No More Fear

We Used to be Enemies?

 

Jessica woke up at about 2 in the morning. She gently released herself from the sleeping Sooyoung's embrace and made her way down the stairs.
 
She took a peek into Krystal's room and saw her dongsaeng sleeping soundly wrapped in her girlfriend's embrace. Jessica quietly closed the door with a smile. She made her way to the kitchen.
 
"What am I going to do?" Jessica asked herself. She sat at the counter and looked down. She saw her necklace shining in the dim lighting. She smiled as
she took the pendant into her hand. "Sooyoung..." She kissed the pendant then released her hold on it.
 
Suddenly a soft knock on the door caused the brunette to jump. She quickly got up and made her way to the door, to her surprise she found Hyuna standing at the entrance in a white tank top and short shorts and was shivering from the winter cold.
 
"Hyuna, what are you doing here? and why are you wearing that outside?" Jessica asked, pulling the younger girl inside the house and closing the door.
 
"Don't you know what time it it?
 
"M-mianhe." Hyuna bowed. "I-I just didn't know who to come to." Jessica noticed that Hyuna's eyes were puffy and red as if she had been crying for a while.
 
"What's wrong?" Jessica asked, concerned.
 
"J-Jiyoon and I had a f-fight." Hyuna said, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. "S-so, I r-ran away and I guess my mind thought of c-coming here."
 
Jessica let out a frustrated sigh. "What am I going to do?" She looked at the distraught girl. "Do you want something to drink?"
 
Hyuna nodded frivolously. "s-something hot please." Jessica made her way to the kitchen. "I'm sorry to ask but do you think I could stay the night?"
 
Jessica bit her lip then let out a sigh. "If it's okay for you to sleep on the couch then it's fine."
 
"Yes. That's fine." Hyuna smiled. "Thank you so much."
 
Jessica passed Hyuna a cup of hot chocolate then left the room to answer her cell phone. "yeobseyo?"
 
"Jessica," A familiar voice spoke, causing Jessica to turn to the auburn haired girl sitting on her couch. "Is Hyuna at your house by any chance?"
 
"Yes." Jessica began to speak quietly so the younger girl wouldn't overhear anything. "Jiyoon, could you maybe come pick her up?"
 
"It's going to take me a while but I'll come when she falls asleep." Jiyoon said, solemnly. "You don't mind right?"
 
"It's fine." Jessica said, frowning. "Jiyoon."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Did she ever visit me when I was in the hospital?" Jessica asked, she looked up towards the stairs hoping that no one had woken up.
 
There was a silence on the other end. Jessica was about to speak when Jiyoon started to speak. "Once. But the person who saved yo-"
 
"Sooyoung." Jessica interrupted.
 
"Oh. You know already." Jiyoon said. "Well, Sooyoung was always there and Hyuna would be afraid to enter the room with her there."
 
"Sooyoung was always there?" Jessica asked. "But wasn't she injured too?"
 
Jiyoon stifled a laugh. "You should know her by now. Once she sets her mind to something, she becomes very persistent." She let out a sigh. "You should probably ask her about that if you want explanations."
 
Jessica held onto the pendant on her necklace. "I think I will." She smiled. "Well, I'll see you in a while then."
 
After ending the call, Jessica went up the stairs and grabbed a blanket from inside her closet. She was about to leave the room when she heard someone moving she turned to see a familiar girl sitting up, sleepily.
 
"Sica?" Sooyoung asked, rubbing her eyes. "What are you doing up so early?"
 
Jessica sighed, she walked over to her bed and sat next to the taller girl. "Come with me." She took Sooyoung's hand and led her down the stairs. "Can you stay with us?"
 
Sooyoung's eyes widened as she saw a familiar auburn haired girl sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here?" Her voice was cold.
 
Hyuna bit her lip before beginning to speak. "Jiyoon and I got into a fight and I just ended up here."
 
"Soo, be nice." Jessica said, handing Hyuna the blanket. "We'll be right back Hyuna." She pulled Sooyoung into the kitchen.
 
"Why would she come here?" Sooyoung asked, slightly irritated. "Why doesn't she go to the park like normal people do?"
 
"Soo, can you let me talk?" Jessica asked, cupping the younger girl's face in her hands. "She isn't staying the night. Jiyoon is coming to pick her up."
 
"Jinjja?" Sooyoung asked. Jessica nodded her head. "Then why do I need to be down here?"
 
"She needs to be asleep. So, I want some company." Jessica whispered. "Hyuna doesn't know that Jiyoon is coming."
 
20 minutes went by, Hyuna had fallen asleep on Jessica's lap while holding Sooyoung's hand that was placed around Jessica's shoulder. Jessica had also fallen asleep holding onto Sooyoung's other hand. Sooyoung sighed as she rested her head on the sleeping brunette's shoulder.
 
A knock on the door caused Sooyoung to sit up. She looked at the sleeping girls, she carefully slipped her hand from the brunette's grip then removed her hand from Hyuna's and placed her hand on the couch gently.
 
She opened the door to see Jiyoon, who was out of breath. Sooyoung tilted her head.
 
"Did you run all the way here?" Sooyoung asked, with a playful grin.
 
"Just from the bus stop." Jiyoon said, catching her breath. "Is she asleep?"
 
Sooyoung nodded. "The two of them are." She lead Jiyoon into the living room. "Jessica seems more of a motherly figure to her then an ex."
 
Jiyoon smiled. "Yeah." She looked at Sooyoung. "You know, she sees you guys as her parents more then as her friends now."
 
"Jinjja?" Sooyoung asked, looking at Jiyoon. "Well, she did fall asleep holding onto my hand."
 
"She can be such a little kid." Jiyoon said, crouching down next to the sleeping girl. "but what do you expect when she's only had a bunch of chodings raising her."
 
"It was nice of you guys to do that though." Sooyoung said, helping Jiyoon get Hyuna on her back. "She may not know her parents but she has the five of you."
 
Jiyoon smiled. "Yeah. Plus she has you and Jessica." She stood up and got a better hold of the sleeping girl. "Well, thanks for this."
 
Sooyoung nodded. "Anytime." She held the door open for Jiyoon as the two made their way outside. "You can just return the blanket later."
 
"Okay." Jiyoon smiled. "Oh. and Soo, you should probably take sometime to explain to Sica about what she missed when she was in that coma."
 
Sooyoung looked at Jiyoon with a dumbfounded expression. "Eh?"
 
"You can't hide it forever." Jiyoon said, sternly. "She should know all the things you did for her even though you were injured as well."
 
Sooyoung frowned for a moment then smiled. "You're right." She turned towards the sleeping Jessica and sighed. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow, Princess."
 
Sooyoung carefully picked up Jessica in a bridal style and started carrying her up the stairs to her room. Sooyoung laid her down on the bed then laid next to her and put an arm over the sleeping girl as she started to fall back asleep herself. I can't keep being afraid to tell you how much I love you.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello readers and friends~
So, here's the update for today~ Tell me what you think.
So, I've been thinking about the prequel and I will try not to make the ending all that heartbreaking (hopefully)
I was thinking that I will make the prequel in Sooyoung's point of view. you'll learn why probably later in this story and a little in the beginning of the prequel when I decide to put it up
anyway, this chapter is kind of a turning point for Sooyoung.
Since we know that she has been hiding the things she did for sica while she was in the hospital.
So, the next update will be of sooyoung's confessions. Maybe I'll make it a flashback chapter!
Well, see you all at the next update.
Your always thinking author,
Kirakai