Tension

Heist Society

 

The ride back to the hotel where Kris and Chen was staying at was excruciating. It was filled with silence and tension. Everyone was thinking up a way to be able to retrieve the paintings within the short amount of time given to them, but it seemed nearly impossible. 
Once they got inside the hotel room, they all sunk into the sofa with thoughts racing through their heads. We can find a vent to go through.. Tao thought to himself. But it was way too risky. Vents always seem to be the answer in those spy movies seen in theaters, but Tao knew that the world famous Henley wouldn't be that stupid as to not put any type of security in the vents. Tao sunk into the sofa with a sigh. Kris looked towards Tao and sunk in also beside him. Great, even Tao is stumped.
It was quiet in the room and it kept like that for approximately 15 minutes until Lay stood up quickly and stood in front of everyone. He straightened his clothes and cleared his throat.
"We need help." Lay stated. Obviously, we do. Tao groaned.
Chen scrunched up his face in displeasure. "Who are you thinking of?" Chen was angry by the fact that he couldn't think up anything and neither can five other trained thrives who have stolen things since they have been born.
"Well, who else would be smart enough and cunning enough to be the only one on Taccone's list?" Lay stated and spread his arms wide, as if he was asking for answers.
Tao thought for a moment along with the others. Who is Lay referring to? At that moment it clicked for everyone and Luhan gasped.
 
There is only one person in the world who fit that description.
One person who most likely will not help them at all.
One person who four of them knew very well and one even better than the others.
One cunning, intelligent and careful person.
 
Tao's father.