This is War

My Beautiful Angel

 

The car ride back to the EXO dorms was silent. And awkward. Really awkward. Then Kai poked you. 

“JiYoung… Are you ok?” He asked with a worried look on his face. I tried to sound as calm and as normal as I possibly could.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said. In my mind I was still freaking out though. I still can’t believe he tried to make a move on me… Does he like me? If he does, this was just taking it too far… He knows my feelings for D.O, just like everyone else.

Finally, Kai said. “Sorry about what happened back there… I-“  But I cut him off a little too quickly.

“No, it’s ok.” Crap. Now, he thinks something is wrong. Which there is. But I don’t want him to ask anymore questions.

Then he nodded and it got quiet again. I guess he read my mind or something. We we’re passing the many lights of Seoul, South Korea. It was still pretty early in the day. It was now 12pm. 4 more hours until the Annual Water Gun War.

To pass the time, I took out my headphones and iTouch and listened to my music. I played MBLAQ’s This is War to put pump myself up for the upcoming war with the boys of EXO planet.

Will you please shut that dirty mouth?

I will give back these painful tears to you.

Engrave you this in your ear- I will never leave you alone.

This is WAR.

Then I spaced out mouthing the lyrics as me and Kai went.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later we arrived to find the boys hanging out in the pool. I’m guessing Baekhyun told D.O what happened because D.O looked right at me with worried eyes when I came outside by the pool to greet them.

I mouthed to him,” I’m fine… I’ll talk to you later.” He nodded.

“Sorry we’re late guys. There was a little bit of traffic on the way back. Morning rush I guess.” Kai shrugged. “Just hurry up and change Kai!” Xiumin said. I could tell he was excited. Chanyeol got up from his seat. “I’ll help you with your suitcases Jinnie-ah.” I bowed to him.

“Thank you Chanyeol.” Then Kai went to the bathroom,” I’ll go change.” We both nodded towards him.

Then Chanyeol took my bags and went upstairs headed to the guest room. I followed behind him. “So, are you ready for the Annual Water Gun War?” Chanyeol smirked at me.

I groaned. “Omo… I was the one always falling into the water remember? It was a free for all last year.” I grumbled.

He laughed,” That’s because you’re such an easy target!” I considered this. Then I said,” Fine, I’m splitting everyone up into teams.”

We arrived to the guest room. “Gee, I don’t think that’ll help.” Chanyeol chuckled as I opened the door. “I know it won’t but at least it’ll be somewhat fair to me.” I defended.

The guest room was probably the best room in the whole house. I always got the best view, and whenever I come here it never ceases to amaze me. And since this is a giant glass house I can see Baekhyun, D.O, and Sehun’s rooms from my room.  

 

(Note - Above is a view from JiYoung's room)

 

“Kamsahamnida , Chanyeol. You can go back down to the guys now.” I thanked him and nodded and left. “Oi. Now I have to go change and prepare for the Annual Water Gun War.” I said with an exhale. I went into the bathroom. Which you have to admit was amazing too.

Then, I looked through my suitcase and found my swimsuit. I put it on and walked downstairs. I took a peek to look outside and Suho spotted my head.

“Jinnie-ah! Don’t tell me your scared of a little water.” He snicked at his own joke. Just then, Kris splashed water at him while he was unguarded. Suho yelled. “Yah!”

“Look who’s afraid now.” Kris said. Everyone, including me laughed.

Then it was D.O’s turn to call me. “Come on, JiYoung-ah. You have another hour to enjoy the calm water before you fall in it a bunch of times.” D.O smiled.

Pouting, I gave up. “Fine, I’ll come out.”

 

 

 

D.O

“Fine, I’ll come out.” I heard her call. Everyone turned around to look at her emerge from the house finally.

Suddenly, my jaw dropped. And I felt my face get warm. She was wearing a different swim suit than last year. And she’s been working out. She looked amazing…

“Hi guys…” JiYoung shyly said as she came up to the pool. “Hi Jinnie.” Baekhyun brightly said. He didn’t hesitate to nudge me with his elbow either. Aigoo. Bacon.

I scratched the back of my head. “H-hi Baek- I mean Jinnie.” Crap. I thought. I heard a few snickers behind me. Xiumin and Lay said. “Smooth D.O. Smooth.” I glared at them. Chen and Luhan just laughed. JiYoung didn’t seem to hear this though. That’s good. At least, I don’t think she heard it. “D.Onut whats wrong?” She giggled at me.

“N-nothing!” I defended myself. “Noona you’re so pretty~” Sehun sang as she came into the pool. “Thanks Sehun.” She gave him an angelic smile. All of a sudden I heard a splash. Then I felt cold water crash upon my face.

