Winners and Losers

My Beautiful Angel

 

JiYoung

“AAAH!” I screamed as I fell into the water. “NO!” I barely heard someone say.

SPLASH~!

Then, everything turned blue and the screams and music became muffled. *Sigh. I fell into the water AGAIN.* I thought disgruntled.  But someone else was too. Did Kai fall in also? I opened my eyes.

“Omo!” Of course, it came out as a bubble. D.O was the one who fell in. He flashed me a laughing smile as bubbled came out of his mouth too. I gave him a smile and pointed upward so we can go up to the surface. He nodded back and grabbed my hand while we both swam up. We broke through the surface and gasped for air.

“D.O-ah, why did you jump in?” I asked, perplexed.

“I wanted to save you!” He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. My eyes rolled. “You know, it’s just water.” I said. “But there were floaties in the way.” He pouted. “Don’t ruin my heroic moment JiYoung~”

SPLASH

Just as he said this, two more people fell in. It was Sehun and Tao. A moment later, they swam up to the surface. The maknae pouted. “Yah! I slipped this is unfair!” Tao agreed, his arms crossed. “Yeah this shouldn’t count!”

Then Baekhyun and Xiumin fell in. His head popped up out of the water. “Oops! I didn’t see Chanyeol behind me.” He said. “And you hit my face as you fell in.” Xiumin complained as he rubbed his face.
Baekhyun laughed. “Sorry, bun.”

Only Kris was the one left standing. “Come on Duizhang!” Tao cheered. “Yeah! Show them whose boss!” I cheered along with him.

“Crap, this isn’t looking too good.” He hissed. “You know, for a 7 member team, I thought you guys would have the advantage.” Suho said with a smirk. “You’re going to get it later Suho.” Kris glared.

Soon, all of Team Beta surrounded Kris and the pool. There was no escape. “Aigoo, you guys are acting like it’s a real war.” I said. “Well we’re guys, aren’t we?” Luhan shrugged. Suho and the rest of his team advanced closer towards Kris. Kris tried to shoot his water gun but there was no water in it left.

“Ready to surrender?” Chanyeol asked. “Nope. Never.” Kris replied coolly.

All of a sudden, D.O yelled, “KRIS. CATCH!” He threw his giant water gun to Kris and he caught it. Lay’s eyed widened. “Oh, snap.”

Kris ran through Suho and Chen. Then he turned around and blasted them with cold water until they fell into the pool. “Awww, come on.” Suho pouted. Me and D.O just laughed. Then he ran to the side of the pool where Lay and Luhan were.

“Omo, I didn’t know you were this fast!” Lay said surprised.

“I’m you’re leader aren’t I?” Kris smirked. Then he shot them with cold water as well and they too, fell in with everyone else.

Kai and Chanyeol were left. Kai went to one side of Kris, and Chanyeol took the other. But Chanyeol wasn’t aware of a towel at the edge of the pool. “WOA!” He yelled as he slipped on it. Then he fell in.

“Aish, Chanyeol. Sometimes you’re clumsier than JiYoung.” D.O snickered. “HEY!” I said as I swatted his arm.

Kris and Kai eyed each other. They couldn’t run because if all the water by the pool. “I wonder who’s going to go down first?” Kris said, face determined. “I guess we’ll have to find out.” Kai smirked.

I hope Kris wins… Wait what am I thinking? They should get equal chances! Ugh. Kai is making me all confused. Everyone was watching and it was really tense.

“YAH! WHAT’S THAT!?” Xiumin pointed at the sky. “WHAT. WHERE?” Kai said surprised.

Then, Kris ran to Kai and pushed him in the water. “YAH! XIUMIN. I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” Kai raged.

“TEEHEE!” He giggled.

“WOO~! TEAM ALPHA WOOONNN!” D.O, Sehun, and Tao yelled.

“Now, you guys have to make or order our dinner.” I said with a smirk. “Your choice~”

I looked over at Kai. He looked away when I caught him staring at me. Is he still on what happened at my apartment?

“I’m too lazy to cook.” Suho said. “Yeah, same here.” Chen agreed. “I guess we’re doing take out then.” Lay said with a shrug.

“What do you guys want for dinner?” Luhan asked.

Then our whole team yelled. “CHICKEN!”

“Arrasso, arrasso. I’ll call a chicken place.” Luhan said as got out of the pool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already 7pm. All of us we’re starving.

Luhan dialed the number. “Hello?”

“Omo. Luhan??”

