You've kicked it enough..? Minho's heart that is?

You know we were meant to be

- - - - - -

"!!!" you suddenly woke up from a dream with a big gasp. You breathed heavily for a while as Minho came and sat beside you to try calm you down. You felt tears in your eyes and you also had a headache. Minho hugged you and unconsciously you leaned into him and rested your head on his shoulder. 

"Are you ok?"  He asked you when you finally calmed down and pulled away from him. 

"I'm fine." you said coldly, trying not to seem weak in front of him, despite the fact that you just pretty much begged for him to held you in his arms. 

"What's wrong, _ _ _ _, why won't you just tell me?"

"Shut up." you said and walked toward the window. "I just had another nightmare about... ugh... you wouldnt understand."

"I'd probably understand better than anyone..." he mumbled and you barely heard it. 

"Stop that Minho!" you said angrily. "I'm sick of hearing you pretend to know me better than anyone else. And dont tell me you do, 'cause you dont!"

Suddenly he walked over to you and hugged you. You had actually become quite fond of Minho's hugs. They were always so warm, and made you feel like they were even full of pure love.

You were starting to become more angry at yourself, than him, for letting him hug you without fighting back too much. 

 

 

"I'm sick of him..!" you cried lying down on Taemin's bed. You were supposed to be practicing the dance that was coming up in exactly one week.

 

"Who.. Brian..?"

 

"..yeah...him too!"

 

"Who's the other one? Minho..?" asked Key.

 

"Who else..?" you screamed, "Whats wrong with him, he's acting like were going out or something. He's pretending to know me better than anyone else, and most of all, he's making me be feel like I'm cheating on Brian, while making me feel like Brian is also cheating on me! What kind of a guy does that? Does Minho hate me or something?"

 

"Silly. It's because he really lov.." what Key was about to say was cut off by Taemin.

 

"Will you calm down, _ _ _ _? And can we please practice more," Taemin said holding your hand and pulling you up. "Doesn't dancing take away all your thoughts? Besides.." he looked down, a little embarrassed. "You need a lot of practice, because your dancing is getting worse."

 

"Worse..?" you stood up quickly ready to dance, but then sat down again because you suddenly felt weak.

 

"Whats wrong?" Taemin asked starting to panic. "Are you ok? What should I do.. Are you sick? Should we go to the infirmary?"

 

"Maybe she's pregnant?"

 

Key's remark made you angry so you threw one of the pillows from Taemin's bed at him.

 

"Dont... don't say stupid things like that! M..me and... and... that guy! We haven't done anything like that! Ugh!!"

 

"Calm down, I was kidding." Key laughed as he threw the pillow back. "I think you might actually just be starving. I'll go get you something to eat."

 

You nodded quietly, embarrassed that you had gotten so angry when Key was obviously only messing with you. "Key you..." You sighed and smiled. "...I'm sorry about that."

 

 

 

 

After eating, it still didn't make you feel any better, but in order to not worry Taemin or Key you stayed quiet about it and pretended you were all better.

 

Later when you went back to your room Minho noticed your gloom and decided to try and make you feel better.

 

"Let's go outside, _ _ _ _, get some fresh air."

 

You noticed the worried tone in Minho's voice. It made you feel more and more confused about what Minho feels for you.

 

What Key said earlier, that you might be pregnant, made your face flushed again.

 

That's not possible... he was just sleeping beside me... it's not like we had...s..s..!

 

AH, I cant even think it without feeling flustered!

 

This is crazy... a..and I would never do it with that guy!

 

You really really want to tell Minho to back off and leave you alone. To never get close to you again. But something was keeping you from doing so, and you had no idea what that something was.

 

"It's ok, Minho. I'm fine. Let me go talk to Brian I t..think I just heard his door close. Ok then, see you later!" You stuttered as you rushed out of the door.

 

You sighed before knocking on Brian's door.

 

"Brian.." you whispered as you walked into his room when you heard him say so.

 

"Hey, how are you?" he said giving you a hug.

 

It doesn't feel as nice as Minho's hugs anymore... You thought but smacked yourself in the face mentally after realizing it.

 

"Lonely..." you whispered in his chest.

 

Suddenly you felt his hands around you tighten.

 

"I'm so sorry for doing this to you.." he said kissing the top of your head.

 

"What..? What are you talking about.."

 

Brian didn't say anything about that any further, and made you forget all about it when he became his old self again, that you loved so much. He talked to you about all kinds of things, and you were glad you could talk to him again like that.

 

After all these past few days of avoidance, this almost felt like paradise to you. Almost.

 

"You know I love you right?" Brian finally said and kissed your forehead.

 

You smiled and were about to kiss him on his lips, but he turned his head.

 

"Sweetie, it's getting late, and I'm really tired." he said trying to avoid the question that was on your mind. "...anyway, has your roommate found out about your secret yet?

