Liang

Heist Society

 

Tao knew Liang from when he was a baby. His mother didn't really take care of him, so Liang did. She was only older than Tao. She was also considered a close friend to Tao and his family, but Tao lost all contact with her when he was five and so did the rest of the family. 
"Chen.. We need you to find Liang.." Chen nodded and took out his iPad. They were all now crowded in a little cafe by Sehun's place. 
Luhan sipped his coffee as Chen beside him went tried to find a Liang. Chen handed the iPad over to Tao once he found the Sixty five Liangs an sighed.
Tao remembered what she was like mildly. He was so little at the time that he met her. He remembered something about his father talking to her asking about technological help, so Tao just look for the one Liang that majored in technology. 
"Found her." He pointed to a middle aged woman and jotted down the address. 
--
Tao stopped in front of a place in South Korea that looked like one of those houses you see in ancient Chinese movies. They all stood in front of the giant wooden double doors as Tao knocked on it. 
"Coming." He heard a voice exclaim as rapid footsteps were heard crossing a grassy area behind the door towards it. One side of the door creaked open and revealed a middle aged woman with her black hair in a ponytail and a screwdriver in hand. She wore a pair of clear safety goggles and behind it were eyes that were blinking rapidly, trying to recognize who the six men were.
"Hello.." She eyed them skeptically as Tao scooted from the back of the group to in front of her.
"Nihao Liang." Tao smiled and waved as she stared at him for a few seconds.
"Tao?" She raised her eyebrow.
He nodded as she squeaked and enveloped him in a very tight hug. "How's my little prince?" 
Tao shook his head in embarrassment as she petted him like a dog in front of Kris.
She turned around and then took notice of them. "Come on in! I'll make some tea." 
They walked into a massive garden and stared at the beautiful house in front of them. It was huge, there was a cherry blossom tree with petals everywhere. The wood was painted white and light brown. In front of the tree was a rock koi pond and a stone table with benches surrounding it.
She motioned for them to sit as she disappeared to go get some tea. 
They sat there admiring the beauty of her house until she came back a few minutes later.
"Now, what do you need help with Tao?" She took a sip of tea. 
"I'm not so sure. My father told me to go to you.." Tao scratched the back of his head. 
"Tell me what is going on, then I can help you." 
Tao automatically told her everything as she nodded and let her mind process what was going on.
"I know why your father sent you here. It's about the sensor on the painting." 
The rest of the members nodded as it all made sense. That was the one thing that they haven't solved yet. The sensor needs to be deactivated so that they can take the painting out of the building. 
She sighed and rubbed her cup. "Hmm.. No one knows what the sensor looks like unless they actually have the painting so no one knows how it works. Arturo may have had it, but there was no sensor on it before it reached the museum because it never belonged to the museum."
Chen felt as if she was talking to herself and cleared his throat loudly. 
She looked up and frowned. "I can't help you."
Great. They all thought at the same time.
 
Those four words with that one contraction was what they did not want to hear.