A Day with Jung Jinyoung

I'm Not A Boy

Jinyoung led you behind the garden to a high gate. “We have to climb over”

You looked at the gate. You had a fear for heights, but you wanted to go anywhere Jinyoung was going. He started to climb the gate; he looked back at you firmly rooted on the floor. He held out his hand to me “just trust me ~~~~” he winked at me.

You placed your hand in his, it was a perfect fit. You felt electricity blazed through the contact of his touch. He looked up at me at the same time our eyes met and we smiled. I didn’t care how weird it might have felt.

We climbed the gate and headed for the park. You felt happy; this was your first date with a guy; even though he thought I was boy. Jinyoung also felt happy to be on a date with you.

“Sorry for dragging you out of school, this I’m sorry gift” he presented you chocolate flavoured ice-cream.

“How did you know this was my favourite? My op.. Hyungs always buys me ice-cream.”

“Your hyungs? How many hyungs do you have?” he asked.

“Seven”

“What 7? So many! Tell me about them”

“Well Heechul hyung is the oldest and he’s very childish. Hyung Junnie is the second oldest he loves to buy me ice-cream; I talk to him when I’m sad. Sung Kyu hyung is the 3rd, oldest sings to me when I’m sad; he has the most wonderful voice. Insoo oppa is the 4th oldest; I love him so much; I just want him to open up to us some more. Eli is the 5th oldest he likes to take me out and is always concern about me. Then Kibum my 6th oldest brother; we hardly get along he is always playing pranks on me. Finally, Chunji he is one that understands me the most.”

“Wow that’s a big family! What about your parents?”

“It’s complicated, my mother died in child’s birth when she was having me. My father cheated on his wife and had me and 2 of my brother. Some of my oppas come from a different mother. My father works aboard he only visits on special occasions. It’s been 3 years since I have last seen him.”

“Ok enough about my family, tell a little about you?”

“It’s just plain; I live with both parents, I have no siblings. My father owns numerous businesses in Korea and my mother is a stay at home mother.”

You talked for hours with him; sometimes he noticed you say ‘oppa’ instead of ‘hyung’; proving more that you were a girl.  He watched everything you did and listened to everything you said. He became more fascinated with you as you spoke.

You both were blushing and smiling with each other.

“You have a little something on your face.”

“Where? Here?” you asked. You wiped your face not sure where.

He reached his hands out to touch your face. He used his thumb to rub against your cheek, you could feel the hot blush that was plastered on your face. His finger lingered on your cheek for a while. Your heart beat quicken

I’m a guy, what if that’s Jinyoung likes; maybe he’s gay. That must be it why is he looking at me so lovingly. He just broke up with Yuri, maybe he’s lonely.

“Oh my beautiful target, you zoom, zoom my heart like rocket” your phone started to ring.

“~~~~ where are you? Your brothers are at school looking for you. They are questioning Kevin, so he asked me to call you. ~~~~ they are really upset.”

“Thanks Neil”

“Jinyoung I have to go my brothers are at school wreaking havoc”

“Chunji, where are you?”  you called your big brother.

“We are all at your school and it seems there isn’t a girl here registered under your name instead there’s a boy. You have a lot of explaining to do.”

“Do me a favour call them off from my school, tell them I’m on my way home.”

“Sure, please make up something, because you’re in a lot of trouble and I don’t think tears will help you.”

“Thanks see you at home. Love you oppa”

“Let me take you home and explain everything to your hyungs.” Jinyoung offered.

“That’s fine I will manage”

“Well at least let me walk you home and that’s final.”

When you reached the driveway at home 7 motorcycles were parked in front of the house. They are all home and it’s still evening I’m in a whole heap of trouble.

“I’ll see you at school tomorrow if I survive.”

You opened the door to the house where all your brothers were waiting. They all were sitting in the sitting room.

“Good evening oppas” you said timidly.

“Good evening ~~~~, we had an interesting day. Eli stopped by your school today and he couldn’t find any record of your enrollment as a girl. So he called Sung Kyu, when came they both realize that we weren’t even at school. We spoke to Kevin who told us you did come to school but wasn’t sure where you were.” Jun Hyung oppa was really upset.

“Where are you coming from?” Insoo looked at you disappointedly.

“Who were you with? You must have been influenced to ditch school” asked Heechul oppa.

“Why would you leave school? Did something happen? Didn’t I say you were to call anyone of your oppas if something happen? Sung Kyu oppa asked.

“You had all your oppas worried….even me never do that again” Kibum voice came from the back.

“What is going on with you?”

“If guys would give me a chance to answer I could tell you everything. As I told you I’m a boy at school to some people.”

“Why is my beautiful bumblebee hiding herself under a male mask?”

“Cause I’m afraid of being mock and laughed at by people. I don’t have the confidence of being beautiful and all my friends accepted me as a tomboy. I’m just not a beautiful type of girl”.

“ I went out with one of my friends, he broke up with his girlfriend and he needed some company.”

“So you’re telling us you spent the day with a guy?” Eli asked.

“Do you like him?” you could never hide anything from Kibum.

“What kind of question his that hyung?” ask Chunji oppa

“Look at your sister’s face. Answer the question~~~~~.”

“Yes I do” you bowed your head low.

“What!!” they all gasped.

“I have feelings for him; I don’t know what they are yet. I enjoy spending time with him.”

“You were with him all evening?” Insoo asked.

“Nae oppas”

All your oppas were shocked by the boldness of your answer. “Did he try anything with you?”

“Remember he thinks I’m a guy so, no he didn’t. Furthermore I doubt I’m his type. All his past girlfriends are pretty and they are popular. He would never like someone like me.” When you said the words tears began pouring from your eyes.

Your brothers were all surprised by the intense feeling you seem to have for this boy. They have never experienced a girl crying over a boy. I mean they could bully anyone, bribe anyone, even show their love to girls they loved. But a teenage girl in love with a boy she couldn’t have. This was new for them, because they were use it getting everything they wanted.

All your brother stared at you not sure what to do. They quickly forgiven you for ditching school seeing the distress you were facing. You were now sitting on the floor silently sobbing away not caring what your brothers may think of you.

Insoo walked over to you and picked you up and brought you into his room. He placed you in usual spot.

“I’m sorry for coming down hard on you bumblebee, I know high school is hard already and we are making thing difficult for you too.” Insoo oppa said as headed to the door.

“Oppa,” you said in a very weak and hoarse voice. He turned around facing you. “Please stay with me”.

Insoo walked back to the spot where he placed and placed your head on his shoulder where you cried your eyes out on his shirt.

After an hour of crying you fell asleep on his shoulder. He placed you properly, putting a pillow at your head and covered you with a blanket and left.

All your brothers were anxiously waiting to hear how you were doing. “How is she?” Sung Kyu as Insoo started to descend the stairs. “She really likes this guy, but it’s not health for her to continue being a guy and having this feeling. I think we should move her from that school”.

“I think so too. Let her come to school with me. I’ll take care of her.” Chunji said from the couch.

“You know dad won’t approve of that” Hyung Jun said

“Who said he needed to know?” Heechul sarcastically replied.

“I don’t know, I think we should get some sleep. Take a day off tomorrow and spend it with ~~~~~ and ask her what she would like.” Kibum suggested.

“I have a deadline to meet tomorrow”

“My final paper is due tomorrow”

“The guys and I have a show at Music Bank tomorrow too.”

“Well now I see what’s more important to each of you” Kibum said and started to make his way into his room.

His hyungs felt bad for quickly dismissing their dongsaeng’s idea for helping their only sister.