Change of Plans

Heist Society

 

Tao toyed with the device. It was as big as his palm, and his palm wasn't that big. Plans were being changed right at that instant. They were all going to the La Santé Prison where the police kept Tao's father. Tao, Luhan, Xiumin and Lay were all back at their hotel, packing their things for the short trip by train to Paris. Luhan held up his brown backpack with a logo printed over and over again on it. 
"I'm done!" He smiled and slipped it on his shoulders.
Lay did the same with a matching backpack but white while Xiumin had a blue Jansport bag still wide open on his and Tao's bed. Tao gingerly opened his Gucci bag that Kris got for him and gently put everything in while smiling. 
"Grandma, hurry up!" Tao was too busy placing his stuff in to notice that everyone was already done. They all shuffled out of the room and took a cab towards the M Hotel. 
--
Chen and Kris were already in front of the hotel. They waved and also got in the cab. How did they fit seven people into one cab? Easy, they stuffed Xiumin and Chen in the trunk. Actually no, it was an eight person van. Kris got in next to Tao with a really bulky leather bag in tow. 
"What's in there?" Tao pointed to the bag.
"Skincare stuff." Kris smiled and took out his iPhone. "Want to play Temple Run?"
Tao nodded and they played that game until they reached the train station.
--
Paddington Station. It read in big, black letters as they got out of the cab and onto the ground where a giant building with incoming and outgoing trains were located. The building was modernly built and was practically a modern, steel arch with no doors, sort of like a subway. They all walked through side by side and observed. Chen already bought them tickets (no, they didn't hack or steal.) and was handing them out.
They stood in front of two giant trains and waited for theirs. 
People were racing back and forth while stopping at each number to look at a screen with yellow letters to see if the next train was theirs. Tao did the same and checked the screen. Paris, France. Good, we are at the right spot. The blue, metal train then left as a large silver one then slowly rolled in. There were bells ringing loudly as to warn the people there was a train coming. Men in safety jackets and bright batons and whistles waved their hands, directing the train forward. 
After a loud hiss, it stopped and Chen moved into the train first. The seats were plush velvet and segregated into little 'rooms'. It was sort of like the train in Harry Potter that takes them to and from Hogwarts. Tao laughed at himself for thinking that.
All six of them crowded in and sat. 
And the long two hour ride to Tao's Father commenced.
--
Xiumin and Chen passed time by playing games on Chen's iPad and eating. Lay listened to music and just slept on Luhan's shoulder while Luhan was also sleeping with his head on top of Lay's. Tao and Kris sat across from the two and was also playing games. Tao was getting sleepy and so was the rest. It was only an hour into the bumpy train ride and they fell deep asleep. 
--
"Now arriving at Gare De Lyon Station." A voice crackled through the speakers. Tao got up and stretched. He and Kris were in the same position as Luhan and Lay we're and he blushed. Kris' head now slid to Tao's shoulder as he smacked his lips together and moved his head so that he was closer to Tao. 
Chen was leaning on the steel wall and Xiumin was leaning on his body. It practically looked like they were cuddling. 
"Guys.." Tao spoke up. "We're here." 
They woke up one by one and set foot onto French ground.
--
They took another cab towards the prison. The ride there was silent as they all felt nervous towards what might happen next.
They arrived at the prison and went in the building.
The building was hideously old. The walls were brown with algae all over them. There was a giant blue door in the middle of a white arch. Next to it, there was a window with people in it to help you get inside. They walked towards it and stood in front of a window with a man with dark black hair.
Tao stated his father's name and the man nodded.
"Only immediate family can go visit him." The man was typing something into the computer that was in front of him. 
Tao nodded as he told the others. The man handed him a card attached to a lanyard and Tao walked towards the blue door. The others waved goodbye as the doors opened and Tao stepped inside the building. Here goes nothing.. He followed a uniformed guard towards the visitor room.
--
Tao sat on a very hard chair and fiddled with his fingers. They took his belongings away and was going to hold them until Tao was done. In between him and his father was bulletproof glass with holes in it. There was a long steel table that stretched from one side of the room to the other holding the glass the exact same length. 
"Father.." Tao began and didn't look into the other's eyes.
"Tao, there is a problem isn't there? A problem with your plan?" Tao's father's voice was raspy and hoarse as he spoke those words to him. 
Tao nodded, still not looking at his father. 
As if his father could read his mind, "Replacement. An exact copy." 
Tao now raised his head to look at his father. There were bags under his eyes and his hair was greying. Tao felt a pang of guilt rush over him. This was the only way to protect you, father.
"Replacement?" Tao questioned. "But where will we get a replacement?"
"Sehun." Tao's father nodded his head. "He should help you. Oh Sehun."
Tao then nodded his head as he slowly go what his father was saying.
"Then find Liang." Tao's father began again slowly. "She should help you." 
"Your friend?" Tao mildly remembered the woman playing with him when he was just five.
"Yeah. That's all I can say Tao. Be safe." Tao's father pressed a red button on the table and the guards came in and took him away. 
Tao exited the building with a heavy heart. Only one week to complete this and the plans already have been changed.. 
And we only have five days left.