Imprisoned

Heist Society

The two men advanced towards Tao's father, weaving in and out of the bustling crowd. Tao knew they were going after his father, but stayed glued to his spot in the crowded small coffee shop, curious about what will happen. The women now left Tao's father, after exchanging number that he most likely wouldn't even try to save. Tao's father sat down, amused after swooning a couple more women successfully. The two men, seeing that the women left, sat down next to Tao's father. The all engaged in a conversation. Tao starting cracking his knuckles. The hell do they think they are doing? The men kept talking until Tao arrived with his father's drink. 

"Father, Here's your drink." He handed the steaming cup over to his father. His father took it happily.

"This is my son." He announced in fluent French. Tao shook has with the two men. Tao noticed that the men had bent fingers that wont go straight. Fingers that only bend that way from holding guns too much. Tao noticed that the two men were communicating with one another through exchanging looks. Tao's father didn't seem to notice anything peculiar about these two men and happily continued theie conversation in French.

After a short hour or so, Tao's father begins to get bored and signals Tao that it is time to move on by checking his watch. "Ah, time is such a thief when it comes to talking to good people."

"A thief indeed." One of the two men stretched out the three words. Tao was able to get a good look at both of the men now, when he was wondering why the man did that. The man who just talked had a handlebar mustache and a stout figure, a frechman. The other, also a french citizen was tall and lean. They were both as old as his father.

His father took no notice of the comment and started sitting up, straightening his suit with his palms. "Bonjour, gentlemen." he put on his hat and tipped it. "I shall see you around."

Tao and his father left the two men. Or so his father thought. After a minute or so of walking alone with his dad the men started trailing behind. Once his father reached a black, Audi convertible everything started taking place.

The two men ran up to his father, threw him on top of the hood of his Audi and handcuffed him. Passerbys stopped for a second then kept walking, as if it was a normal everyday thing. Tao walked slowly to his father, not shocked at all.

"Tao, Tao what is going on here!" his father demanded in Mandarin as he was hauled to the police car by the two men.

"Father, this is the only way you can be safe against Arturo Taccone. I will take care of Arturo. Just, don't do anything stupid." Tao said quietly to the sidewalk, not looking his father in the eye.

"TAO, YOU CALLED THEM?! TAO!" his father yelled at him, trying to break free from the two men. "TAO, DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR TACCONE. TAO!"

"I'll make sure the paintings and you are safe and sound."

Tao's father was hauled into the police car. "Thanks for turning him in, kid. You did the right thing." the tall man patted his shoulder.

Let's hope I did. And Tao walked away from his father, handcuffed and in the back of a police car.