Chapter 14

Is it Fate?

 

Sooyoung was in the car with the guy whom she doesn’t know. He was helping her yet she doesn’t know what the reason is.

“Here, change your clothes.” He gave him his extra shirt and a jacket to her. Sooyoung looked at the things that were given to her.

“Uhm, its okay. I can handle myself, you don’t need to help. Thank you by the way.” Sooyoung said as she was returning the clothes that was given to her.

“No, aren’t you cold? You should change quickly before you catch a cold. I’ll wait for you outside.” He handed the clothes again to Sooyoung and went outside.

She can’t do nothing but to say thank you. The guy is so stubborn yet he’s nice too..and handsome. Maybe this guy is popular in this school as expected from good looking people. She finished changing her clothes and went outside to talk to him.

“Kamsahamnida.. for helping me.” Sooyoung bowed to him, and he turned his back to face Sooyoung.  When she finally stood up and faced him, he held her face and brought his face closer to hers as if he was going to kiss her. Sooyoung unconsciously shutting her eyes, anticipating the moment that was going to happen but she was surprised when suddenly the guy whispered to her ear.

“You’re welcome.”

 Surprised by the sudden action, she pulled herself from the guy. She was shy, blushing, she wanted to bury herself because she felt embarrassed to herself and to the guy. But the guy only laughed at her.

“You know what, you’re adorable. By the way, my name is Jaejoong. You are Sooyoung right?” Jaejoong was smiling at her. It was the smile that would kill all girls.

“Nae. Uhm, why did you help me?” They were at the other side of school, away from the crowd. They were sitting on the bumper of Jaejoong’s car.

“Because I want to.” He said nonchalantly. Sooyoung didn’t answer.

“Hey, do you know why Victoria did that to you?”

“I don’t know. Don’t worry about it, it’s just an accident. She didn’t want it to happen.”

“You still don’t know her. There’s a reason behind it. She does not do things just because she wants to, but because you’ve done something that she didn’t want. And besides, she is not that careless to accidentally throw those things exactly to you.”

Sooyoung knew it. She doesn’t want to make a scene and have a cat fight with Victoria, she wants a peace of mind.

“But I know one thing that makes Victoria really angry to people, especially to girls.”

“What is it?”

“Her boyfriend. Changmin. She’s really possessive when it comes to him. Many girls ruined their life when they tried flirting to Changmin. So, are you somewhat like them?” Jaejoong made his face closer to Sooyoung staring at her intensely.

“Of course not! I don’t even know him. What’s his name again?” Sooyoung pulled away from Jaejoong as her hands waving a no.

“Good. So maybe Victoria did it accidentally. Just be careful not to get thrown again huh.” He chuckled rubbing his hands to her hair making it a mess.

“Hey!” Sooyoung pushed away Jaejoong’s hands, fixing her hair. She felt comfortable talking to him, just like talking to her brothers. It’s funny how just within an hour they became close and talk about a lot of things.

“Jaejoong chingu, I have a question to ask.”

“Jaejoong chingu?! Huh. What is it?”

“How will I return these clothes to you?” Sooyoung pointed that clothes that she is wearing.

“Just ask me straightly if you want my number. I’ll be willingly give it to you.” Jaejoong chuckled and get Sooyoung’s phone from her bag and saved his number.

“Yah! Youu!”

“What?! Don’t give my number to anyone okay? Girls might flood me again with I love you messages.”

“HAHAHA! Self-conceited man. I’ll better go now. Goodbye Jaejoong chingu! See you around!” Sooyoung stood up and went away. She was smiling to herself on how could she have a friend like him that easily? He was so narcisstic and at the same time he was funny.

Just not far away from Jaejoong’s car, she saw Changmin. They only looked at each other but she quickly turned away and continued walking.

***

Sooyoung and her friends were at the shopping mall as promised to Yuri. It has been a long time since they did a girl bonding like shopping because they were too busy with school works and other stuff although they still manage to see each other frequently.

