First day

I'm Not A Boy

Chunji brought you to school, since you were going to be late. He brought on his purple motorcycle. All of your brothers rode motorcycles and the oldest had their cars as well. Our father bought them motorcycles for their 17th b-day. Since you were 16, you would have to wait. You owned a bicycle and a skate board. That was always your means of transport, if your brothers were too busy to take you to school.

“Have a good day and make plenty friends. Why did you wear that on your first day?” At this you look down at your clothes.

“What’s wrong with it?” you questioned.

“Everyone is going to think you’re a boy! That haircut you got over the holiday is going fool everyone.”

“No they won’t, I think I look cute.”

“Cute is for boys, pretty is for girls or beautiful.”

You jumped off his motorcycle and looked down at your clothes. There was nothing wrong with it. They might look a little boyish but didn’t look like a boy, you thought. You walked into school late the first day. You headed straight for the office. There is never a reason for you to run so you walked slowly to your destination.

As you walked slowly, you observe the school closely.

Bam!! Someone ran directly into you. You fell on your . You looked up at girl on the verge of tears. You got up and glared at her, because she didn’t say sorry. She looked at your intense glare and quickly apologizes.

“Sorry oppa, I’m really sorry” the tears began flowing. Your expression immediately softens.

“It ok, just look where going next time.” With that she ran off again.

“Wait did she just call me oppa?”

You continued walking towards the office, then you hear girls voices coming towards you.

“That will teach her to mess with us”

“I hate clinging girls. She needs to know her place.” They all laughed. You looked up at the 3 girls walking. Obvious queenkas you thought to yourself. You ignore them and continue.

“He looks like a new student.”

“He’s kind of cute, don’t you think?” you heard them say.

When finally reached the office you spoke to the vice-principal and got your class schedule. Your school transfer papers had not been received by the school as yet. So your personal data information is not there.

“Ok young man, I will assign a partner to guide you around the school” the vice-principal said.

“Excuse me sir, but I’m not….”

“Don’t be so shy, Neil will a good partner and I will hear nothing else about it.” That was his final words.

A tall slim and not to mention cute boy walked into the room. His smile totally placed you off guard. Please don’t be Neil you pleaded in your mind. He is too cute; I can’t walk around with him. You have a habit of being a little clumsy around guys especially cute ones it seem.

“Hello I’m Ahn Daniel but Neil for short, please take care of me” he said with a beaming smile.

“Ah… I’m…I’m…Kim~~~~~, it’s nice to meet you” you fumbled.

He looked at you up and down intensely. “You can call me hyung, ok?”

“No actually I’m not a….”

“We are late for class, so let’s talk at lunch. I like that shirt, I have at one at home as well, but it suits you well.”

You looked down at the shirt you were wearing. You had bought this shirt to wear for the first day of school. At least he liked it you thought as you walked behind him silently.

You arrived in class and introduced yourself, you were assigned seat next to Neil, since he was your tour guide.

At lunch time you pulled out your “Hello Kitty” lunch box at your table. Neil and some of his friends stared at you like you were crazy. You glared at them nastily and started eating, ignoring the eyes on you.

You quickly finish eating lunch and decided to tour the school at little by yourself since Neil was still eating. As you walked through the beautiful garden, you hear the most beautiful voice.

“You get some right, you get some wrong….”

You stood in awe listening, when they were finished, you clapped. The person turned around to see his audience. He stared at you for some time, not immediately recognizing you because of your haircut.

“~~~~~~ is that you?” he questioned.

“Of course, it’s me, Kevin” he ran into your childhood best friend’s arms.

“~~~~~ how are you honey? I have missed you so much. Love the haircut, not so much the outfit.”

“Whatever it comfortable and Neil liked my top”

“Please, who’s Neil? Your new boyfriend. It’s the first day and you’re already cheating on me. Oppa is not happy” you smiled at him. You had missed him so much. Since you had gone to an all-girl school, you barely saw Kevin. He and Sung Jong were your best friends in the whole-wide world. They knew every secret about you, you likes, dislike, peeves and even your ideal type. It has always been the same since you were a child.

“Where’s Jonggie? You know he’s my sweetie pie”

“So what am I then? I thought I was your sweetie pie”

“No you’re my honey bun” you laughed

“You’re never ending love for food”

“Sung Jung was sick, he’s coming tomorrow though”

“~~~~~~” you heard Neil calling your name.

“Young man how can just walk around the school all by yourself. Oh who do we have here? Friend of yours?”

“Neil, this is my childhood bestie Kevin Woo.”

“Hi, I’m Kevin. I’m a year older than ~~~~~, so you can call me hyung.

“Ok Kevin hyung, I’m Neil ~~~~~’s tour guide. Nice to meet you.” He smiled at you and then Kevin.

“Come on ~~~~~~ we need to get going are we are going to be late again for class. It’s at other side of the school.”

“So this is your Neil” Kevin whispered jokingly in your ears.

“Awww… you two would look good together.”

“Oh shut up Kevin oppa!!” you said loudly. Neil looked around at you puzzled.

“Did you just called Kevin hyung….ah…ah oppa?”

“Of course she what else should she call me. I… am… her… oppa” Kevin spelt out.

“She?”

“Yes ~~~~ is a girl. You didn’t know that?”

“You’re joking right… hyung?” he looked at you. “Noona?”

You smiled “I tried to tell you.”

“Your “Hello Kitty” lunch box. You’re blushing when the guys in class come too close to you. OMG ~~~~~ I’m sorry for thinking you boy. Please forgive me. It’s just that you kind of look like one.”

“It’s ok. I get that a lot today. ‘Oppa your so cute, oppa this oppas that’. No one wants to listen to me, I’m a darn girl and everyone keeps calling me hyung and oppa!!!” You said.

“Sorry noona” he said smilingly. “Forgive me?”

“Nae honey comb”

“Honey comb?? What’s that?”

“That’s your food name. ~~~~ loves food so much that she names people after foods.” Kevin laughed.

“Only people I like, so remember that”.

School went by quickly for that day. Everyone in the school with exception your (Kevin and Neil) honey comb and honey bun knew you were a girl.