Chapter 10

Is it Fate?

Sooyoung went out of the restroom, still thinking of what Victoria said. She was deep in her thoughts until she reached the cafe where her friends are. Yuri wanted to meet them because she will be asking something. She opened the door and went on the right side of the cafe, it was quite big and a lot of students go there because of its peaceful ambience. She saw her friends.. And Changmin’s friends along with him and his girlfriend. Three rounded tables were joined together for all of them.Now the peaceful ambience was gone.

“Annyeong Sooyoung-ssi!” the guy with the blonde hair greeted him. She don’t know what his name is. But still, she gave him a smile. She heard Victoria also greeted her while Changmin giving her his killer smile. She only looked at them in return and sat right next to Jessica who is sitting across to Changmin and Victoria. Now she was sitting face to face to Changmin.

“What are they doing here?” She whispered to Jessica while the others were busy talking about their businesses. “I don’t know, Donghae oppa came here with these boys.”

“I thought that Yuri wanted to ask us something?”

“Neh, she still doesn’t ask it. She’s too busy talking with that blonde guy.”

“Hey! Why are you whispering at each other?” Suddenly the blonde guy caught them whispering at each other.

“Ani, I’m just asking if I can go and get some food because I’m really hungry.” Sooyoung answered in defense. The blonde guy was quite annoying. And what’s more annoying is that all of them already has their food and she’s the only one who’s not.

“Oh my, the shikshin is here.” Donghae joked as he stood up and lead Sooyoung to the counter to get some foods.

“So, Sooyoung is really a big eater huh? Is she like that when you were still kids?” Victoria asked Changmin.

“Neh, she never changed.” Changmin still smiling, different from the usual. This time, it can be seen that his happy genuinely. Victoria gave Changmin a fake smile. She notices that the girl in their front were looking at them.

“Hi I’m Victoria, Changmin’s girlfriend.” Victoria said, extending her arms for shake hands.

“I know.” Jessica said, her arms crossed.

“Yah, Sica. Don’t give them you’re icy aura.” Donghae said from behind. He and Sooyoung were carrying a tray where their foods are.

“Neh, by the way I’m Jessica.” She said, accepting Victoria’s hand.

“So what are you going to ask Yuri?”

“Ah, you see. Eunhyuk wants us to play soccer with them. Just for fun, I hope it’s okay with all of you.”

“Who’s Eunhyuk?” Sooyoung asked. Yuri pointed the man beside her, the blonde guy whom Sooyoung is annoyed with.

“Oh.” She answered nonchalantly, and turned her attention to the brazo de mercedes that she has.

“So, is it okay with you? Are you free this Friday?”

“I’m okay with it. How ‘bout you, Soo?” Jessica turned to Sooyoung. Everybody was looking at her waiting for her answer. Their eyes saying ‘please-say-yes’ look. Then she looked at Victoria and then to Changmin.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t go. I still have things to do. You can go if you want.” She smiled, cheering up those sad faces in front of her. She really wanted to go, but Victoria is there as if telling her to say no or else, so she decided to say no.

“But promise that you will join us on the next game.” Donghae said.

“Neh.” She finished her food quickly. She didn’t want to see Changmin and Victoria’s faces. It ruins her day.

“I’ll go first. I don’t feel well.” She lied. She know how stupid her excuse was.

“Yah—” she left before anyone could talk.

“I’ll go too.” Jessica said and ran to Sooyoung.

“They’re just too busy and stressed. I understand them, being in the pre med dept is really hard.” Donghae explained to them.

“That’s true. They should be focusing more on studies rather than boys.”

“You’re right Victoria.” She smiled at Donghae. She was so happy that she succesfuly pushed away Sooyoung from Changmin.

“Yuri-ah, shall we go? Auntie said that I should bring you home early.”

“Ah, neh.” Yuri stood up along with Donghae and waved goodbye to Changmin, Victoria and Eunhyuk.

“Maybe I’ll go too. I need to take a rest for the game on Friday because Yuri is coming. Take care both of you.” Eunhyuk grinned happily and quickly went away. Changmin and Victoria were still at the cafe.

“So, how ‘bout us?” Changmin asked Victoria.

“I’ll just go to the restroom first then we’ll go home.” Victoria went to the restroom. Changmin was left on their table. The crew were cleaning it when he gave him a wallet.

“Sir is this yours?” The crew got it from were Sooyoung sat. Changmin opened the wallet and saw Sooyoung’s id.

“I know who’s the owner. I’ll give it to her.” He kept the wallet in his bag then Victoria came and went home.

***

“Sooyoungie! Wait!” Jessica shouted to Sooyoung. She was running breathlessly as she get closer to her because Sooyoung walked so fast. Finally, Sooyoung heard her.

“Aish, why do you have to walk so fast!”

“Sica..” Jessica saw tears fell down on Sooyoung’s cheeks. And that’s the reason why Sooyoung quickly went away from them.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Sooyoung hugged her. They were in the middle of the streets and people were looking at them.

“Let’s go home, people are looking at us.” Jessica lead the way to the bus stop and they both sat there. Sooyoung stopped from crying but she’s still silent. She looked for her wallet to prepare her money for the fare but found nothing in her bag.

“Sica, my wallet is.. Lost!”

“What?!”

A/N Thank you for reading and subscribing! Is this chapter okay? Feel free to write comments! I get too inspired whenever I read those. Kamsahamnida <3