 

"Minho? N..no.. of course not."

 

"Oh.. okay.. he seems like a pretty cool guy. So if he ever finds out about you I'm sure he'll keep quiet. He won't say anything to anyone, so dont worry."

 

"Um.. yeah I guess..." you sighed. He was talking about Minho again. What could be the reason for why he always brings him up?

 

"I'm going to bed now." Brian said hugging you again. "Good night."

 

It was eleven a clock when you went into your room and Minho was still awake.

 

For some reason you just didn't feel like going to bed yet. It could have also been because you knew Minho would try to, and succeed in, getting into your bed with you.

 

"Woah, where are you going this late..?" Minho asked suddenly when he saw you approach the door again.

 

"I'm not... I mean... I don't know, really... I'm just... just going out for a walk I guess... wanna come?" as soon as you said it you gasped and regretted it.

 

You were about to take it back but Minho suddenly stood beside you again and said "let's go."

 

The night was cold, and you had started to shiver. When Minho offered to give you his jumper you refused. But then when he hugged you, you pushed him away.

 

"Minho I need to talk to you, please listen. I'm serious," you said as he looked at you giving a silent nod. "I don't want to be unfaithful to Brian. Please don't get so close to me anymore. And most of all, stop trying to make me think Brian is being unfaithful to me too. He might just be busy with something else lately."

 

Minho leaned his back against the tree and looked at the moon in the dark night sky avoiding your eyes. "I'm not trying to make you think anything, _ _ _ _." he glanced at you before looking back up again. "I'm just saying, that I want you to be prepared for something like that. Not that it may really happen but I've also noticed the distance between you two.."

 

"That's what I'm talking about Minho! Don't say things like that!"

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

You sighed and sat down beside the tree Minho was leaning against. "I don't know what to do anymore.. Minho.."

 

You suddenly felt like letting it all out. Every little thing on your mind, about Brian.

 

"Brian doesn't give me the warmth he used to give me anymore.. ever since we went to that magical garden thing."

 

"Magical garden...?" you heard Minho ask, so you explained.

 

"It was a garden that was supposed to guide you to your one true love if he was also in the garden at the time.. and that was highly likely since it was held on one day only, so everyone went there. Even people from foreign countries.

 

"You'd think that means there were millions of people there, so it must have been over-crowded, but there was also some kind of a trick that only the people who were close to your age, or the one who was your true love could be seen in your eyes.”

 

You sighed and looked down, "I'm guessing... Brian probably knew I was lead to another boy instead of him... but the thing is.. I dont even know who that boy was, so even if he saw, he shouldn't be so disappointed, since I obviously dont even care about that.."

 

The two of you were quiet for a second before Minho broke the silence.

 

"I was also at that place a few months back."

 

"Like I said, it was held on one day only, so that more people would come, so it's not that surprising that you also came."

 

"Did you see me there?" he asked looking a little hopeful.

 

"If you're trying to make me think you were the one I met there, then give up, I may not remember who I saw, but I'm sure as hell it wasn't you."

 

"what if it was?"

 

Jaysus, this guy really just isn't going to give up is he.. You thought gritting your teeth.

 

Minho sighed. "Well if it wasn't him, then that means he really wasn't the one for you right? He was also probably lead to another girl too but didn't say it to you. Maybe that's why.."

 

"Shut up already. Are you trying to make me heartsick so that i'd come running to you or something!? What are you really trying to say?"

 

"Break up with Brian and give me a chance."

 

All of a sudden, you felt something inside you snap. That was the last string. And Minho had totally crossed the line.

 

You wanted to shout out loud. You wanted to punch his pretty face.

 

..but you weren't so out of mind yet that you forgot to remind yourself that it was almost midnight and most people were sleeping.

 

"Screw you.." you said quietly starting to walk away.

 

Minho was beside you in a matter of seconds chuckling. "Come on, I was kidding."

 

"Piss off.." you said sounding even more serious and angry. You couldn't look at his face anymore, and you couldn't stand hearing his voice anymore. Every word he spoke made you more angry.. but then again, it also somewhat made you feel less angry. It made no sense to you.

 

"_ _ _ _..." Minho spoke your name quietly. He realized you were being serious but he didn't want to give up. "..I'm sorry I.."

 

"Just stay away from me.. ok?" you turned to him looking him deeply in his eyes. "I swear, if you get close to me at all in the next week or so, I'm going to punch that pretty face of yours, and I'll kick you where it hurts the most, actually I would do it right now, but I won't.."

 

"Kick me where it hurts most..?" Minho said hiding his eyes under his bangs as he looked down. "You've already kicked it enough.. my heart that is.." the last part was barely audible but you definitely heard it.

 

With that, Minho walked ahead of you, and went back into the dorm, leaving you alone, stunned at Minho's words.

