Do You Remember?

We Used to be Enemies?

 

At the middle school, Amber and Krystal were having lunch on the roof of the school. Amber was telling the younger girl about her recent trip to China. Krystal listened intently while she ate her sandwich.
"So, Krys." Amber said, at the end of her story. "How was it after I left the states?"
"Boring." Krystal pouted. She looked at Amber, who was looking up at the sky. "When I heard we were moving back here I was so excited."
Amber couldn't contain her laughter. "You're so adorable, baby Jung." She wrapped her arm around the younger girl. Krystal blushed. "Are you busy tonight, baby Jung?"
"No. Wae?" Krystal looked over at the raven haired girl.
Amber shrugged. "Just wondering if you wanted to hang out with just me." Krystal looked up at Amber with a smile. "W-what?"
"How about you come over to my house for today." Krystal said. Amber's eyes widened. "Don't worry. My parents won't be home. Just my sisters and her friends."
"Sisters?" Amber asked, tilting her head. "Oh. Tiffany-unnie."
Krystal smiled. "Please?" She clapped her hands together. "I don't want to be the only 'little' kid there."
Amber chuckled. "Alright."
Later that evening, the Jung house was filled with the sound of laughter and giggles. Tiffany was in the living room with Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Yoonyul and Sunbyung. While Jessica, Kyrstal and Amber were in the kitchen making snacks for the group.
"Krys, go bring these bowls to them already." Jessica said, handing her sister a pair of bowls full of chips. "Don't forget the dip in the cabinet."
"Who eats chips with dip anymore?" Krystal said, walking out of the kitchen.
"So Amber," Jessica said as soon as she was sure that Krystal was gone. "you like my sister don't you?"
Amber nearly dropped the cans of soda that she was holding due to the older girl's question. "Wh-what?"
Jessica giggled. "Don't worry." She patted Amber on the head. "I trust you. Just don't break her heart." She winked then left the room, leaving Amber dumbfounded.
"Sica~" Sooyoung whined, wrapping her arms around the brunette. Jessica started to blush as she felt electric currents shoot through her body. "What took you so long?"
"Soo..." Jessica whispered to the older girl. "Stop..."
"Jessie, there's no point in hiding it." Tiffany said, helping Taeyeon grab a bowl of chips that was out of her reach. Jessica gave her a confused look. "We know you're together."
"A-actually, we-"
"Actually we aren't together." Sooyoung cut Jessica off, sensing the brunette's awkwardness. "We promised to wait till we finish our studies."
"What?" Sunny asked, shocked. She waved at Amber, who had finally entered the room. "Are you serious?"
"Sunny, studying is important to Sica." Hyomin said, squeezing the girl's hand. "You have to understand that."
Jessica nodded. She looked up and smiled at Sooyoung, who responded with a slight squeeze.
"Unnie," Krystal spoke as she took a soda from Amber. "Are you serious?"
"Whoa. Whoa." Jessica said, lifting her arms out of Sooyoung's embrace and holding them out in front of her. "What's with this all of a sudden?"
Everyone in the room tilted their heads. "What?" they asked in unison.
""Are you guys so in love that studies aren't important?" Jessica said, dumbfounded. "If you haven't forgotten I want to become a doctor."
"Yeah. And I respect that." Sooyoung said. "I don't mind waiting for a while."
"I think that's cute." Yoona said with a smile. "Right Yuri?" Yuri nodded with a smile.
Later that night, the only girls who were still at the house were Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber. They were watching a movie. Taeyeon sat on the floor  while Tiffany sat on her lap, she had her arms wrapped around the auburn haired girl's waist. Sooyoung and Jessica sat next each other on the couch wrapped in each other's arms and snuggled close together.
Jessica looked over at her sister and Amber and noticed that the two had fallen a sleep. Amber was leaning against the other couch while Krystal was leaning on Amber's shoulder. Jessica smiled and gently nudged Sooyoung.
"Yes?" Sooyoung whispered. She looked down at the brunette.
"I was thinking." Jessica said, leaning her head against the taller girl's shoulder. "Let's go out on a date tomorrow."
"Date?" Sooyoung asked, tilting her head. "Like a real date?"
Jessica nodded. She looked up and gave Sooyoung a smile. "To our friends, we're dating." She snuggled closer to Sooyoung. "So why not date to the world?"
