Chapter 12

Is it Fate?

 

Jessica was sitting alone in the cafeteria. Sooyoung didn’t attend school for today because she is still not okay. Sooyoung told her everything that happened. She was so sad for her friend, if only she could kill both Changmin and Victoria she would definitely do it. But Sooyoung stopped her, she doesn’t want to mess around with them anymore that it’s better to avoid them than to have arguments zand make everything worse. She also don’t want her brothers to know it because they will definitely hurt Changmin. She wanted to keep the pain all by herself and said that everything will be alright and she will recover from it soon. Jessica didn’t do anything, she did what Sooyoung wants. And now she’s alone cursing Changmin for making her eat alone.

“Sica”

“Siwon oppa. Wae?”

“Nothing. I saw you were alone here. I was just having my lunch also. I’m sorry Sooyoung can’t come today.”
Siwon sat across to her and put his tray on the table.

Jessica remained silent. She doesn’t know what she will say. She was thinking of telling Sooyoung’s problen to Siwon. But no, she shouldn’t tell him. So she kept her silence and turned her attention to her food.

“So how’s school?”

“It’s kind a hard but still surviving.”

“Hmm. You and Sooyoung should focus more on studies. Lately I’ve been noticing that Sooyoung is out of her mind. Just like last night, she quickly ran to her room. She didn’t even talked to us. I know something is bothering her. Do you know what it is?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t tell me anything.”

“Oh. But if ever Soo tells you her problem, please say it to me. I know you are bestfriends and I trust you. Okay?”

“Neh.” Jessica wanted to tell him the real problem. But she knew Siwon, once he knows the problem for sure he will get mad or worse, he will give Changmin what he deserves.

After they finished eating they still stayed in the cafteria for a few minutes and talked about random stuffs.

***

“Isn’t that Siwon? And who is that with him?”

“I don’t know. But she looks familiar. I think she were in the victory party last week.”

Nana and Uee were just having their lunch when they saw Siwon and Jessica. They looked at them as the two approached their way outside and just exactly when Victoria came inside. Victoria and Jessica looked at each other eye to eye. Victoria gave her an evil glare and Jessica returned it. She went to the table where Nana and Uee is.

“You know that girl?” Uee asked.

“Neh, she’s Sooyoung’s friend. Jessica.I don’t like her.” Victoria said as she looked at Jessica’s back and raised her eyebrows.

“Those two are so clingy with boys huh. She’s hanging out with Siwon-ssi.” Nana said, pissed off.

“Yeah. But I have no problems now. Sooyoung stayed away from Changmin.” Victoria continued on telling what has happened on the cafe yesterday.

“I don’t care about them anymore.”

Nana and Uee continued on eating when they noticed that Victoria doesn’t have anything to eat.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

“Neh. I’m on a diet. You know the acquaintance party is soon right? I need to be the prettiest there.”

“You’re right. I almost forgot that today we will be releasing posters for that party. And it will be announced by the school’s tv channel.”

“Oh, that’s great.”

“Aren’t you going to help preparing?”

“Wae? I already donated a money. Isn’t that a help?”

“Neh. I know.” Uee said.

“C’mon let’s go.”

The three stood up and went to their classes.

***

“Taeyeon-ah. What’s that?” Jessica asked Taeyeon as she was holding a poster and preparing to post it. Jessica read the poster.

“So it’s an acquaintance party huh. Are you the organizer?”

“Neh, our department is the host. Oh, where’s Soo?” Taeyeon asked Jessica when she noticed that Sooyoung is not with her.

“She’s dep- ah-ah sick! That’s right! She’s sick.” Jessica was about to say depressed. Good thing she immediately changed it to sick.

“Wae? She’s been sick for the whole week! I didn’t even see her yesterday. I have to visit her later.”

“Neh, let’s visit her later.” Yunho said, appearing behind them. He helped Taeyeon with the posters and also Jessica. They went to the other part of the campus to continue posting.

***

Victoria and her friends were listening to Jessica and Taeyeon’s conversation. They didn’t notice them.

“So, Sooyoung is sick again.” Uee said.

“Neh. That’s only right for her.”

“Yah. You should stop being rude to her.”

“I already stopped when she decided to go away from Changmin.”

“Ang speaking of Changmin, he’s here.”

Changmin was on his way to Victoria. They can see the seriousness of his face. He didn’t even smiled when Victoria looked at him.

“Victoria, we need to talk. Alone.”
“Uh-oh.. I can feel something bad will going to happen.” Nana teased Victoria. She gave her an evil glare and mouthed ‘shut up’.

They went away from her friends and searched for a quiet place for them to talk. They found a garden and decided to stay there. It was peaceful, no students can be seen there, just both of them. Victoria waited for Changmin to talk. She didn’t want to initiate the conversation because she feels that Changmin is not in the good mood. Until he finally talked.

“Is it true?”
“What?”
“That you were blackmailing a person for her to stay away from me?”

That’s the question she was afraid of. She didn’t expect that Changmin would know the blackmailing that she did. For all the girls that she made afraid of her, none of them dared to say it to Changmin. And now, who is this brave girl that said to Changmin that she blackmailed her. Sooyoung? Victoria thought as she was the latest victim of her rudeness.

“That’s not true. You know me Changmin, I won’t do that. Why? Do you believe them?”

Victoria started to form tears in her eyes. Trying her best acting skills to make Changmin believe her.

“Of course I don’t believe her. I just wanted to ask you if that’s true because I know you don’t lie. So stop crying now okay?”
Changmin hugged her while tapping her back to stop her from crying. She buried her face to his chest and started to cry more.

“I always try to be good to all people but I still don’t understand why they seem to hate me that they tried making me look bad to you.” More tears fell on her cheeks.

“Don’t care about them okay? They’re just envious of you. You have so many people who loves you and I am one of them.”

Changmin held Victoria’s face, making her face him. He wiped her tears, leaned closer to her and kissed her passionately.

“Who told you those things?” Victoria asked when they stopped from kissing. Changmin was still holding her face.

“Sooyoung. We talked last night.”

“Anyway, let’s forget about her. C’mon let’s eat.”

Victoria knew it. It was Sooyoung who told Changmin everything and this makes her get to her nerves. Though Victoria was still happy because Sooyoung failed, and worse, Changmin was angry at her instead to Victoria.

 

A/N

A boring chapter it is. Ugh. Does anyone wants to make a banner of this story?  You can send me your works at [email protected]. Thank you for reading! <3

Please vote for our Sooyoungie and her fellow Girls' Generation member YoonA, TaeTiSeo for Mnet 20's choice awards. You can vote here -> http://global.mnet.com/choice/vote.m?rs=ok&langCd=en