Chapter 8

Is it Fate?

 

The sun rays coming from the window woke up Sooyoung from her deep sleep. She opened up her eyes then suddenly she felt weird, her room looked different. Then she realizes that she isn’t in her room but in some other’s room. She looked down to see her body, and she’s wearing a large white t-shirt and jogging pants. She was in completely shock but she didn’t scream. She kept on remembering what happened last night. How come she was brought here when she didn’t even drink any alcohol in the bar, she even know that she’s widely awake last night. She tried to be calm. Her mind has so many questions so she opened up the door and went outside the room looking for the person who took her. Then she smelled food that is being cooked in the kitchen. She went there and saw a tall man, with his apron on. He’s singing while he’s cooking. She went nearer to the table as the guy was in the other end of the table near the stove. She knew the guy even though he’s not facing her, she wanted to be sure so she called him.

“Changmin?”

The man turned around and faced her. His smile was so bright that seeing it in the morning would make your day complete.

“Oh, Sooyoung. You’re awake. Are you okay now? I cooked you some breakfast.” He smiled to her. Her timing was perfect, he just finished cooking their breakfast.

She was in shock, how come she is in Changmin’s house?

“Why am I here?” She said, still standing near the table.

“You had a fever last night and I’m the only one who’s with you last night. If you remember that. I tried looking for your friends and your brothers but I didn’t see any of them so I decided to bring you here because I don’t know where your house is.” He explained.

“You’re alone here?”

“Neh, you can sit and eat. You know.” Changmin said and sat beside her putting foods in her plate.

“So you’re the one who changed my clothes?! YAH!” Sooyoung couldn’t believe that Changmin can do that to her. She slammed his arms. Changmin avoided from her raising his both hands in defeat.

“I didn’t see anything! I put a blanket over you that’s why I didn’t see anything! Mianhae! But I have to do that, you have a high fever last night. And it would be too uncomfortable for you if you are wearing your clothes.” Changmin explained.

Sooyoung gave him an evil glare as answer then she ate those foods that Changmin have put in her plate.

“My brothers, they didn’t know I’m here.” She looked at Changmin who was also busy eating.

“Don’t worry. I called Siwon hyung last night. I already told them you’re here.” Changmin said while staring at Sooyoung.

“Woah, Siwon oppa didn’t get mad at you?! Really?”

“Yeah.” Changmin answered nonchalantly.

“Surprising.” Sooyoung said as she gets the last hotdog that is served. Siwon’s quite protective of her especially to boys. Her brother doesn’t like her going out with boys, sometimes he would let her, only if Minho is with them.

“What’s surprising is that you finished off the food that I cooked. I didn’t even have the chance to taste my omelet.” Changmin said in surpsise.

“It’s not my fault that you kept on staring at me while I’m finishing your food. Am I that really beautiful that you didn’t even bother to finish your food?” Sooyoung grinned.

“Ani, I was just amazed that you look like a pig while you’re eating.” Changmin teased in revenge to Sooyoung. Nothing has changed. They still like to tease each other.

“Yah! Changmin!” Sooyoung stood up and took the plates on the table and put it in the sink.

“Sooyoung, you don’t have to do that. I’ll be the one who will---“

“No, I can do this. And besides I haven’t thanked you for taking care of me. So this will be my way of thanking you.” Sooyoung smiled to him. Changmin went near her and picked up a plate.

“Let me help you.”

They remained silent while they were doing the dishes. Sooyoung wanted to break the silence and she’s thinking a topic that she could open up like how was his lovelife. They’ve been talking a lot of things but they didn’t get to talk about their love lives and even the relationship they had. All those thoughts disappeared when suddenly a small dog Sooyoung’s foot.

“Ahhhhh! What is that?!” Sooyoung jumped to Changmin. Sooyoung was so scared that she went into Changmin’s arms. She hid herself on Changmin’s chest and she also stepped on his feet.

Changmin was surprised by Sooyoung’s reaction that when she went into his arms, he hugged her. His heart beat went faster and he felt his body heat rising up. They remained like that until Macdoongie, his dog, barked. Changmin released Sooyoung from his arms the he picked up Mangdoongi.

“It’s just a dog, he’s Mangdoongi. I didn’t know that you are scared of dogs.” Mangdoongi is still on Changmin’s arms and nearing it to Sooyoung.

“I’m not scared. It’s just that I didn’t know that you have a dog here. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” Sooyoung said, still recovering from her sudden fear.

“Mianhae, I forgot. And besides, Mangdoongi doesn’t bite.” Changmin smiled. Still teasing the scared Sooyoung.

“Stop it!” Sooyoung finished washing the dishes and placed them in the cabinet. Changmin was also finished teasing her when he let go of Mangdoongie. He went to the living room and to watch tv, he knows, he should take Sooyoung home by now but his mind kept on saying that Sooyoung can stay a little longer. Sooyoung followed him and sat beside him on the couch.

“I didn’t know you were friends with Donghae, I’ve been with him since highschool and he never tell stories about you.” Changmin said to Sooyoung while they’re watching the tv.