We heard Onew’s voice through the phone. Luhan’s eyed widened. “Onew hyung?? What are you doing at a chicken restaurant?!”

All of us turned to listen.

Onew laughed,“You know me and my chicken. I just can’t stay away~ Just kidding. I was visiting a friend here after hours. Aaannd since you’re calling to order I’ll just place the order for you. Maybe I’ll even get to deliver it. Hehe~”

“Oi. Onew and his chicken.” Kai shook his head. Luhan placed the order.

“Arrasso, I’ll get it ready and deliver it to your dorm! Oh, by the way, hi guys and JiYoung!” He greeted. That's another thing being so close to EXO, all the other SM groups knew me well.

“Heeey. How did he know I was here?” I said. Onew overheard me. “JiYoung you’re always with EXO, you noooob~” I rolled my eyes. “See you in a bit guys, EXO FIGHTING!” Then he hung up.

Luhan shrugged. “I’m guessing the chicken will be here in 45min to an hour or so.”

“Huh, what are the chances of Onew answering the phone in a chicken restaurant?” Chanyeol asked. “Like 80%.” D.O said jokingly. “More like 200%.” I scoffed. Everyone laughed. Things got loud while we waited for the chicken.

Then Baekhyun asked, “Do you guys wanna sing some karaoke?”

“Baekhyun. We all know you, D.O, Chen, or Luhan will beat us.” Sehun said flatly. “No, we won’t!” D.O smirked.

“Does that mean I have to sing this time?” I pouted.

Everyone turned to face me. “YES.” My eyes widened. “Ok, ok. I will.” I said with my hands up. “But if I bust some eardrums it’s not my fault.”

We all drew sticks to see who would get to go in order. First up was Kris. After Kris’s turn it went to Suho, Luhan, Chen, Lay, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, Sehun, Kai, Xiumin, D.O and lastly, me. “Aigoo, why did I have to draw the shortest stick?” I asked in frustration. “Awww the best for last I guess.” Xiumin laughed.

Then I smirked, “So the worst is the first?” Kris glared at me but smiled, “Just you wait JiYoung. We have heard you sing because you backed out to every karaoke we did. THEN we’ll see who’s the worst.” I put a determined face on. “Alright, let’s get started.”

Kris chose Jay Park’s Level 1000 featuring Dok2.

“Of course it’s rapping,” We all said rolling our eyes. Kris shrugged and continued. Everyone was having a great time and laughing while watching Kris “perform.” Some of us even rapped along with him to the chorus.

“YEAAHH KRIS PARK!” Tao yelled. Sehun threw a pillow at him and laughed. “Pabo.” Then Tao did his ever famous aegyo. “BUING~ BUING~” We all laughed at him.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder as it was Suho’s turn.  Both me and D.O looked up. It was Kai. “Yes?” I asked. “Can I talk to you?” He looked at me. I nodded. Then he turned around and walked towards the hall. I saw D.O in the corner of my eye. Baekhyun spotted me too. He wore a worried expression. “I’ll be ok.” I whispered. Then I followed Kai.

“Alright guys, I’ve been working on my Mandarin. This is for EXO-M!” I heard Suho say. Jason Chen’s Chinese version of Best Friend started to play.

Then we stopped in the hallway next to the stairs. “Are you sure you’re ok? You’ve barely said a word to me after this morning…” Kai asked. I couldn’t look him in the eye. I sighed then confessed, “No, I’m not…”

Kai looked at me. “Look, I’m really sorry… I couldn’t help it. I like you… I’ve liked you for a while now…” He confessed.

My heart felt like it was breaking. I didn’t think of him that way. But then again, D.O probably didn’t think of me that way either. “Kai... You know I like D.O…” I said looking down. “I know… But it doesn’t look like he likes you though…”

We heard Suho singing for a moment. My ears caught this.

I fell in love with my best friend~

Why did I have to learn Chinese, too? Tears welled up in my eyes. “I know… That’s the sad part…” Then Suho’s turn ended. Chen was up.

“Who’s up for another Chinese number?” He asked. Then Wang Leehom’s Heartbreak was filling the house. Kai grabbed my wrist.

“Hey, don’t cry… It’s ok.” He assured me. Then I hugged him tightly. I didn’t care anymore; I just wish I could say something. He hugged me back.

“It’s so unfair…”

“What are you guys do-“ We heard D.O say as we saw him round the corner. Then he stopped abruptly with a blank look on his face. He nodded stiffly and walked away.

“D.O! Wait!”

You’re crying again,

But I can’t comfort you…