“So where did you get that hippie clothes? And that jacket, it looked so intriguing.” Jessica asked out of curiosity.

“Yeah. The clothes are too big on you. Spill it out.” Yuri added.

“Uhm.. Act – “

“Hey! I know that jacket! It’s from Jaejoong sunbae! Look, he has his number on it. The number on his jersey.” Taeyeon interrupted. She was holding Sooyoung’s shoulders as she was pointing the said number on her back.

“W-w-wait. Jersey number? Is he some kind of a varsity or something?” Sooyoung asked. Yuri tapped her head because of her question.

“Pabo! Of course he is. I can’t believe you don’t know him. He is the captain ball of the SMU soccer team. So how did you get his clothes and especially why did you changed clothes?!” Yuri exclaimed. Her voice was almost heard in the whole shoe store.

Sooyoung told all the things that happened and her friends were enthusiastically listening to her. Feeling excited about how did Jaejoong saved Sooyoung like a knight in shining armor. They were already teasing her about him, making her face red as rose because somehow she felt that she slightly like him.

“Do you think Victoria did that to you on purpose?” Jessica interrupted.

“Why would Victoria do that? Soo said that it was an accident.” Yuri said. So far only Jessica knows about the mean Victoria.

“I just don’t get it. I know that Victoria and Jaejoong are cousins – “

“It was an accident. Sica, you’re only making things more complicated. That Jaejoong guy helped in behalf of Victoria because she’s busy with her friends and as far as I know they weren’t eating that time so that’s why that Jaejoong was the one who helped me. Don’t worry.” Sooyoung gave Jessica a smile and a wink. She didn’t want her friends to know about Victoria being cruel to her. It would just add fuel to the fire because she knows her friends would fight back to Victoria.

Finally they found the right shoes that matched their outfits for their party except for Sooyoung who was only looking at the shoes but has no plans on buying them.

“Hey Soo, aren’t you going to buy?” Tiffany asked. They were already on the counter and just waiting for their paper bags.

“Ani. I’m not going, appa called earlier and he said that he needs my help this Friday. Sorry.” She lied, she didn’t really want to go. Just seeing Victoria and Changmin together makes her heart ache more. Tiffany and her friends just nod and said okay in disappointment. They decided to have their dinner first before they go home.

 

***

Jaejoong is lying on his bed spending time looking at the ceiling, remembering the moments that he had with Sooyoung. It was the first time seeing her and he quickly noticed her right when she entered the cafeteria with her friends. He actually wanted to talk to her when she was left alone but he got shy. Thanks to Victoria who accidentally threw her food on Sooyoung, just the right timing to help her and talk to her.

Riiiinggggg.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Oh, Jaejoong chingu?”

“Sooyoung, you already missed me?”

“HAHA. Funny, you love yourself too much. I’ll return your clothes on tomorrow, what time are you free?”

 Jaejoong looked at the calendar and realized that it is Wednesday, most of his time goes on training every Wednesday. Apparently Sooyoung didn’t know that he is the captain ball of the soccer team as he noticed that she didn’t know him.

“4 o’clock at the soccer field.”

“4 o’clock? Soccer field? Hmmm.. okay. See you Jaejoong chingu!”

“Soo – “

But before Jaejoong could speak, Sooyoung was already gone. He just smiled, grabbed his wallet and took out a picture. A picture of the teenage Sooyoung and Changmin. He got it at the park while he was walking with his dog. Unfortunately he forgot that he had this picture with him and didn’t had the chance to return it to Changmin. He just remembered it when he saw Sooyoung. He knew there was something familiar with her, and this picture was the reason.  He knew that Victoria didn’t do it accidentally, but she did it on purpose.

“I need to know what is the story behind you the two of you.”

 

A/N

Finally! I've been waiting for this! Hehe. Hello readers! I'm back. :)) Yeah, here comes another couple. Now I'm confused on whom Sooyoung will going to end up with. But don't worry changsoo shippers, there will a lot of them soon. Watch out for the next chapter. Feel free to comment and subscribe. :)