Chapter 6

Is it Fate?

 

“Okay guys, here’s the plan…” The SM University’s soccer coach was discussing their strategies for the game. Everyone has been ready for this game, as they will be competing with the last year’s champion, JYP University. They were still in the locker room, waiting for the announcer’s signal for them to come out.

“It’s a good thing that the venue’s game is in our school, at least the whole student body can watch and cheer for us. And definitely many girls will cheer for me.” Eunhyuk grinned.

“Yah, stop imagining.” Donghae said to Eunhyuk then slammed him with his towel.

“Wae? I’m not imagining, what I’m saying are all true. You see those girls out there?” Eunhyuk said while pointing out the women on the field. “They’ll gonna go fall head over heels to me.”

Donghae and Changmin couldn’t help but laugh with what Eunhyuk was saying.

“You should take anti-hallucinating medicines.” Changmin said and laughed. Tapping Eunhyuk’s back as if he was like concerned and giving advice to his friend while pushing him out of the soccer field because the announcer already signaled them to come out.

“Please welcome, the SMU soccer team!” then the soccer players went out waving to their schoolmates. Changmin’s girlfriend, Victoria was there with her friends Uee and Nana waving to him and giving him a fighting gesture. All of his friends were there, cheering for him, and even Kyuhyun, all of them were holding a yellow and red sports balloon cheering sticks. But somehow he was still looking for someone, Sooyoung. He searched everywhere, intensely looking for every bleacher. He saw the girl whom Sooyoung is with when they were on the cafeteria. Unfortunately, Sooyoung is not with her today. He was surprised when the crowd near that girl cheered for Donghae.

“Donghae oppa! Fighting! Woooooh!” Sooyoung’s friend shouted. Changmin doesn’t know her name. They were flipping those balloon sticks while cheering for Donghae. Donghae smiled and waved to them.

“Woah, you know those girls? Why didn’t you even tell me you have girl friends? I thought you were gay!” Eunhyuk talked to Donghae while they were waving to the crowd. Donghae just grinned evilly to Eunhyuk.

They stayed on the other side of the field when the other team was called.

“Hyung, isn’t that Changmin? The kid we used to play with when we were kids?” Minho turned around and faced Siwon. They were sitting in the bleachers as they promised to Donghae that they will watch the game. Minho was sitting beside Yuri and Jessica while Siwon, Yunho, Tiffany and Taeyeon were sitting behind them.

“Oh, neh. He’s also studying here, I didn’t know that. Did he already see Sooyoung?” Siwon asked Minho.

“I don’t know. But if noona did see him for sure she will immediately tell us. You know how much she liked him. I wouldn’t be surprised if she would rather choose Changmin as her brother than me.”  Minho chuckled. “And by the way, where’s noona? The game will start very soon.”

“She said she will come but she will be late, today’s her deadline for her report.” Jessica said leaving a blank seat for Sooyoung.

The game started exactly at 4 in the afternoon, the sun’s might be out for a typical day but today is different. It seems like the weather agreed with the people who wanted to watch the soccer game. The sky was just full of clouds, as if a rain is about to come but luckily, it didn’t. The weather made the crowd in ease as they continued cheering for their own teams.

Sooyoung came and sat beside Jessica. She didn’t seem to notice Sooyoung because they were very serious on watching the game. The game had just recently started and the crowd is seriously watching. Suddenly SMU scored and the crowd went wild. She imitated her friends and that’s when Jessica noticed her.

“You’re already here. I thought you wouldn’t make it. The just started a while ago, and there’s Changmin.” Jessica told her without looking at her. She was too busy looking at the players.

“Yeah, I know.” She quickly passed her report to her professor just to watch the whole game, yeah, Changmin. Jessica was the only who noticed her. She didn’t bother to greet her friends they were too serious to be bothered.

“Yah! Shim Changmin! Lee Donghae! Show your ultimate soccer skills! Aish!” Minho shocked the quiet crowd when he suddenly shouted angrily while standing and raising his arm. The game is on its half and JYP University is currently on the lead.

