Chapter 13

A Secret I Would Die For

“Dear, what if I told you that I’m…” I paused.

“You’re what?” He asked.

“Uh, no! I’ll just think of a better question.” I replied, fidgeting around the room thinking if I should perhaps tell him the truth. The truth that I think, I just think that I’m pregnant and we’re going for a check-up to check if it really is.

“Just tell me what was on your mind lately.” He put his hands over my shoulder and stopped me right from my tracks, turning me around to face him. I gave him a pout and reached for his hands to toy with it.

“So?” He reached for my chin with his right hand and tilted my face up, bringing it closer to his face. I was still toying with his hand, only that it’s just the left that I am toying on.

“So what?” I asked back.

“Tell me.” He whispered to my ear, sending shivers along my neck. “Or I’ll kiss you.” He threatened.

“Then, do so.” I replied. Well, I don’t really mind if he kisses me, I thought. I’d even like it.

“You wouldn’t be able to breathe then.” He startled me which got me all confused, raising my brow right up at him. In a series of seconds, his lips touched mine and all I could do was to respond. Our tongues battled as the kiss got even deeper. He’s really pushing it to the limit now; I moaned and expressed the pain he was causing me, but I s my hand on his neck as his hands slid down my back. I was breathing through him, that’s the only way I could breathe.

“Chun.” I whispered, trying to get out of his kiss which I succeeded in doing so. He kissed me again, but then I placed my hands on his chest, trying to push him back. “I need air.” I breathed in and out, I was panting real hard and he seems to be out of control.

“Your lips… They’re swollen.” He whispered and put his hands up to touch my lips.

“Your eyes… They look different.” I said, completely out of breath. I knew, his eyes looked as if they were out of control.

“Hey, can you breathe?” He asked me when he saw me panting real hard. I’m running out of breath, I really am. I can’t breathe anymore and with that, I think I fainted and I felt strong hands carrying me up to who knows where.

--

“Ella!” I heard Chun shout. “I’m so sorry, I let our baby die.” Die. The word die, it just suddenly puts me in a state of temporary comma.

“NO!” I shouted, with tears b out of my systems and with that, I brought myself back to reality with him shaking and hugging me at the same time.

“Shh.” He whispered. “It’s all just a dream.” He assumed as if he really knew what I was crying about. I looked everywhere in the room we were in and realized that we were no longer inside his office. He was rocking me back and forth and it didn’t in any way felt like he wanted to let go of me. Perhaps, it was all just a dream. But something about it made me scared. I couldn’t let our baby die, I couldn’t let him kill it nor would he even? Then, I suddenly remembered about the killing. What Selina told me a month back then got out of my system and it’s as if I don’t remember her telling me anymore that she was the real suspect on the murdering part. All I could think of now was guilt; I still think I’m the one who killed Chun’s parents. I hugged him back in an instant, pouring all the tears which were about to fall from my eyes. For now, it didn’t matter what I did back then all I could think of now was that I’m glad he’s here with me.

“I see that the patient’s awake!” The doctor interrupted us from our moment. Chun looked at him, but is still hugging me and the doctor didn’t mind at all.

“I am.” I wiped the last set of tears that were coming out of my eyes and looked at the doctor. Chun broke the hug and sat right up on his seat.

“Mr. Wu.” The doctor stated. “Kissing her until out of breath would kill the baby.” I laughed at what the doctor said and turned to Chun who was enjoying what he just heard.

“Wait!” I distracted.

“Did I just hear the word baby?” Chun and I asked in chorus.

“You two didn’t know?” The doctor asked us and pointed to either of us. We shook our heads left to right as a response and looked at each other. I hugged him first and then tears filled my eyes again and I’m just so happy!

“Elle, did you hear that?” Chun asked me and cupped my cheeks. “I’m going to be a dad!” Aw, how I could see such happiness in his eyes. I’m glad that we don’t have to go for check-up anymore, but then—Oh, how I love life that I just hope and wish that everything would go normally until the day I die. If I do.

“Is he the father?” The doctor asked which made me send death glares to him. “Okay, okay.” He laughed. “I know it already.” I must’ve gone too far, but then it’s that doctor’s fault. “So, take care?” He asked. “If you’re feeling fine, you…” He pointed at Chun. “could check her out any time.” With that, he waved ‘bye’ to us and left us all alone in the room.

“Wicked old doctor!” I yelled. “He didn’t even think you’re the father.” I laughed and he, Chun pouted.

“Why are you laughing if you didn’t even like that idea of him thinking that I’m not the father?” Chun asked me.

“Well, that’s because…” I slammed my lips unto him. The kiss lasted for just about six seconds or so, and then I broke it off. “Never mind.”

“There you go again.” He said, guiding me down from the hospital bed as if I was a fragile baby and still didn’t know how to walk.

After that, I don’t know…