Chapter 5

Is it Fate?

 

“Yah! Sooyoung! What took you so long?” Jessica said her welcoming sermon. Sooyoung just arrived to the party’s venue, Taeyeon’s restaurant. She saw Yunho and Siwon decorating the ceiling. Yuri and Taeyeon were busy preparing the food. Donghae and Minho, were also helping bringing out the foods from the kitchen.

“I just met an old friend and had a very long conversation with him.”

“Who’s HIM?!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Jessica, you don’t really need to shout. He was just a childhood friend of mine and nothing’s special.”

“Oh really? What’s his name?”

“Changmin”

“You mean Shim Changmin? That famous soccer guy?! Is your childhood friend?!”

“Yah, Jessica. Wae? Is he that famous?” Sooyoung didn’t know that.

“Neh, he’s famous not just with his good looks but he’s also good in soccer although he’s still a freshman. Everyone thinks that he will be the youngest captain ball in the history of the university’s soccer team.”

“Why I didn’t know about that?”

“You’re just too busy with your studies that you didn’t seem to care to anyone and you even almost forgot Tiffany’s birthday. Thank God Yunho oppa called you.” Jessica laughed while they were fixing balloons for Tiffany’s birthday party.

“I’ll have free time, anytime soon. I’m done with my reports!” Sooyoung happily stated as she happily waved a balloon in front of Jessica’s face.

“You’re too happy huh.” Jessica laughed to what Sooyoung did that she also happily waved a balloon at Sooyoung’s face.

“Yah, stop imitating me and let’s finish this.” Sooyoung tapped a balloon on Jessica’s head. Just right when they were finished decorating the room, Tiffany came. Siwon immediately turned off the lights.

“Why is it so dark here? Taeyeon? Sica? Sooyoung? Yuri?” Tiffany entered the restaurant when suddenly the lights and they all came out walked towards her with Siwon holding her birthday cake and they all sang happy birthday.

“Saranghae saranghae, chaeseukhahamnida..~”

“Finally we’re going to eat! Happy birthday Tiffany noona!” Minho excitedly said as he turned his attention to the foods.

“Thank you guys! I love you so much.” Tiffany thanked her friends, she’s crying because of happiness. Having a bunch of friends like them is the best birthday gift from heaven.

They were all seating in a long table, busy eating, and talking about what’s happening in their school.

“Guys, you should watch our game with JYP university next week. That would be a tough game. I heard that those dudes were really good in soccer.” Donghae said.

“Yeah, they were the last year’s champion. Good luck bro.” Yunho replied.

“That would be fun! We’ll be cheering for you oppa, fighting!” Yuri said to Donghae. Giving him an “aja” pose which made him happy. Everyone became very excited about Donghae’s upcoming game. It is also a way to escape their stress in school. They were done eating when suddenly Minho invited them to play a game.

“This party is not a party if we won’t be playing a game.”

“That’s right.” Donghae agreed with Minho.

“Let’s play truth or dare! If you choose dare, you’ll be drinking a one shot of tequila plus, you’ll be kissing the person you like here. It’s okay to kiss them on their cheeks besides I have my siblings here. It would be too awkward if I kiss noona in her lips right? And if you choose truth, someone will ask you a question and you should answer it with the truth. Okay? Is it clear?”

Everyone agreed with Minho and they sat on the floor and started to spin the bottle. Unfortunately, the bottle pointed to Minho.

“Aish! I choose dare.” Then he drank the tequila and kissed Donghae on his cheeks.

“Yah! Why me?!” said Donghae disgustingly.

“I love you oppaa~” teased Minho. Everyone laughed, they were enjoying the game. As the bottle spins again, it pointed to Jessica. She chose dare and did what Minho did, and kissed him on his cheeks. They were just teasing each other, they don’t take it seriously. And the bottle spins again, this time it pointed to Yunho.

“Truth.”

“Woah, hyung! You’re brave huh. I’ll be the one who will be asking you.”

“Okay, go ask.”

“Do you like my sister? Not as a friend but as a lover? You should say the truth! I have proofs!”

“Yah! Minho! Are you crazy?! Of course Yunho oppa would like me as a sister. Right oppa?” Sooyoung interrupted. Sooyoung was about to kill Minho when Yunho spoke.

“No, I don’t like your sister. I love her. I loved her ever since I met her. I’ve been keeping my feelings all this time, afraid that she would reject me. But now I had this chance to tell her what my feelings are, I’m saying this with all my heart. I love you Sooyoung.”

Everyone was in shock, even Minho, especially Sooyoung. They didn’t expect that Yunho would be that serious. There was an awkward silence when Siwon broke it.

“I guess it’s getting too late guys, we need to go home. Let’s have this gathering again when Donghae’s team wins next week. Donghae’s treat, right Donghae?” Siwon turned to Donghae.

“Woah! Okay, just cheer for me. C’mon Yuri we have to go. We will go first and Happy birthday Tiffany!” Donghae agreed with Siwon’s idea and went home with his cousin, Yuri.

“Tiffany, hope you had a great day on your birthday. We shall be going, also. Take care. Bye, guys!” Siwon said to Tiffany as Sooyoung and Minho also greeted her and said goodbye to others.

Tiffany, Taeyeon, Jessica and Yunho were left in the restaurant.

“Yunho oppa, it’s okay. I think Sooyoung were just shocked on what you said earlier. Even us, we know that you like her, but we didn’t expect that you will confess today.” Jessica said to Yunho who’s still silent at that moment. He didn’t know what to feel if he will be happy because finally he confessed to Sooyoung or he will be sad because he didn’t get any response from her and worse, that she will avoid him because of awkwardness.

“Sica’s right. You can text or call her if you want to say sorry to her if you think you’re being too rushed earlier.” Tiffany added.

“Thank you, I hope you guys are right. By the way let’s go, I’ll send you home. It will be dangerous if you’re going home alone.” Yunho replied to them and they went to Yunho’s car and went home.

At the Choi’s car.. Minho turned too Sooyoung at the back and asked her.

“Noona, are you okay?”

“Of course I’m okay, it’s just that I didn’t know that Yunho opppa loved me ever since that day. He always tells me that he likes me as a sister so I didn’t really bother if he’s too caring for me.” Sooyoung’s mind is still on Yunho’s confession. Siwon’s still silent while he’s driving.

“I guess Yunho hyung is too nice to be your boyfriend noona. You should see someone who’s wild as you are.” Minho still have the courage to throw a joke on Sooyoung even though they are on a serious conversation.

“Yah! This is all your fault!” Sooyoung pulled Minho’s hair.

“Ouch!”

“Shut up! Both of you! We’re home.” Siwon interrupted.

“Are you angry hyung?” Minho asked Siwon but he didn’t answer.

“Hyung might be mad with Yunho hyung because of what he said earlier.” Minho turned to Sooyoung.

“Yah, this is your entire fault.” Then Sooyoung left Minho and went inside their house.

 ‘Hey, Sooyoungie, are you mad at me? I’m sorry. Please reply if you’re not angry.’

‘I guess you’re still not ready to talk to me, but please can we still be friends? I’m not asking for more.’

‘Good night.’

When Yunho got home, he immediately texted Sooyoung hoping that he will receive a reply from her but unfortunately Sooyoung was already asleep and didn’t read any of Yunho’s messages. He got a big problem too, he’s bestfriend, Soooyoung’s brother, might be angry with him.

“Why did I ever said those words? Aissh!” Yunho sighed.

 

A/N

Yey! Thank you guys  for reading and subscribing! Feel free to comment and give suggestions. ;)