Scared of thunder?

You know we were meant to be

 

 

The doorbell rang and Onew was quickly up, and about to answer when you stopped him.

"I'll get it." You smiled.

Onew was obviously too eager, and excited that he would probably scare the poor delivey guy away.

I'm excited for chicken too though...

When you opened the door, you dropped the wallet you had been holding, and stared at the delivery guy, wide-eyed, with an overly excited looking expression.

"Oh my gah! Kim Hyungjoon!?" You squealed and and pointed.

"It's rude to point." He pointed out and chuckled, while pushing your hand down. "And I'm not Hyungjoon."

Kim Hyungjoon was one of the main singers of your favourite band, called SS501. He was also your favorite member in it.

You actually knew this guy was indeed not Hyungjoon. It was his little brother Kibum.

You've actually known him for a while, and you were good friends.

"By the way, I didn't know you were back. Do you want me to tell the others, so we could all hang out sometime?" he asked. "Everyone missed you, you know? Even though you were only gone for 2 weeks." he chuckled.

"I miss them too, but, um... no... that's ok. I won't be staying for too long." you smiled.

I won't be staying for long? you thought. It shocked you that it sounded more like the truth, than an excuse for being too lazy to go out.

You had been thinking a lot for the past few days. But until now, you havent sounded as sure about going back as just now.

"So anyway, here's your chicken. Now pay me." he grinned and held out his hand.

You wanted to scold him for sounding so rude, but then you remembered Onew was probably about to kill himself because he was getting impatient waiting for his chicken, and you were also a bit hungry, so you just handed him the money and watched him leave.

"Tell Hyungjoon I love him!" You yelled, and heard him laugh. "And Eli! and Xander! And--"

"What about me!?" he laughed.

"yeah yeah, love you too!"

You then closed the door and went back into the living room and cheered, "I have chicken!"

The two of you ate in silence, but you kept thinking about what you had told Kibum.

You definitely fooled Kibum when you said you wouldn't stay for long, but that lie sounded so much like truth, that you even believed it yourself.

Do I really want to go back?

I really dont know...

Brian is there though... so... thats a no...

But I kind of miss Key, Taemin and Mel...

...and Minho too.

"...ss Kim...Miss Kim..." You heard someone speak so lifted your head, to see Onew waving his hand in front of your face stupidly. "You were spacing out," he said as an excuse.

"Yeah... so what do you need?"

"I wanted to tell you I have to go somewhere tonight, and I wont be back until tomorrow morning." He then hesitated a little, "Will you be ok, or do you want to come along?"

You thought about it.

You didnt really like to stay in the house on your own.

Then again, you knew that going with him would have been even more boring.

"It's ok. I'm fine with staying on my own." you gave a light smile. "Be careful. I heard there's a storm coming, with thunder and lightning and all."

"Heh, are you serious? Look at the weather outside... it's so hot!" Onew said not believing you. "But sure, I'll be careful. And call me if you get too scared or something, right?"

You replied by nodding.

After he left, you realised the silence in the house had become even more deafening than before.

You checked your phone to see why you hadn't received any texts from Minho, only to find that your phone was switched off. The battery had been pretty low since morning, so it wasnt a surprise that it was empty now.

You had just connected your phone with the charger when you suddenly heard the loud sound of thunder.

You dropped your phone onto the ground, almost breaking it. Thankfully, when you switched it on, it was still working alright.

quack quack quack quack

Your message tone suddenly sounded, and you found the message was from Minho.

Before you could read his message, the message tone sounded again, and there was another message, this time from Melony.

You decided to read the one from Melony first.

hey _ _ _ _, I just heard
there's a storm going ur
way... will u b ok? U hav
been scared of thunder
ever since u were little.

-Mel.

Melony really does know me from before... you thought as you replied to her message.

I no, I heard bout it too.
It's ok
, Mel,I'll b fine. I'm
not 
that scared nymore. :)
thank u for worrying.

-_ _ _ _

You then looked at the message from Minho.

Mel said there's a storm
coming towards where u r.
I'm a bit worried. r u ok?

-Minho

Minho is such a caring guy... but he's also such a flirt sometimes. I just dont understand him.

You clicked the reply button.

It's ok. I'm fine. But the bad
thing is, I'm alone T^T .

-_ _ _ _

You put the phone down and walked toward the window. The bright sky from a few minutes ago was suddenly replaced by darkness. It had also started raining. You heard the sound of thunder again, and you also saw a lightning flash, which almost made you scream.

It was true that when you were little you were terrified of thunder and lightning. But you were over it now... at least... you hoped you were.

quack quack quack quack

alone? aw. should I come over :P ?
anyway, if u get scared or something
feel free to message me, I'll keep u
company through texts ;)

-Minho

Minho, you're awesome.

You decided not to reply now, since you hated to recieve texts that only say "k", so you didnt send others similar texts either.

( a/n: dont we all hate texts that say just "k" or just "haha" XD )

You decided to go downstairs to make yourself some tea.

