Chase

Heist Society

Tao panicked as he patted down all of his pockets. I swear I had it here.. Then he remembered something. When the guy was leaving, Tao felt something brush against his back pocket.  It must be him. Images of the guy flooded through his mind as he tried to figure out where the guy must have gone. There must be something. A clue. As the images were flipping through his brain, the flipping stopped on one specific image. It was the guy, of course, but instead this was his wrist. on his wrist he had something dangling, a little strip of paper wrapped around like a wristband. M Hotel. That's what it said.

"Where is the M Hotel?!" Tao demanded from the cashier. 

"It's right next door to the McDonald's on the other block."

Tao ran, as fast as his toned legs could carry him. He ran until he reached the sidewalk at the end of the street that the Gucci was on and waited for the light to turn red so that he can walk. Tao scanned the street in front of him, hoping to be able to catch the guy, but there were no traces of him. The light turned red and Tao pushed through everyone, apologizing as he went on. 

"Hey, watch it!" An angry, bald man yelled at him.

"Sorry, sir." Tao looked into the man's blue eyes for a split second and kept on running. 

He can't get that far, can he? Tao's mind and heart raced as he kept running until he turned the corner of the block where the M Hotel was at. He didn't want to stick out from the strolling crowd so he stuck to the same pace as everyone else until he reached the hotel. It was huge, with two giant, spiraling plants on each side of the gold, revolving doors. It looked so perfect but old fashioned. there was a fabric canopy over head which was black and had M Hotel sewn on in cursive. There was a tall doorman who was dressed in an all black suit with a wide, grey handlebar mustache. through the glass, he can see all of the white tiles and walls, the giant gold chandelier and the giant cream with gold trim reception desk. Normally, it would take a person a couple of minutes to notice all of these things, but it took Tao less than a minute. Which was equivalent to the amount of time it takes for Luhan to finish a Rubix cube.

"Good evening sir, welcome to the M Hotel." The doorman extended his white, gloved hands towards the entrance.

Tao walked slowly inside, going through the revolving door. He strode along the white tiles and heard his new, black Nike high tops squeak as if with joy as he stepped closer and closer to the receptionist. "Uh, have you seen a very tall blonde-ish Asian come in?"

The lady looked up. She was focusing on her work before Tao walked in. She was middle aged, blonde haired, blue eyed, had red lipstick on and was dressed in a suit also, but with a skirt instead of pants. "Kris? Why yes. He, as a matter of fact, just came in." A blush as deep as her lipstick crept up on her cheeks after saying his name. 

"So you mind telling me what room he is in?" 

"Sorry, but that is private information that we aren't allowed to give out." She was taken aback, somehow by his question.

Ugh, this lady. You deserve this.  Tao summoned up all of his cuteness and exhaled. He put his hand into a fist and put it next to his face. He brought his eyes level to the receptionist. I am in desperate need of help woman, you aren't helping me at all.

"Pleaaaaaaase?" He blinked a couple of times and moved his fist back and forth, rubbing his cheeks. 

She looked as if she was on the verge of exploding. "LEVEL 4 ROOM 422." She squeezed her eyes shut.

Now that's more like it.

--

Tao got off the enormous elevator and headed on out into the hallway. There was still tile on the floors, however the chandelier was replaced with yellow reset lights which let off a warm glow. Tao felt as if he didn't belong. Him with his black hair, white T-shirt, blue jeans and shiny Nike. Everything was so.. Elegant and soft and sweet like.

He turned to the right and looked for 422.

417. 419. Ah! 422.

He stopped in front of the room and knocked. "Room service!" He yelled in the most ridiculous deep voice ever. 

He expected the guy, so-called "Kris" to be there. But the person who appeared was never on the list for whom he thought would open the door.

It was Chen.