Chapter 15

Is it Fate?

 

It was a Wednesday afternoon and the sun is hiding from the clouds just perfectly for the soccer players who were currently training. They were having a mini game and some students are there, spending their free time watching them.

Changmin looked at the students and he saw Sooyoung. He was a bit surprised because it was the first time seeing her watching them doing their training. He looked at her, waiting for her to look at him back, she was too busy reading a book. Just a second she looked at his place and she waved her hand, smiling. He thought that she was smiling to him so he smiled back and waved his hand to her but he was wrong.

“Wait for me, okay?”

It was Jaejoong, talking to Sooyoung. She was not smiling to him, but to Jaejoong instead. His thoughts were wrong. He thought that Sooyoung is not angry with him that she realized that what she said when they were in the park were not true. And that she is here to talk to him and say sorry. But it was wrong. He remembered seeing her yesterday, from Jaejoong’s car they even saw each other but she didn’t even talked to him nor smiled to him. How come he forgot all those things and assumed that she is not angry anymore. And since when Sooyoung and Jaejoong became close?

“Yah! Changmin! Are you still in the game? We’re losing!” Eunhyuk shouted to him.

Changmin quiickly turned back and focused to the game. They were fighting over Jaejoong’s team and he needs to win this game to show Sooyoung that he is so much better than Jaejoong. He became focused not letting the other team have a score. Changmin and Jaejoong were fighting at the same soccer ball, Jaejoong having it then Changmin had the chance to get it and kick it to the goal causing Jaejoong to fall. He looked at Sooyoung who’s worried to Jaejoong. Then Jaejoong stood up d said that he was okay. The game was over and Changmin’s team won.

“Nice game Changmin.” Jaejoong said to him after they finished cleaning themselves. He only nod and smiled to him. The soccer team was at the field planning where they will go after the training.

“Captain, where do you like to go?”

“Pass. I have other business to do. I’ll go with you next time.”

Jaejoong said as he was leaving the team and heading to the bleachers where Sooyoung is.

“Woah! Isn’t that Sooyoung?” Eunhyuk said, pointing to Sooyoung.

“And Captain is heading to her now. Are they together? I didn’t know that! Donghae surely knows this and he didn’t even say it to me.”

“Yah. It’s none of your business. So Changmin, where do you want to go?” Leeteuk said.

“Ah-” Changmin saw Sooyoung and Jaejoong leaving.

“I-I have a lot of things to do. I’ll pass too.” Changmin said and quickly leave following Sooyoung and Jaejoong.

He don’t know what he was doing but he decided to follow them to know the truth if they are really together.

***
“Hey, I’m sorry for keeping you waiting-“


“Don’t worry it’s alright. Our teacher dismissed us early so I decided to come here early.”


“So you really want to see my handsome sweaty face huh.”


“Yah! Of course not!”

Sooyoung stopped when she faced Jaejoong. He was intensely staring at her again and this makes her feel awkward. She looked down and turned her gaze to the soccer field.

“Yah. Stop looking at me like that.”

Jaejoong chuckled and pinched her cheeks to death making them red. She hates it. She smashed him with her books as revenge but still Jaejoong laughed as if she didn’t hit him with her books.

“Soo. Do you already have a date?”


“Date?”


“Date. This Friday’s party.”


“Ahh.. Ani. I’m not going.”


“Wae?!”


“Because I don’t want to.”


“Yah. You will come whether you like it or not. And I will be your date.”


“But-“


“No buts! Kaja!”

***

“Aish! This thing is useless!” Minho unconsciously threw his cellphone and it reached someone’s foot.

“Mianhe!” He quickly got it and bowed to the person who hit it. He looked at him and was astonished that it was Changmin. Who didn’t seem to notice him.

“Oh, Changmin hyung!”

“Minho?!”

“Neh. Who are you looking –“ Minho turned his gaze to where Changmin was looking before and he saw Sooyoung.

“Noona?! Who’s that guy with him?!”

“He’s Jaejoong, our soccer team captain.”

“He’s dating my noona?!” Minho’s expressions were hilarious. He was panicking at the same time he was angry it was like as Jaejoong was going to hurt or kidnap Sooyoung.

“Uhm, I don’t know.”

“Let’s find out!” He pulled Changmin and they followed the two to where they are heading.

It was too immature for them to do such things. Follow someone and act like a spy and they even wore sunglasses so that Sooyoung won’t notice them. But one thing is for sure, Changmin was having fun. He had never done as exciting as this with his entire life. People were looking at them, especially females as both of them looked like models who were just walking on a runway. They continued on following them until they reached a boutique. Jaejoong was helping Sooyoung in finding the right dress that suits her. Minho was only stopping his self from punching Jaejoong’s face as he keeps on holding Sooyoung’s hands, shoulder and especially her waist.