“Minho, calm down.” Yuri said as she pulled Minho back to his seat.

The quiet crowds earlier were now replaced with noisy and loud cheers. The game is now about to end, and the scores were tied. Now everyone’s nervous, they were praying and hoping that SM University wins the game. Sooyoung joined with the loud cheers of the crowd. She was definitely cheering for Changmin and of course his friend, Donghae.

“SMU! SMU! Fighting!”

“SHIM CHANGMIN! SHIM CHANGMIN!” shouted by those crazy fan girls on the other bleacher.

“Wow, so Changmin’s really popular here especially with the girls. Does her girlfriend doesn’t get annoyed by them?” she thought to herself.

Then suddenly Changmin scored, kicking the ball on the last minute. The tie is now broken from 2-2 to 3-2. And the crowd went wild. SM University won. The SMU students went to the field and joined the players who were congratulating Changmin. Sooyoung and her friends also went there, congratulating Donghae.

“Donghae oppa! Congratulations!” Sooyoung greeted him and hugged her following Yuri and the rest of their friends.

Changmin saw Sooyoung greeted Donghae, he looked at her waiting for her to look turn her gaze to him. Then she turned. She smiled. He smiled in return. She was mouthing “congratulations” to him. He was so happy, the team won and he saw Sooyoung. Her smile is adding happiness to what he feels, he thought he was going to be disappointed even if they won because he didn’t see Sooyoung in the crowd earlier. Many people were congratulating him but he ignored them, he just smiled but he’s still looking at Sooyoung. Then Victoria came.

“Changmin oppa! You were great! Congrats!” Victoria gave him a peck on the lips. He was shock but he quickly recovered and smiled to her.

Victoria was about to greet Changmiin when she saw him looking at someone, a girl. She stopped. She didn’t like seeing Changmin looking at any girl. She only wants herself to be in Changmin’s eyes always. And if she knew that girl is flirting with Changmin, she will make sure that her life will be miserable. Nobody can take Changmin away from her.

“Thanks Vic!” Changmin smiled at her, it was different from all the smiles that Changmin gave her. She can see in his eyes that he’s definitely happy. She can’t help but to think that this smile is because of that girl.

“So guys, where’s the after party?” Eunhyuk excitedly asked.

Victoria and her friends had already prepared a party because they definitely know that Changmin’s team will win. Uee’s brother owns a bar near the school and they already told her brother about that. And after this game, the players and other students are invited to that party. All expenses are by Victoria. She’s well known in the school not just by being pretty, but also for being rich. Her family owns the largest broadcasting company in Korea so money didn’t matter to her.

“At Uee’s owned bar.” Nana answered.

“Really?! That’s great! Legggooo!” Eunhyuk jumped happily placing his arms around Nana’s shoulders and walked away when he remembered Donghae.

“Donghae! Are you coming?” Eunhyuk asked Donghae who’s with his friends that time.

“Aniya, I’ll go with them.” Donghae answered.

Victoria wanted to observe more Changmin and that girl if her conclusions are true so when she heard Eunhyuk and Donghae’s conversation, she immediately invited them to come to the after party. After all, he’s friends with Siwon and Yunho the two hottest students from the Medical Department and it is rare to see these two to see in parties that it would be the talk of the town if ever they will come.

“Donghae, why don’t you join us. You can bring your friends. You know, the more the merrier.” Donghae’s friends looked at each other and even Donghae, they were like gesturing that it’s okay, they will go with them.

“Okay, let’s get going!” Donghae joined Eunhyuk while pointing to the place where they are going.

Victoria smiled evilly and went to Changmin clinging in his arm.

 

A/N

I'm so happy that this story have new subscribers so I posted Chapter 6 for you guys! :) Please keep on reading and commenting. By the way, chapter 7 is on it's way now, I'm still working on it. I tried doing a banner for my story but it failed. :( I guess my photoshop skills were no good. Haha. Thank you again! Hello silent readers out there!