 

"...his heart..?" you voiced.

 

Minho is starting to confuse me more and more...

Is he really in love with me or something? .... that's a joke right? 

.... right?

....this is so frustrating...

You felt your heart ache as you walked in the opposite direction to where Minho went, not sure exactly where you were headed now.

 

He's kidding right? He knew I was going out with Brian from the beginning so there was no way he could have actually fallen in love with me.

 

You lied down on the grass and sighed. "I hate this school.. I'm sorry brian. You've gotten pretty sick of seeing my face right..? Don't worry. I'll leave in a week and when we meet again in 6 months we'll be happy again.."

 

After a moment of lying there you took out your phone and texted someone.

 

10 minutes later someone walked over to you and sat down next to you and a familiar voice spoke, but it wasn't the one you had been waiting for.

 

"Dont you think it's a little weird calling a boy out in the middle of the night."

 

"Not at all.." you said trying hard not to sound too out of it. "by the way, why are you here, Key? I texted Taemin."

 

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you.. why do you text a 15 years young boy to get out of bed in to middle of the night and come outside."

 

"Why are you the one who came..?" not seeing anything wrong with what he stated, you repeated your question.

 

"Because he said he was too tired and he didn't want to stand you up, especially since he 'sensed' there was probably something wrong."

 

"..sorry, I just needed someone to be with me."

 

"...er..ok.. anyway, is there anything bothering you?" he asked.

 

"..Minho is mad at me,” you sighed lying back down, closing your eyes, “..but I think he's finally going to stay away from me.. but now, I just can't figure out why I'm not as happy about it as I thought I would be."

 

"Maybe.... now dont get mad at me or anything, but just maybe.." Key said but hesitated for moment. "..you might be in love with Minho."

 

He probably thought you would snap at him so he got into a more stable pose, but then relaxed as you stayed calm, without moving.

 

"Brian keeps talking to me about Minho every time I talk to him." you said, avoiding what Key had just said. You didn't want to get mad at him, and you knew he only said it because he was making a suggestion to help you.

 

"He doesn't know about Minho knowing about you being a girl, right? So maybe he's trying to bring you two together for some reason.." you glanced at Key who tensed again for a moment, but you closed your eyes again, letting him continue. "..what I mean is, it wouldn't be that surprising if Brian is trying to make you want to leave him for Minho or something."

 

"Why would he want me to break up with him? I thought he loved me!" you cried opening your eyes and sitting up.

 

"I think he does love you, and cares a lot about you... he probably loves you, the same way I love you..." Key said looking up at the sky thoughtfully, “so to me, it kind of seems like Minho is the reason he wants you to break up with him. Maybe he knows something about Minho that you dont?”

 

You looked at him and he smiled lightly as he continued.

 

"...anyway, don't believe everything I say now, ok? Just consider the possibilities, because I'm just telling you what it looks like the me. And to me, it looks like he's trying to let you down easily because he knows you love him. He doesn't want to make you very sad," he added, “That's what I would do anyway if I had to break up with the one I cared about, and knew she loved me deeply.”

 

"...but he is making me sad.." you mumbled as Key started brush through your hair with his fingers.

 

"Anyway, are you feeling alright?" he asked you, changing the subject. "I think you might need to get some sleep, because from what I can see, your weakness which is the cause of your dancing getting worse, was caused by lack of sleep."

 

"I've been a little sleep deprived lately.. I guess." you said remembering how you couldn't sleep at night because you kept waking up many times during the night because of nightmares. "I don't think I can sleep in that room though." you said remembering what Minho had said.

 

You were afraid that if you went into that room, Minho might do or say something that would confuse you even more.

 

Key thought about it for a moment, but then smiled nudging you to sit up so you did. "Why don't you sleep in my bed tonight? And if you want, you can stay for more than just one night."

 

You felt your face light up a little. "Really?"

 

"Of course! But not with me though.." he laughed making you giggle too a little. "I'll explain to Minho, that we swapped rooms for a while, alright? So don't worry about it and sleep."

 

"Key, you're the best!" you said giving him a hug.

 

"I know," He hugged you back and then stood up, helping you up too.

 

"Well, you know where my room is, so yeah, see you tomorrow I guess." he smiled, making you suddenly smile too despite what you had just felt a couple of minutes ago. "Oh yeah, and don't worry about Taemin. He'll understand once you explain to him why you're staying there. He won't freak out like I would, ha ha ha!"

 

"yeah.." you said sticking your tongue out.

 

That night was the only night you could sleep well.. because the following days...

------------------------

Minho and you have suddenly stopped talking... you think Minho is mad at you... while Minho is just... heartbroken.
You know he is.. but you dont understand why... 

This is where Minho and you suddenly become distant. *sadface*

- Kohuke

 

*dont forget to leave comments please.