Chapter 7

Is it Fate?

 

The loud music was annoying Sooyoung for several hours. She is not the type to stay in the corner of the bar and be a loner, she just doesn’t feel well. School works has been giving her stress lately and if it isn’t only for Changmin, she would have said a big NO to Donghae when he looked at her asking if it is okay with her to go to Victoria’s invitation. And now she can see Changmin happily dancing with Victoria, she regretted nodding yes to Donghae. She wouldn’t be hurting right now if she only didn’t nod yes.

“Soo, are you okay? Do you want to go home? Yunho asked who is the only one who never left her alone. All her friends where now on the dance floor, having fun with Donghae’s friends. And even her brothers left her and danced with those girls, she thought, Victoria’s minions.

“Neh, I’m fine. If you want, you can join them.” She lied to Yunho. Actually she really wanted to go home now, but she didn’t want to leave the party and make her friends worry with her.

“Ani, I’ll stay here with you.” Yunho said. He knows Sooyoung doesn’t feel well, she’s not as lively as she is now. She was not like that earlier but now, it seems like her batteries were about to drain. So he stayed with her throughout the night. It’s a good thing that Sooyoung didn’t get mad at him on what he confessed to her, she said that she didn’t feel awkward with him and he’s too nice for her to avoid with. Siwon didn’t get mad also with him because he already knew his feelings before he confessed to her sister. That’s it, nothing has changed.

Yunho noticed that Sooyoung is staring at someone, he traced her gaze and saw the soccer player that Minho was talking about. He felt jealous to that guy as he hear Minho said earlier that Sooyoung liked that guy when they were still kids. Someone has stopped him from thinking when Victoria invited him to dance.

“Yunhossi, let’s dance.” Victoria came to him and invited him to join her friends in dancing. Yunho looked at Sooyoung and she gave him an ‘it’s okay, I’m fine, you can go’ look. Then Yunho and Victoria went to center of the bar and danced along with the other students.

Sooyoung was alone in one of the corners of the bar when Changmin noticed it. She looked like she’s not on the mood to party, he know her to be the one who’s out going in times like this. But today looks like she doesn’t feel well. He went to her and talked to her.

“Hey, Sooyoung. Are you having fun?” Changmin asked Sooyoung as he sat beside her. She’s busy playing with her cellphone when Changmin asked her. She looked at him and answered.

“Oh, neh.” She smiled. Changmin didn’t believe her.

“Yah, your having fun playing with that thing.” Changmin grabbed her cellphone and brought her to the dance floor.

“Aish, give me my phone!” Sooyoung reached for her cellphone but Changmin raised his arm and pretended not to hear her and just continued dancing.

“Yah!” Sooyoung walked away and went back to the place where she is earlier. She sat there and she closed her eyes, she’s not feeling well. And she’s not on the mood to play games with people. She closed her eyes, she never thought that she will be having a fever in this time, when all of the people were having fun. Her mind wanted to have fun too, but her body is not on the mood to party.

Changmin thought that Sooyoung was already having fun with the others because she stopped nagging him to get her cell phone. But he found her again on that corner, sleeping. He went to her and asked her if she’s okay.

“Sooyoung” Changmin sat beside her and poked her. But Sooyoung didn’t answer. Changmin put his hand on her face to wake her up. But Sooyoung’s face is hot, she’s having a fever. He panicked. He looked for Sooyoung’s friends but they were nowhere to be found even her brothers. The bar was too crowded and it will take too much time if he will search for her friends. So he immediately helped Sooyoung get out of the bar and went to his car. He will be the one who will take her home. But he doesn’t know where she lives now so he decided to take her in his house.

When they got to his house, he carried Sooyoung to his bedroom and prepared a cold water to cool down her fever. Changmin’s face were red as tomatoes when he changed Sooyoung’s clothes in to comfortable ones, he put a blanket over Sooyoung's body then he changed her clothes. He didn't want to take advantage on Sooyoung so he tried his best to change her clothes without seeing anything. When he's done, he went to the kitchen and prepared Sooyoung's medicine.

