it...

Then, Kai spun me around.

He squeezed me closer to him. Then he leaned into my face. Our noses were just an inch away. I started to lose my breath. My heart was beating faster. “I love you, JiYoung…” Kai whispered.

Then he kissed me.

My first kiss… Was stolen by someone I didn’t even have feelings for…