"What about you studies." Sooyoung asked.
Jessica shrugged. "I'll manage."
Sooyoung smiled and placed a kiss on Jessica's forehead. "Whatever makes you happy."
"Hey lovebirds." Tiffany called their attention with a smile. "Should we bring those two to Krystal's room?"
"Yeah." Jessica said, standing up. "I'll go let Amber's mom know." She headed into the kitchen with the house phone.
Sooyoung got up and gently picked up Krystal, bridal style and followed Tiffany with Amber who was sleepily following the auburn haired girl. Sooyoung gently placed Krystal on the farther part of the bed while Amber laid down on the bed after Sooyoung had moved.
Tiffany and Sooyoung quietly left the room, quietly closing the door. Sooyoung let out a sigh, causing Tiffany to look at her with a worried look.
"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked as the two made their way down the stairs.
"Nothing." Sooyoung said, smiling wryly. "I'm just thinking."
"About?" Tiffany asked, tilting her head.
"If Sica remembers that day." Sooyoung said, scratching the back of her head. "It's the reason she doesn't remember the fact that we were friends before she left."
"What do you mean?" Tiffany asked.
Sooyoung let out a sigh. "You know that necklace she's always wearing."
"Yeah." Tiffany nodded, sitting on the couch. "She said a friend gave it to her after an accident she had here."
"That was Sooyoung's gift." Taeyeon said, sitting down next to Tiffany. "However, she was too afraid to give it to her when she woke up."
"I told her parents not to tell her that I gave it to her." Sooyoung said
"Okay. Well, Amber's mom said it was fine for her to stay over." Jessica said, coming out of the kitchen. "What were you guys talking about."
"Oh nothing." Sooyoung said, wrapping her arms around the brunette. "Just how I think Amber is lucky for being able to sleep with the person she likes tonight." Jessica blushed.
"Well, we better get going." Taeyeon said, getting up from the couch. "Good night, Fani-ah~"
Tiffany giggled. "Good night Taetae." Tiffany gave Taeyeon a quick peck on the lips and they headed to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow."
"Well, you heard the boss." Sooyoung said, smirking. "We better go."
"Okay." Jessica frowned. "Good night."
Sooyoung gave Jessica a quick peck on the cheeks then pulled her into a hug. "Saranghae."
Jessica giggled. "I love you too." She said in English causing Sooyoung to shiver.
When the two girls left, Jessica and Tiffany went up to their room. As they lay down in their beds, Tiffany couldn't help but wonder who the person Jessica thinks gave her the necklace.
"Hey Jess," Tiffany asked, turning towards the direction of the brunette's bed. "I have a question about that necklace."
"Okay." Jessica said, placing her hand on the diamond necklace around her neck. "What is it?"
"Who do you think gave you that necklace." Tiffany asked.
Jessica thought for a moment. "Well, the only friends I had back then were Taeyeon, Sunny, Yuri and another person whom I can't really remember." Jessica sighed. "And when I ask my parents about it they say they don't remember anyone."
Tiffany nodded. "Do Taeyeon guys know who it is?"
Jessica sighed. "They say the same thing." She gently rubbed her thumb against heart shaped pendant. "I have an idea though."
"Jinjja?" Tiffany asked, tilting her head. "nugu?"
"I'll let you know if she tell me or not." Jessica said, lying back with a smile and kissing the pendant. "I believe she's the one who protected me too."
"Protected you?" Tiffany asked, furrowing her eyebrows.
"Yeah." Jessica said. "If it wasn't for her, I probably would've died that day."
"You never did tell me about the accident."
"Let's save that for another day." Jessica said, yawning. "Maybe when we're older."
"Arasso." Tiffany said, lying back.
I wonder if Sooyoung will tell me about it. Tiffany thought as she slipped into dreamland.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my awesome readers!
Well, this update is a bit lame.
Also, I was feeling lazy to re-type the whole thing out so I just copy and pasted it from my word document.
Which means, it's not as good as it could've been if I just had re-typed it.
So please forgive me if I have any typing errors of some sort. That's why I like to type things out again so I catch those and fix it on the original.
Mianheyo for being lazy today.
Also, if you guys are wondering, yes the necklace Sica has looks like the one in the main picture.
Your lazy author
Kirakai