“Sooyoung, wake up. You need to take your medicine.” Changmin said while helping the unconscious Sooyoung to take her medicine. It’s a good thing that it’s easy to take care of Sooyoung when she’s sick. Her fever went down and now she’s peacefully sleeping in Changmin’s bed. Changmin laid beside her, watching her sleep.

“Sooyoung, I’m so glad that to see you again. If you will just know how you broke my heart when you left me with no goodbyes back then that it took me years to get over you. I hope we can bring back the relationship we had.” He said to Sooyoung while caressing her face. And then he remembered Sooyoung’s brothers. He immediately searched for her cellphone and saw 70 text messages and 45 missed calls.

‘Sooyoung! Where are you? Are you alright?’ – Jessica

‘Noona, where the hell are you? We’re still waiting for you here in the bar.’- Minho

Changmin immediately dialed Siwon’s number as half of the missed calls are from him.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Siwon hyung? This is Changmin. I have Sooyoung with me, don’t worry she’s okay now. She had a fever earlier. I tried looking for you but I didn’t saw anyone of you. I didn’t know where her home is so I took her here in my house. Mianhae, I didn’t tell you call you earlier. Mianhae. Don’t worry.”

“Neh” Changmin said, trying to calm Siwon down. He can sense his worry by the sound of his voice. Luckily Siwon had his trust to Changmin and didn’t get angry to him. After that, he went to his couch and sleep.

“I hope there’s no bad happening to Sooyoung, I’m scared for her.” Jessica said. All of them were searching for Sooyoung, she, Yunho, Siwon, Yuri and Donghae were still at the bar waiting for Sooyoung to come. While, Minho went home to check if Sooyoung’s there but unfortunately she’s not. Suddenly someone called to Siwon.

“Oh, neh. Kamsamnida.” Siwon sighed in relief.

“Don’t worry guys, Sooyoung’s fine. She’s now with Changmin, he said Sooyoung had a fever but it’s gone now. We had a long day, let’s go home now.” Siwon told to his friends.

“Hey, it’s okay to you that Sooyoung is sleeping with that guy?” Yunho asked. He’s still worrying because she is with that guy. What if he takes advantage on Sooyoung? He shouldn’t have left Sooyoung. He wanted to slap himself for leaving her.

“I know what’s on your mind Yunho. But don’t worry, Changmin is not that kind of guy. I know him since we were kids and I trust him.” Siwon said as they walked outside the bar and went to their cars.

“C’mon Jessica, I’ll drive you home.”  Jessica went inside Siwon’s car and they waved goodbye to Yunho who’s still standing beside his car. Donghae and Yuri also went home leaving him alone. And then he heard Victoria and her friends.

“Where did Changmin go?” Victoria asked one of her friends, Nana.

“I saw him going out with a girl earlier, I don’t know her name but she’s quite pretty.. and tall.” Nana answered.

“Aish, once I know that girl, I will definitely make sure that her life will be miserable. She doesn’t know whom she’s fighting with.” Victoria said, raising her eyebrows and the she saw Yunho looking at her.

“Oh, you’re still here.” Victoria’s eyes grew wider.

“Neh, but I’m going home now. It’s getting too late. Bye.” Yunho answered then went inside his car and went home.

Sooyoung is in trouble, he thought. He needs to protect Sooyoung from Victoria. Although Victoria has been his schoolmate for 3 years and she’s known to be one of the queenkas of the university, he doesn’t know what Victoria can do but he’s sure that Sooyoung is in a big trouble if Victoria knew that Changmin had Sooyoung in his house.

A/N

Because of a new subscriber, I got too excited that I immediately posted chapter 7 without re-reading it. I'm sorry :) I'll do it some other time. I envy those stories that have banners. :'(