“Neh, Donghae oppa doesn’t like introducing us with his guy friends because of his fear that they might hurt us and blah blah blah. I don’t care about the other reasons.” Sooyoung said nonchalantly.

“Wae? Did your heart get hurt already?” Changmin curiously asked. He saw Sooyoung’s eyes went larger when he asked that.

“What kind of question is that?! Aniya, I didn’t have any boyfriend. I only dated a few but that’s all, there’s nothing more. And besides, Minho and Siwon oppa would always sabotage my date.” Sooyoung chuckled.

“Even with that Yunho guy?” Changmin couldn’t help but to get jealous with Yunho. The first time he heard Sooyoung talked to him on the phone until last night in the bar. If only Victoria didn’t invited Yunho to dance, for sure he would never leave Sooyoung alone.

“You know what Changmin, if only you don’t have a girlfriend, I would think that you’re getting jealous with him. But I know you’re just curious, right? Anyway, Yunho oppa is bestfriends with Siwon oppa and he’s been with us always. He’s like a brother to me.” Sooyoung laughed.

Sooyoung’s right. He has a girlfriend, he shouldn’t be jealous with Sooyoung and Yunho. He knows that he loves Victoria, she’s the only person that made him forget Sooyoung.

Changmin nodded for an answer.

“And, speaking of Victoriassi, does she know that I’m here?”

That question made Changmin remember Victoria. He left her last night and he didn’t even tell her the reason why he left and where he is. He felt so sorry for her as she always tries to understand his flaws and that’s what she liked about her, she’s understanding. And thoughtful. He thought. Maybe by now she’s on her way to Changmin’s house to check if he’s here and definitely she would make Changmin a breakfast.

“I didn’t tell her yet. Hey, how did you know that she’s my girlfriend?”

“It’s obvious.”

“Oh, but don’t worry I know she won’t get mad at us. She’s very understanding. And if she will know that you were my childhood friend, she would definitely want to be friends with you. She’s nice, she may look like mean on the outside but if you get to know her, you would definitely love her.”

“So you’re really in love with her huh.”

“Yeah..”

Awkward silence.

“I think I should go now. You know, Siwon oppa might still be worrying for me right now.”

“Neh, your clothes are in my room.” Changmin pointed his room.

Sooyoung went there to change her clothes.

“Is she jealous? Is she still in love with me?”

Changmin was deep in his thoughts when he heard someone knocked on his door. He stood up and opened the door and saw Victoria.

“Changmin oppa! Good morning! Why did you leave early last night? I was looking for you.” Victoria greeted him with a peck on his lip and hugged him. He hugged her back. He wasn’t ready for this situation as it never crossed his mind. He knew that he and Sooyoung didn’t do anything but he still feel that he is betraying Victoria. Just when Victoria went inside her house, Sooyoung went out of his room.

“Changmin, I’m go-“ Sooyoung is shocked with the presence of Victoria. Same as Victoria. Sooyoung looked at Changmin as if she’s giving him a ‘what will I say to her’ look. Victoria also looked at him with questions on her eyes.

“Ah! Victoria, let me explain. Sooyoung had a fever last night, as you saw her last night, she was alone. I tried looking for his friends but I saw no one so I decided to bring her here because I don’t know where she lives. Mianhae, I didn’t tell you about it. I was panicking last night. I hope you understand.” Changmin, as usual, is forever explaining the reason why Sooyoung is with him.

Victoria didn’t answered, she turned her look to Sooyoung.

“Mianhae Victoriassi, even me, was also shocked that I woke up in others room.” Sooyoung bowed. Then her cellphone rang, it’s Yunho calling.

“Neh, I’ll go out now.”

“Changminssi, Victoriassi, Yunho oppa is waiting outside, I’ll go ahead. Mianhae” Sooyoung bowed again. Then she went outside Changmin’s house and saw Yunho’s car.

When Sooyoung was already gone, that was when Victoria finally spoke.

“Who’s Sooyoung to you?”

“Sooyoung is my childhood friend. That’s all. She’s just sick last night, and it would be too rude of me if I left her alone. I hope you understand.” Suddenly Changmin is getting mad. He doesn’t like to elaborate things, he just helped Sooyoung. That’s all.

“Okay, I understand. You should have called so that I could’ve helped you. Anyway, is she fine now?” Changmin knew it. She would be that understanding as ever. He felt relief as Victoria didn’t get mad at him, and now she’s asking if Sooyoung is alright. How lucky he was to have a girl like her.

“Neh, she’s okay now. You know that I can be a good doctor right?” He joked.

Victoria chuckled.

“Stop imagining. Anyway, have you eaten?”

“Neh, but when I saw the food that you brought, I felt hungry again.”

Victoria and Changmin laughed as they went to the kitchen and eat.

“Now I know what your name is. Sooyoung huh. Maybe Changmin sees you as a friend, but who knows, maybe you don’t feel the same way as Changmin. Be ready Sooyoung, this is the start of your miserable life.”

A/N

Hello guys! I've been very busy the past few days. School's coming, so it would be hard for me to update as frequent as I want. But anyway, I still have 3 weeks to make more chapters. :) Have you liked it? Subscribe and comment. I would love to read comments. :)