Phase I (part 1)

Heist Society

 

Tao's hand shook. They haven't even begun yet. Sure, all of the plans have been made but he wasn't sure if everyone else was ready. 
"Tao.." Kris' hot breath was beside his neck as he read the text. "We have to tell the others." 
Tao swiftly brushed his thumbs back and forth across the screen of his iPhone until Luhan, Lay, Chen and Xiumin were on the screen Facetiming them. 
"Problem. We only have one week left." Kris spoke behind Tao to the rest of the members. 
Luhan and Lay looked at each other. They were in the same  video screen box while Xiumin and Chen were together. 
"Xiumin and I have all of the disguises sent to some designers who are making them right now. It may take a while." Chen switched the camera so that everyone can see a couple of people with sewing machines and  computers putting together material in a blindingly white room. He then switched the camera back to the front.
"About two hours." A voice squeaked in the background, barely audible. 
Luhan nodded. "Then in two hours, we start phase one. Kris, Tao come back to the hotel room. Chen, Xiumin continue waiting then come back right away." 
Everyone nodded and left FaceTime.
--
Chen and Xiumin walked into the hotel room with two other people trailing behind them. They each held a box in front of them with names written on them in sharpie. Each of the four members took a box according to their names and opened them up and started changing. 
Tao sighed and opened up his cardboard box. In it, he found a skin toned colored earpiece that looked exactly like an earplug, glasses with thick frames and microscopic cameras on both sides, a grey jumpsuit, a name tag and lace up boots. He slowly took them out. Now, this is truly the beginning.
--
Luhan and Lay were dressed up as your guides who work at the Henley. Their outfits were both exactly alike, black dress pants, black Converse high tops, a white dress shirt and a black tie. They both had name tags with microphones on them clipped to their side and earpieces in their ears. Kris was dressed up in a fancy suit and had a black wig on and glasses like Tao's which both looked absolutely ridiculous on him. He was to disguise himself as a rich CEO of some sort and distract the owner of the Henley. He is the one who will pretend to be the one who wanted to put some money into the museum and will ask how the security is set up.
Everyone started cracking up once they saw Tao.
"Tao, you look very stylish in that jumpsuit. You know how much they are in right now." Chen laughed.
"Yeah, for girls." Tao mumbled and pulled on the long sleeves which were starting to bother him already. 
"Since we're all ready, shall we go?" Luhan walked towards the door and held it open. Everyone else scrambled outside one by one.
--
They all arrived at the Henley and split up. Chen and Xiumin stayed behind in the van, monitoring everything from Tao's and Kris' glasses on two tv screens inside while listening through the earpieces. Chen brought at least three MacBooks which he sprawled all over the floor of the now empty van. 
"Let's begin." Xiumin smiled.
--
 
Luhan and Lay POV
They walked through the glass doors of the Henley and turned into a tiny little door labeled "employees only". Luhan turned the knob and stepped inside. It was a small office with a red couch, a wooden desk with papers of all sorts engulfing it and an old fashioned tv on a shelf in the corner of the room opposite him and Lay. 
Lay cleared his throat, hoping to get the other person in the room's attention. 
"Hello there." A decent looking British turned around. He wore wire rimmed glasses and had short brown tousled hair. "New, huh? Well, I'll give-" He squinted towards Luhan's name tag. "Luh hand group 1 and-" he squinted again bit towards Lay's name tag. "Lay group 2. Simple right? Okay so then I get group 3. You know what to do right? Okay? I'm going now." 
Luhan nodded and waited for him to leave but he wouldn't. 
"Leavinggggggggg. Now." The other guy bolted out the door.
Lay watched the guy as he raced through the door and towards the lobby. "Steve is strange. Huh?"
"His name was Steve?" Luhan muttered also looking out the door. "I didn't see a name tag."
"Dimwit, he wore it on the wrong side that's why." Lay smacked Luhan in the back of the head and also headed out towards the lobby. Luhan followed behind, rubbing the back of his head. This jerk.
--
Lay POV
I was now in the room of Egyptian artifacts right next to the room with the paintings. Thankfully, I only had to show them a few rooms until another person took over the shift. The same thing happens to Luhan. I studied the room carefully. 
"Camera hidden on the top of the head of the sphinx model." I whispered to the mic hidden on my name tag. "The camera can spin around in a full circle so it can point to the opening of the painting room."
"Got it." Chen replied back while I heard loud keyboard clicks. "Look for more cameras like that, okay?" 
"Kay." I kept on searching that room. 
At the end of my shift, I had found ten rotating cameras and three still ones which were on the wall parallel to the other room. 
"Good job, Lay." Xiumin's voice resonated in my ears. "Now can you buy me some food? I'm hungry." 
I laughed and exited the Henley as soon as the other tour guide arrived. As I exited, I spied Luhan exiting also and sent him a smile. He smiled back and sprinted towards me.
--
Chen and Xiumin POV
Lay and Luhan returned into the van and started taking off their ties and name tags. Luhan was in the room next to Lay's which also had an opening leading to the painting room. Luhan found way fewer cameras in that room, the great history of the Tea Party than Lay did. There were only two rotating cameras and one which was still and was pointed directly at the entrance. Xiumin and Chen for at least an hour and a half have been mapping out all of the cameras on a blueprint on their computer while eating steamed buns that they bought at a dim sum place. Never underestimate the places where dim sum can be found. During the time that Lay and Luhan  were searching for the cameras and nothing was happening, they played games to see who would get the next steamed bun. It was mostly rock paper scissors and it was mostly Chen winning. Although Chen won each time, he gave the buns to Xiumin once Lay and Luhan got in.
"Chen I love youuu~" Xiumin sang and hugged Chen.
Chen blushed and laughed. "I know you do."
"Wow, I never thought the saying could be true, but it sure is! 'You are what you eat' and Xiumin you sure do look like baozi." Luhan snickered and placed the name tag near Chen.
Xiumin took it and threw it at Luhan, hitting him on the chest. "I'M NOT BAOZI OKAY." 
Chen saw Xiumin's frown and laughed. "I'll still like you even if you are baozi." He ruffled Xiumin's hair and he calmed down a bit and blushed.
Kris' deep voice then interrupted their conversation. "I'm in the owner's office. Chen, Xiumin listen carefully."
Chen and Xiumin ran back to their spots while Luhan and Lay each ran in front of a laptop and prepared to listen intently.