Maybe I Should Confess to You

We Used to be Enemies?

It was Krystal's second day at her new school and she was excited to see her best friend Amber. She went to school with her mom since her older sister and Tiffany didn't like going to school early and Krystal's mom works in the middle school.

"Good morning baby Jung." Amber said, wrapping her arm around the younger girl's shoulder. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept really well." Krystal smiled. "I still didn't get to tell my sister yet. Sorry."

"Hey, don't worry." Amber ruffled Krystal's hair. "It's not like you sister hates me or anything, right?"

"That's true." Krystal said smiling up at the older girl. "You're her favorite of our friends too."

"Really?" Amber tilted her head. "I thought she would've liked Sulli better."

Krystal pursed her lips. "Nah, Jessica-unnie doesn't really like it when I hang out with older kids."

"Well, do you think she'll let you come out with us after school?" Amber asked, taking her hat off as they entered the school building. "We're going to that cafe that is down the street from her school."

Krystal shrugged. "Well, it's not like she can do much to prevent me from going." Krystal sighed. "She's just overprotective since our dad is hardly home."

"That's true." Amber nodded. "But it'll give you a reason to tell her that we go to the same school."

Krystal smiled. "That's true. You're so smart, Amber."

Amber blushed at the compliment. "Th-thanks." She's just so adorable. Krystal Jung, you make me fall more in love with you with every passing day.

During the lunch break, Krystal was in the courtyard calling her sister. She was a little worried about her sister answering the phone but she had to ask. She bit her lip as she waited for her sister to answer her phone.

"Hello?" Jessica answered, her voice filled with concern. "Is everything okay, Krys?" Krystal could hear an echo as her sister spoke, she figured that Jessica still had classes and went to the bathroom just to answer her call.

"Um...Sorry Unnie, I didn't mean to bother you in class." Krystal said, bowing as if her sister could see her. "but Amber was wondering if we could hang out after school."

"Amber? She goes to your school?" Jessica asked. Her voice was a little more calm now that she knew that her sister wasn't calling because of an emergency. "What are you guys going to do?"

"Well, she wants to know if we can go to the cafe down the street from your school." Krystal said, crossing her fingers. Please...please don't ask who's going. I know you're not going to let me go if you know.

"Okay. Who's going?" Jessica asked. Krystal kicked dust up with her foot.

Why'd you have to ask? Now you're not going to let me go. Krystal sighed. "Me, Amber...Victoria, Sulli, and Luna." Krystal said the last three names as fast as she could hoping her sister wouldn't catch it.

"Okay." Jessica said after a moment of silence. "Well, that makes sense on why you're going there."

"You're not mad?" Krystal tilted her head, shocked that her sister had agreed to letting her go.

"Mad? Why would I be mad?" Jessica asked, confused. "You're getting older. I can't stop you from hanging out with your friends."

Krystal smiled at her sister's understanding. "Thanks unnie." Krystal tried to contain her excitement. "You're the best!"

"Just don't come home too late." Jessica said, sternly. "and be careful Soojung."

"Yes, unnie." Krystal smiled, giving a thumbs up to Amber who was standing in the distance. "Okay.Well, go back to class now. Bye!" Krystal hung up and went over to Amber.

"She said you can go?" Amber asked, fixing her hair. Krystal nodded, causing Amber to smiled. "Did you tell her who's going?"

"Yes and she's fine with it." Krystal said, a wide smile was painted on her face.

After school, Krystal and Amber went over to the cafe and waited for their friends to arrive. They decided to go ahead and make their orders and sat in the back of the cafe where there were a lot of empty seats.

"Krystal!" an excited voice called from the door.

Krystal and Amber turned to see it was their friend Sulli followed by Victoria and Luna. Sulli quickly ran over to the younger girl and wrapped her arms around her, squeezing her tightly. Krystal's face reddened as the sudden skinship.

"S-sulli, I c-can't breathe." Krystal forced herself to say. Sulli immediately released her and bowed, apologetically. "It's good to see you again. Looks like you got a lot taller."

"Really?" Sulli asked, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment. "It's been so long since we've seen you."

"I was starting to think you'd never come back." Victoria pouted. "We missed our little baby Jung." She ruffled Krystal's hair, causing the latter to whine.

"Did you guys nickname me while I was gone or something?" Krystal asked, earning confused looks from her friends. "You've been calling me 'baby Jung' a lot recently."

The three older girls looked at Amber, hoping that she would come up with an explanation since she started calling the youngest member by that name. Then Krystal shrugged it off causing the four girls to sigh in relief.

Baby Jung, I'm wondering if I should confess to you now or not. Amber thought to herself.

"So, how was America?" Luna asked, sitting down next to the dark brown haired girl.

"It was okay." Krystal said, fixing her hair. "Not the same as here, where I can hang out with you guys though."

"Aw~ How sweet!" The four girls pulled the youngest into a group hug, causing a few patrons in the cafe to turn and look at the source of the commotion.

"Yah! Guys~" Krystal whined. "You're so embarrassing!"

"But you love us anyway." Sulli said, still hugging the latter while the others released their embrace. Krystal blushed and gently pushed the older girl off.

"Amber, can I talk to you?" Luna asked in a serious tone, causing the latter to pout. "Don't worry, you aren't in trouble."

Amber nodded and followed the older girl outside the cafe. Victoria quietly followed them, leaving Sulli and Krystal inside to talk.

"What is it Luna?" Amber asked, adjusting her hat.

"Are you going to tell her?" Victoria beat Luna to the punch.

"Huh?" Amber tilted her head. "Tell who what?"

"You know who and you know what." Luna said, crossing her arms. "Come on Amber, what's holding you back?"

"I don't want to ruin our friendship." Amber said, looking down at the sidewalk. "She's my best friend after all." Her cheeks were a slight shade of pink.

In the cafe, Sulli was talking to Krystal about her life. Every so often, Krystal would discreetly look over at Amber who was outside, her back facing them.

"Do you like her." Sulli asked, noticing Krystal's actions.

"Huh? W-what?" Krystal asked, shocked by her friend's sudden question.

"It's okay if you do." Sulli smiled. "We won't judge you."

Krystal blushed. She lowered her head. "I kind of do, but I'm not completely sure yet."

Sulli smiled again. "Your shyness is just so adorable!" She pinched the younger girl's cheeks. "I'm going to root for you in whatever you choose."

"Thanks Sulli." Krystal looked up and smiled at the older girl in front of her. "I wonder, maybe I should confess to her." But what if she rejects me or she doesn't want to be my friend anymore?

"Nothing is wrong with taking a chance." Sulli said, smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers,

I'm so glad to see that you guys enjoy the story.

So, I'm thinking of making individual character relationship developments.

Who do you guys want to see most? Yoonyul? Sunbyung? Taeny? Soosica?

don't worry Kryber fans. There will be more Kryber relationship development later on in the story, since their still young and relationships are still new to them.

Lately, I have been starting my days with a morning jog before I start writing or doing any thing else. So I have been having an excess amount of oxygen flowing through my head, but that's good right? More writing ideas? something like that?

Well, see you lovely people at the next update!

Your physically exhausted  author