When you made the tea, you drank it slowly. Even though you made it in a bigger cup, you still wanted to take your time drinking it. Tea always kept you calm and relaxed, when you were feeling stressed, or worried or in this case... frightened.

Every sound of thunder made you more and more anxious, and you couldnt help but shiver even though you werent cold.

You quickly ran upstairs, careful not to spill the tea.

When you looked out the window again, you noticed that the rain still hadn't stopped. In fact, the rain was coming down even more heavily, and the wind was so strong blowing the rain at your window, that you were afraid if hailstones started falling, they would break the glass.

All of a sudden, the loud roar of the thunder snapped you out of your thoughts, and suddenly acting on impulse, you ran to your phone and rang the one person who's been occupying your mind for a few weeks now.

"Hello. Who's this?" that someone answered after the first ringing. Your caller ID was private which is why he didnt see your name when you rang.

The sound of his husky voice already made you feel a little calmer, but another roar of thunder reminded you of how scared you were.

"Minho! ... er... It's me, _ _ _ _ ..."

"_ _ _ _? why are you calling me instead of sending a message? are you ok?"

"I'm... I dont know... I'm... scared, Minho." You don't know why, but a tear suddenly slided down your cheek, startling you a little. "I'm scared.. the wind is so strong, and it's raining.. a..a..and the thunder--AH!" You screamed when you heard it again.

You didnt even know why you were afraid of it. You knew thunder cant hurt you, and the lightning seemed to be so far away, but still you couldnt help but shiver, and panic everytime you heard the sound.

"_ _ _ _, calm down... it's ok... I'll stay and talk to you, so dont be scared." Minho spoke, trying to calm down. You felt a little calmer, but you were still scared. "_ _ _ _, listen to me... I have an idea."

You listened to him intently as he told you what you needed.

"Just listen to your iPod, as loud as you need to so that you dont hear the thunder. You'll feel a little less scared." he spoke calmly. His calmness rubbed off on you too a little.

"But... the lightning flashes."

"I knew you would say that," Minho chuckled, and it somehow made you smile a little. But suddenly when the room lit up with the lightning, you started to panic again. "When you listen to your iPod. Why dont you stand up and dance too."

"dance? why?" you asked, a little confused. You can't possible dance when you're feeling so panicky everytime there are flashes of lightning.

"hmm.. pretend you'rea famous dancer at a dance contest, or something. And dance your heart out. Whenever you see flashes of lightning, pretend they're flashes of cameras."

"t..that..!" you gasped. Why did it sound so familiar when he said that?

"_ _ _ _...?"

"Minho... you're a genius... I'll try that." you tried to smile, but your muscles werent relaxed enough, so it hurt.

A silence suddenly feel upon the two of you, and you wondered if you should say something, and end the call, to try what Minho suggested.

Just when you were about to say something, Minho spoke up first.

"I missed your voice..."

You felt a blush creep on your cheeks, as you wondered how to reply.

"Talking to you on the phone is so different, from texting... I like it..." he said, and then you heard him chuckle. "aha, anyway... go ahead and try what I told you."

"eh..ah..yeah... I'll... y..yeah... b..bye," you stuttered, and were surprised at yourself.

When you ended the call, you quickly searched for your iPod and played your favorite song. Love ya by SS501.

You did as Minho suggested, and danced, and you were surprised that it indeed helped a lot.

Still... you couldnt help but feel a little nostalgic. It really felt like it wasnt the first time someone suggested it to you. And it was definitely not the first time you did this.

After a while, you had started getting a little tired, so you lied down on your bed, and closed your eyes. Still listening to music.

Before you knew it, you were already fast asleep...

-------------------------

I just love SS501 really much, and Kibum just so happens to be the brother of my favorite member:  baby <3 ^^ which is why I added him in the story. but if I had chosen my U-KISS bias as the delivery guy I would have probebly chosen either > Alexander > Eli > Kiseop or Soohyun ^^ XD (actually, before thinking of using someone from U-KISS, I was actually going to have the delivery guy be Mal! XD ha ha )

The reason I wrote this chapter like this (the idea about the storm) was because this actually did happen to me 2 days ago, (exept I was at the beach when the life guards suddenly told everyone to get out of water. I laughed at them when they said "a storm is coming" , because it was like over 40 degrees hot that day. with no wind... and the sky was pretty clear ha ha ha :) but then, all of a sudden, the sky became dark, and the wind started blowing sand in my face and branches and started falling into my hair XD plus, while trying to run to my car, I nearly got run over by someone else's car XD ha ha Oh it was so much fun that day :D but i was hella scared :)

PS: This chapter was quite long right? (I noticed I had started writing shorter and shorter chapters after my 2 month hiatus between the end of may and end of July :/ )

All of you silent readers, please let me know you exist by leaving a comment . even if it just says "update soon" its good enough for me. :)

♥ Love Ya all ♥