“Noona..”  Finally, Minho lost his patience that he already talked to Sooyoung.

“Minho?! What are you doing here? You’re with?” Sooyoung surprised with Minho’s sudden appearance.

“Changmin?” Jaejoong saw Changmin behind the dresses. He can tell who he is even though he was wearing sunglasses. Sooyoung heard the name that came out from Jaejoong’s mouth and she looked at him to check if it was really Changmin. It was true and she can say nothing about it.

“Yah. Noona, who is this guy?” Minho looking at Jaejoong fiercely.

“Aish!” Sooyoung pulled Minho away from Jaejoong going outside the boutique.

“I just saw him while I’m wandering around then he saw both of you then he drag me to join him from following you.” Changmin explained to Jaejoong.

“Easy Changmin. I’m not accusing you or something anyway. So that guy is Sooyoung’s younger brother?”

“Neh. Are you and Sooyoung really dating?”

“Not really. This is just the first time we dated. But I’m planning on pursuing her.” Jaejoong said as they looked at the two siblings. Changmin didn’t answer.

 

After years of explaining, Minho finally understood what Sooyoung has explained. Jaejoong and Changmin noticed that Minho is already calm, they decided to go to them.

“Let’s go and have some dinner.” Jaejoong invited. The Choi siblings only looked at him as an answer.

“C’mon, my treat.” Jaejoong said as he held Sooyoung’s hand and went to the restaurant. Minho followed them, breaking Jaejoong’s hand from holding Sooyoung’s. Minho was in between Sooyoung and Jaejoong while Changmin was behind them.

No one was talking  while they were waiting for their food. Sooyoung can feel the tension building up from Minho, while Jaejoong was just cool. Seeing herself with Changmin was awkward too. Minho was sitting beside her, across them was Jaejoong and Changmin who was in her front.

“So Minho you are an incoming college freshmen right?”

“The hell I care.”

“Minho?!”

“Yeah, alright. Yes. I’m planning on taking up medicine just like my siblings. Are you happy now?”

“Actually Minho is good at playing soccer too. He is also the team captain at their school just like you.” Sooyoung said to ease the tension.

“Really? I bet you have plans on joining tour team next year.” Jaejoong said with a smile.

“Not really.” Minho kept on trash talking with Jaejoong but fortunately Jaejoong didn’t get angry or pissed with him.

“Changmin, you said that you were just wandering around earlier, by the way where is Victoria?”

“She’s busy for the party this Friday. I don’t want to disturb her.” Changmin said nonchalantly as he looked at Sooyoung then to his food.

“Wait. Hyung, you already have a girlfriend? I though you and – “

“Minho you said you like shrimps right?! Here, eat this.” Sooyoung interrupted Minho from talking as she put a shrimp in his mouth.

Finally, after all the awkwardness and trash talking they were done eating. Minho didn’t continued on what he was saying because his mind was blocked by those delicious buttered shrimps that was served.

Unfortunately, Sooyoung didn’t have the chance to get the dress that she likes. Maybe fate didn’t really want her to join the party. After all, her brothers won’t let her go out with Jaejoong. And maybe, her brother will be her date. Or Yunho.

Changmin confirmed that Jaejoong is interested to Sooyoung. He felt jealousy building up in his heart and at the same time afraid for Sooyoung as Jaejoong is known for being a playboy. He is Victoria’s cousin, and Victoria tells many stories about him. He never got the chance to talk to Sooyoung, she keeps on ignoring him.

Although Jaejoong was kind a pissed off with Minho who kept on trash talking to him, he still kept his coolness and showed to Sooyoung that it was okay, it’s not a big deal. He admitted that it was not his usual, because he easily gets angry when someone disparages him. And for Sooyoung, he will change his attitude, he will do anything to get Sooyoung even if he have to fight with Victoria.

“Yah, noona. You’re dead once Siwon hyung knew about this.”

 

A/N

Teehee! A long weekend it is, so I had a chance to write Chapter 15 and hope you like it. I’m sorry for my poor English – the redundancy of some words.

Yes, yes, yes. Jaejoong is in love with Sooyoung. Love at first sight actually.

Changmin is still confused with his feelings for Sooyoung. He still loves her!

I’m sorry for the overacting Minho. I made him that way just to add some comedy in this fanfic. (I hope so!)

Please watch out for the next Chapter 16 by next week? I will try next week! Or maybe tomorrow? I’m actually enjoying writing this fanfiction although it makes my nose bleed because I write it in English. And please do watch Sooyoung’s drama – The 3rd Hospital as soon as it comes out. Thank you!

Subscribe and comment. Let’s have a talk about this story. :)