“Who. Did that?” I eyed everyone. I looked at JiYoung. She totally couldn’t keep a straight face.

“What? It wasn’t me!” She lied.

“JiYoung.” I said. “Yes?” She replied.

“You’re a bad liar.” I busted her with a smirk on my face.

Then I put both my hands together and splashed it towards her. All of EXO was watching us. JiYoung wiped water off her face. Then she looked up and smirked at me as well.

“Oh, it’s so on.” She said. She looks pretty cute when she gets determined… Wait. What did I just- 

All too soon, I felt another splash on my face. “Woops~” She shrugged. A moment later Kris and Suho yelled out,” SPLASH FIGHT!”

The next thing I know, there’s water going all over the place. Left, Right, Up, Down, you name it. Tao used his Wu Shu skilled to make powerful splashing waves aimed at everyone. The Twin Towers, Kris and Chanyeol were in a corner splashing everything and anything in sight. Xiumin, The Bun, canon balled into the pool causing everyone to get soaked. HunHan the ever famous tag team were doing the same as Kris and Chanyeol. Lay, Chen, Kai, and Suho were just all over the place.

JiYoung was on the other side of the pool and I went to her. “Aigoo, D.O, the water is cold!” She squealed as I came over. *Aish. Her aegyo…* “Don’t worry I’ll protect you.” I smiled at her. She smiled back. But then that jerk, Kai, came over.

Anger burned up inside me. “Hey, Kai.” I said. “What?” He questioned. As soon as he turned, I gave him the biggest splash I could muster.

“Omo, D.O!” He went backward into HunHan. They winked at him and got him in a corner and started splashing him endlessly. I gave Luhan a high five. “We got you dongsaeng.” He said with a smirk. After what Baekhyun told me, I just felt something well up inside me. I just wish I could tell her that I like her. No, not like.

Love. I love her.

Then Suho hyung called us to a halt. “STOP!” We all had confused looks on our faces.

“Wae?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah, I was having so much fun!” Tao complained.

“Oh, our maknaes.” JiYoung rolled her eyes. Everyone laughed as both of them said, “Hey!”

Then Kai, stood up in the pool. “Finally, HunHan here wouldn’t let me get out of their splash corner.” Luhan laughed as Sehun did one final splash on him. Kai grinned evilly at them. “Alright. I got you guys.”

We heard the clock strike 4 from inside the house. I got out of the pool and stood in front of everyone. “Ok, guys. It’s time for our Annual Water Gun War!” Everyone cheered. JiYoung just smiled. Her smile just gets to me every time…

I snapped myself out of it.

“Its May 29, 2012, 4pm sharp. You know the rules. You + Water Gun = You’re on the battle field. No quitting, because we don’t except quitters.” I announced.

“Yeah, JiYoung.” Chanyeol teased. “Mehrong.” She teased back. Everyone laughed.

I continued. “Since JiYoung is the only girl here. She gets to choose the teams.” I pulled her up from out of the pool. “Ok, choose the teams Jinnie-ah.” She smiled at me. “Arrasso.”

“Team Alpha will be with me.” She began. *Please put me on your team JiYoung, pleeaasssee.* I thought hard.

“Tao.” Yesss~

“KREASE.” Oh you would.

“Bacon.” He smiled at her.

“Sehun.” Both the maknae’s in one team!

"Xiumin." BEHOLD. THE ALMIGHTY BUN.

*Please pick me pleeeaasssee!*

“D.O” YES! I punched the air. Yet again, everyone smirked at me. Except Kai. His eyes read, “I’m going to kill you.” Which was fine by me.

“Alright Team Beta. I assume you all know who you are but I’ll just say at in case.” She laughed.

“Lay.” He nodded and went to the other side of the pool.

“Chen.” He quietly went to join Lay.

“Suho.” Leader against leader, huh? This should be fun.

“Luhan.” Awww no HunHan. Luhan pouted.

“Chanyeol.” AYO~

“And Kai.” You’re all going down. He said with a smirk. But he was looking right at me as I said it.

Then I said, “We have a trillion water guns guys so you can just keep switching them out if you want. Each one has its own special trick.” I grinned evilly. I had my own stowed away behind a bush.

JiYoung announced, “Alright. We all have our teams! Are you guys ready??” She smirked.

“YEAH!”

“LETS DO THIS!”

“TEAM ALPHAAAA~”

Then she finally yelled. “In the words of MBLAQ.”

THIS. IS. WAR.

Oh yes, it is. I thought, my eyes on Kai.