WHAT?!

My Beautiful Angel

 

JiYoung

The week passed by so fast. *Now, I only have 2 days left with EXO… And then, back to work.* I thought sadly.

Kai and D.O we’re still secretly glaring daggers at each other too… I guess Kai asking me to be his girlfriend and me accepting it made D.O get his protector like self out.

My being his girlfriend was supposed to be a secret but then again, Baekhyun knows everything that happens in the house. Even if I don't tell him, he's still able to figure things out because he's been looking at me and Kai weirdly these past few days. I guess he felt compelled to tell D.O. Luckily, those two kept it to themselves. It was just a regular afternoon here at the dorms.

We were all just hanging out around the house, doing whatever.

D.O was still in his room sleeping. Kai went out to get me my favorite cupcakes. Baekhyun was watching TV on the couch with Lay, Chen, Chanyeol, and Xiumin. Tao was teaching Sehun and Kris, who just landed on his , Wu Shu. Luhan and Suho went to their dance room in the basement to practice.

Yes, they have a dance room in this gargantuan house glass house.  All of a sudden, Baekhyun stood up and stretched from the couch. The others were too absorbed in watching a re-run of SHINee’s Hello Baby. They were watching the episode where Key takes them to the Kids Café.

Then Baekhyun looked around and saw me sitting by on the kitchen counter. He walked over and sat next to me. “Hi Bacon.” I greeted him. “Hi JiYoung… Can I talk to you?” He asked with a sheepish look on his face. “Um… Sure. What’s up?”

He took my hand and soon I we stopped by the stairs. Baekhyun finally spoke, “Um… Are you going out with Kai?” My eyes widened. “How did you know? I mean… I knew you suspected it… But…” He laughed nervously. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, knower of all things involving EXO.”

Smiling, I lightly punched him. Then my smile faded and I got serious.

“Yeah… Why do you ask?” Baekhyun looked down. “Oh… I just wanted to know. Why didn’t you tell the rest of us?” As I was about to reply, Kai opened the front door with a brown bag in hand and two coffees.

Kai smiled at me, “Hey…” Then, he saw Baekhyun and his eyes widened.

“Oh! Um… H-hi Baekhyun!” He stammered. I held up my hand. “It’s ok he knows… Er, he figured it out.” Baekhyun nodded with a sheepish smile.

“Oh… I guess the secret will be out soon, now.” Kai gave out a small laugh. “I wasn’t planning on telling anyone.” Baekhyun stated. “But if you’re just buying those cupcakes and coffee for you two, it’ll be clear. Just saying~” He shrugged.

Kai looked down at the goods. “Oh yeah… Right.” The atmosphere was really awkward. I wanted to run and watch SHINee’s Hello Baby with the others, but I stayed put.

“You know… D.O isn’t going to like this. You know how protective he is of JiYoung.” Baekhyun finally said.

“D.O isn’t going to like what?”

All of us looked up. D.O finally woke up and his bed head hair was hanging over his face and sticking up at all sides. I looked away. He looks so cute when he’s just woken up. Wait! I’m with Kai! Yah, Park JiYoung, get your head straight. I mentally slapped myself.

Then he finally spotted Kai and his traveled down to the brown back and coffee in his hand. “Oh, it’s you.” He said his eyes narrowed.

Kai glared right back. “Good afternoon, Sleeping Beauty.” He shot back at D.O. “Ugh. I don’t need this right now. I’m going to take a shower.” D.O said as he went back upstairs.

“D.O wait!” Baekhyun called as he ran up the stairs. But he was already gone. We heard the shower start up.

I sighed heavily. “Can’t you two just get along?” Kai looked at me with his dark brown eyes. “Sorry JiYoung…”

“Let’s go eat. Maybe your favorite cupcakes will make you feel better?” Kai smiled. I smiled back and nodded. We headed to the kitchen counter.

Lay, Chen, Chanyeol and Xiumin looked up from the couch and saw Kai holding the brown bag. “Kai, you brought food?” Chen asked. Then all of their eyes looked at the two coffees he was holding in his other hand. Lay’s eyes widened with revelation. “A-are you two going out??” He asked astonished.

We both nodded.

“WHAT?!?!” They all shouted eyes wide.

“Yeah, me and JiYoung have been going out… For 3 days now.” Kai said calmly.

“WHAT!!??” They just repeated. Then we heard Suho and Luhan come from the basement. “Seriously, you guys. I’m pretty sure Hello Baby didn’t make people yell this much.” Suho said, arms crossed.

“SUHO HYUNG! DID YOU KNOW THAT JIYOUNG AND KAI HAVE BEEN GOING OUT FOR 2 WEEKS???” Chanyeol yelled. It was Suho and Luhans turn to have their eyes wide. “What…?” They asked quietly.

Soon, Kris, Tao, and Sehun heard the commotion from outside as well. “WHAT. Is all this yelling for?” Kris asked, clearly annoyed.

“Um… Me and Kai have been going out for 2 weeks now…” I said to Kris in a small voice. Tao and Sehuns jaw dropped. Kris’s eyebrows were raised, clearly in shock. “But… I thought…” He began. I gave up him a pleading look. Don’t say it please don’t say ‘What about D.O?'

Thankfully, Kris understood and said, “Never mind… But… Why didn’t you guys tell us now?” He asked what was on everyone’s mind since they all nodded in agreement.

Then D.O’s voice was heard from the balcony looking down into the living room and kitchen. “Because they wanted to keep it a freaking secret.” His voice said. “Sorry.” Baekhyun apologized following D.O. Then we heard his door slam.

I winced. He's being super over protective over this. Is he ok?

Then the house became silent, as everyone else was still staring at us.

Ding Dong~

Luckily, we heard the door bell ring. “I got it.” Luhan said as he walked to the front door. “So… It’s official now?” Sehun stared at us. We both nodded. “I guess it is maknae.” Kai smirked then he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

“Oh! Lee Soo Man ajusshi! Come on in!” We heard Luhan say. Everyone sat up straight hearing their boss’s name. “Thank you, Luhan. As always, you are quite the gentleman.” We heard a deep voice reply. Then a man, wearing a fatherly-like smile came into view with Luhan next to him.

“Hello, boys.” They bowed. Then he spotted me and smiled. “Of course, hello JiYoung.” Nervously I bowed 90 degrees and greeted him back. “A-annyeonghaseyo, Soo Man-nim.”

Soo Man bowed back. Then he continued. “So, I have good news for you boys.” He said. “Wait, where are D.O and Baekhyun?”

“Right here. Sorry Soo Man ajusshi.” D.O said from the balcony as he and Baekhyun bowed 90 degrees. Then they came downstairs.

“Hello, boys.” He greeted them. Finally, he continued. “I know you boys have been waiting for your debut.” He looked around at all our faces.

“But the wait is over.”

Our eyes all widened once more. “W-what?” Tao asked. “Can you r-repeat that Mr. Soo Man?” Baekhyun asked.

He laughed at us. “The wait is over.” He repeated.

“R-really?” Suho boldy asked.

Soo Man laughed again. We couldn’t believe our ears. Is he… Serious? A million thoughts raced through my mind.

“Yes! Your debut is 2 weeks from now on Inkigayo!”