Phase 1 (part 2)

Heist Society

Kris POV


I shuffled side by side the owner. He didn't even tell me his name. When I walked into the tiny little white walled office, he motioned me back outside the door and stepped out. I guess he meant for me to follow him since he just walked away as soon as I got back outside. I tried to keep as close as possible so that the others can hear what the owner was going to say, hence why I emphasized for all of them to pay attention. The guy was old, balding and grey haired. He was extremely short, maybe not that short since I am practically a giant. He was old and most likely didn't want to be a museum owner since his aura didn't give off that much of a good vibe.
"Security cameras are all over the premises and security guards protect at all times." He mumbled to himself or maybe to me, I couldn't even tell since I couldn't hear. 
I brushed that aside. Chen already knows that, they don't need to hear this, what they need to know us details.
"Achem." I cleared my throat. "I want details, sir. I don't want my invested money to go to waste, would I?" 
They turned into the room where the paintings were. "Of course you wouldn't." The guy mumbled and took a breath, preparing to talk until I interrupted.
"My hearing isn't that good, sir. It would be nice if you talked a little louder."
The old man turned around and gave me a strange look. He muttered something along the lines of kids these days or something like that. Maybe my hearing is bad.
"The paintings are sealed safely to the wall and can only be removed by this certain device we keep in the security room. It is sort of like they are glued to the wall, but not really. If you try to pry the paintings front he wall, it triggers a sort of alarm to go off. Once the alarm goes off everything shuts down and all of these openings-" He pointed to all of the doorways leading to the room. "Are sealed shut by steel doors. There is no way out."
I nodded. "The device used practically deactivates the alarm for a while allowing everything to be removed, but it is quite impossible since if they are removed you can't take them out. On the paintings are sensors which every artifact in the museum has. Every single exit in the museum has a sensor detector which activates another alarms when taken out." He started again. 
"Seems.. safe." I replied softly.
"It is. That's why no one has ever stolen things successfully from the Henley before."
I gulped.

--

Tao POV


I gulped as I rolled the janitor's cart through the empty hallway of the employees only section of the museum. I don't know if this will work.. I was to go around the section and find that device Chen wanted me to find. I didn't know anything about it, what it looked like what color it was. All I knew was that we needed it to get the paintings. Another thing on my to do list was to find the list of times that the security work since Chen couldn't find it when he hacked into the system. A man in the same outfit as Luhan and Lay was now walking towards me. I tried not to tense up as he brushed by me in the slim hallway. I held my breath and let it go once he brushed past me. I mustered up the courage to clear my throat. The guy turned around and gave me a puzzled look. 
"I'm new and was told to clean all of the rooms here, but I haven't cleaned the security room since I don't know where it is.." I explained while the guy nodded.
"You need to go all the way down this hall and turn right." 
I mumbled a thanks and rolled the cart towards the room. I reached the white door and opened it. Thankfully, no one was inside at the moment. I ran towards one of the two desks across the room from one another and started going through the papers sitting on top. The smell of coffee filled the room as I started to tense up again. Darn. Is someone coming? I scrambled back to my cart and pulled out a broom and started sweeping a random spot. I swept the spot for at least five minutes.. Well four minutes and fifty three seconds, but that's not the point. I swept the floor for a while until I realized that no one was coming. Feeling like a loser, I scanned the room to see where the smell was coming from. I couldn't find it so I started opening the cabinets on all the walls. Then I spotted it. A coffee maker. I laughed. Wow, Tao. There was this strange device next to the machine and I held it. It looked like one of those giant buttons that once you press it, a man's voice yells "that was easy." The button was circular and heavy. At the bottom, there were wires and computer chips peeking out. At the top, it was totally see through and had three different colored lights inside. Maybe this is what Chen wanted me to find.
"Chen. I think I found the device.." I flipped the device over and over again as if it was a coin.
"What does it look like?" Lay's voice crackled through the headset.
"A giant button." 
"Bring it back here. Did you find the list of schedules?" Xiumin then yawned.
"No." I placed the button In a large pocket inside his jumpsuit and continued looking. 
I flipped through all of the files in the drawers and yet no schedule. I heard a click of the door and one again resumed my 'sweeping' position. 
A man dressed up in a security uniform came in an smiled at me. I smiled back as the man started rummaging through the pile of papers that I just went through. 
"Where did I place that schedule?" 
I straightened up when I heard that word. "I swear I placed it around here.." 
I scooted over to the other side of the room and started looking for the schedule while sweeping. I have to find it before him.. My eyes darted back and forth until it landed on a yellow packet. 
Security guard schedule
Bingo. I turned his head to the side to see if the guard was looking and quickly threw the packet silently across the room into the janitor cart. I walked over to the cart and placed a towel on top of the packet to keep it hidden. 
"Why don't you ask for another one?" I recommended as I tried to hide the smile that was threatening to pop out.
"You know what? I think I'll just do that." the middle aged guard sighed and smiled at me again. "Thanks."
I nodded. No, thank you. And rolled my cart out into the hallway towards the van where everyone else was waiting.

--

Author POV


Tao and Kris exited the building at the same time. Both of them with different emotions. Kris was feeling nervous about what the owner said while Tao was giddy because he found everything. No wonder he was he youngest of all of them.
Kris entered the van first and then Tao a short while after. 
"You heard what the owner said right?" Kris loosened his tie and raise an eyebrow.
The others solemnly nodded as Tao sat there, confused.
"What did he say?" Tao questioned.
Everyone gulped. It seems as if everyone lost their voice at that very moment. 
"He said that.." Xiumin began slowly. ".. No one has ever stolen successfully from the Henley before."
Tao cocked his head to the side. "So..? With all of us together we can most likely steal from there."
Chen sighed loudly. "Tao, you don't get it. It does seem like it will be impossible."
Tao started to sweat. Chen was one of the best at this field. He had skills that even stuns homeland security. Hearing Chen say that it was impossible meant that it seriously was impossible. 
A new text message appeared on Tao's phone.

There isn't one person who says that time does not fly when you're having fun. I'm having fun thinking of what will happen if you fail. 
-A.T