New Beginnings

I'm Not A Boy

You came back from the school trip feeling a lot closer to Jinyoung after sharing your true feelings towards CNU. Jinyoung did his best to help you avoid him for the remainder of the trip. Even though Jinyoung tried to encourage to sort things out with CNU, he did not force you. He was really patient and supportive.

As you sat in the bus on the trip home; with your head on Neil’s shoulder, you remember the awkward phone call from Kibum the night before.

“Ahh... ahh hello ~~~~~, its Kibum oppa”

*awkward pause*

“Hmmm how are you? You wanted to talk to me about something?”

*awkward pause*

“Do it naturally, she knows your faking it” a whisper broke the pause”.

“HYUNG JUN OPPA, HEECHUL OPPA, INSOO OPPA, SUNG KYU OPPA CHUNJI OPPA, ELI OPPA AND KIBUM OPPA!!!!! WHAT DO YOU TAKE FOR??? ARE WE ON SPEAKER RIGHT NOW!!! I’M TELLING DAD YOUR INVADING MY PRIVACY AGAIN!!!” you screamed and hung up the phone.

“My brothers are going to be the death of me” you said out loud; not speaking to anyone in particular.

You know your brothers only want the best for you, but I am still a teenage girl who needs a bit of privacy in her life you thought.  The bus drive home was fairly quiet. You slept most of the journey. Jinyoung and his friends sat at the back. He stole silent glances of you.

When everyone started to exit the bus CNU slipped a piece of paper in your hand. You looked up at him with questioning eyes and held on to the paper. After most persons were picked up by their parents you read the note: “I am really sorry, meet me at 5pm at our old hang out spot.” The message was simple but it pulled on parts of your heart that has been hidden for years.  When your brother came to pick you up you were still contemplating whether or not to meet CNU.

“How was your trip?” Chunji asked with a worried expression on his face.

“It was really fun” you smiled brightly to ease his worries.

“Chunji how has the other oppas been? Have they been eating well or have they been unnecessarily worrying over me again?” you asked sitting in the family van with Chunji around the steering wheel.

“Of course we are all worried..... especially me knowing the type of situation you might be in.”

“Don’t worry Jinyoung and the others took good care of me” you replied.

“I would only feel better if Kevin was there with you. I don’t know this Jinyoung guy so well or any of your new friends.”

“You know Sung Jung” you accused.

“Yeah but he’s an idiot” Chunji laughed.

“I’m telling” you shouted.

“I’m kidding.... he’s a strong and loyal protector of our Bee” he choked out with laughter.

“You’re such a meanie” you laughed. The smile on Chunji’s face his one you never, ever want to see go anywhere like the last time. You silently promised yourself you will never cause any hurt or pain to your sweet and innocent (well not so innocent) brother. You needed to settle your problems with CNU once and for all.

You left a note on the kitchen table at 4:45pm and snuck out of the house to meet CNU.

You walked about for 10 mins. until you reached a familiar place you hadn’t visited since your years in middle school. CNU and you always bought snacks and sat under a large shady tree just talking about senseless nothings. As you approached sweet and cherished memories came running back. Venting about brother, talking about the death of both our mothers, talking about crushes, our favourite kpop groups, we would talk about everything. We were each other support system in the short we met. Now we were meeting for a different occasion but the familiar feelings of wanting to spazz or fangirl with CNU were still there.

You sat under the tree waiting for CNU to arrive which was less than a minute since he was walking right behind you for the last 6 minutes.

“What do you.....” you were cut off by him immediately.

“I don’t want to argue. I just want you to listen. I never told you sorry face to face about the incident. I want to do that now. ~~~~~~ I was an and I just wanted to be popular and in the process I lost my best and only friend who was there for me throughout everything. I was stupid.”

“I know” you mumbled under your breathe.

“~~~~~ I know sorry isn’t enough but I want to tell you why I did it. Remember that girl I was crushing JiYoung, she asked me out under one condition I had to stop being friends with you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” you questioned.

“Remember sweet cake you should be listening.” he used his special pet name for you.

“Sorry Shin Bear” you used his special pet name.

“I told her ‘no’, but then she kissed me. She stole my first kiss. I was upset but I was so happy at the same time that my crush kissed me. She said I will have more friends and that I wouldn’t need you. She said since I was so adamant about your friendship she asked me tell her about you. I did. She turned and twisted the story in all forms.”

“Her friends told me the gossip about you and asked if it was true, which I didn’t deny because I wanted to be popular and I didn’t want to lose my new girlfriend. Losing one friend wasn’t a big deal, since I had a lot more now. I saw how the rumors were becoming unbearable for you, so left clues for your brother Chunji to find out. I knew he could protect you better than I could. I didn’t know he would kick my so badly.”

Before CNU finished his flashback you got up from your place and hugged. “It’s ok”

“I am so sorry for hurting you sweet cake” he started to cry on your shoulder. No words were exchanged but you understood every message that was sent.

CNU suddenly pulled back “Let’s start over. I am Dong Shin Woo but my friends call me CNU but my best friend use to call Shin Bear and I hope she will still call me that. I like to play basketball and I can be really clumsy. It’s nice to meet you.”

You smiled ”hello I am ~~~~~ but sometimes called bumblebee by my oppas. My best friend use to call me sweet cake because that was favourite type of cake. I hate wearing makeup and my favourite activity is eating. Also I get really shy around really good looking guys and it’s nice to meet you as well.”  

It was the end of all feud and misunderstanding between you and CNU. You fell back to your routine with him. You told him how your brothers were still a pain in the rear, you told the whole mix up at school about being a boy. He told about his school and how he was the basketball star. He told you about his girlfriend Krystal.

“What’s up between Jinyoung and you? Do you like him or something?”

“What?? Why would you say that?”

“I see it in your eyes and your smile. I know he already likes you, but how do you feel about him?”

“I really care about as friend” you simply stated. CNU gave you his judging eyes.

“Ok I like him more than friend FINE!”

“Why are you tell me? Let him know before it too late. He’s really a good guy and when he loves he gives his all. When hates there hardly any forgiveness in his heart, so be careful. His heart has been through so much, there is so much sadness in there, please bring him some happiness.” that was last though CNU left with you.

It was getting dark when CNU walked you to your door. At the doorstep he turned to you and kissed your forehead.

“Sweet cake, I’ll call you tomorrow, goodnight. Oh and tell Heechul and Eli hyung to be a little bit more discrete when peeking through the window”

You looked up and smiled at your ridiculous brothers and walked into the house. It was a new beginning with CNU and Jinyoung...... you could practically feel it. You let out a small sigh and smiled thinking about the days ahead.

“You slept with Jinyoung!!!” six pairs of angry eyes turned to you and one pair filled with amusement. How are you going to get out of this one now? I shall be forever grounded until I am 40 you thought.

“I can explain....” you started.

“What!! Then it’s true??” the pair of amused eyes turned angry immediately.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

this chapter is dedicated to the cutie bear from B1A4 CNU!!!

I am so struggling with this story. My mind is only on EXO right now. B1A4 needs a comeback..... missing my babies so badly. I am losing strength. Continue reading. Soon to end the story. Thanks to all who have read, comment and subscribed *bows head*