A Picnic with a Twist

Fixed Star

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

Iseul ran to her 4 friends and gave each and one of them tight hugs. She sat down with them.

 

"Oh! You brought something!" Hyorin said pointing at the box of cupcake. Iseul nodded.

 

"I happen to passed by a bakery, so I thought to buy some for all of you!" Iseul said.

 

"Ah! Always is so sweet!" Bora said. Iseul smiled.

 

They sat down comfortably under the shade of the beautiful Cherry Blossom trees. They ate while talking.

 

"So how are you?" Hyorin asked. Iseul smiled.

 

"I'm fine as you can see I just came back." She answered honestly. 

 

"How was life in New York?”Soyu asked.

 

"It's great, I had a blast. I met many Korean there and other friends that are really nice. I managed to have part-time job for extra money, since you know me I like to splurge in girly things." Iseul answered.

 

"Work? Where?" Dasom asked curiously. Iseul smiled and ate a whole slice of kimbap. The others smiled at her puffy cheeks.

 

"'There's a "Face Shop" store there and I applied as a saleslady. The staffs are Koreans which is great!" She answered. 

 

"Whoa! You became really pretty you know! Maybe the New York life suits you. Are the boys there better than here?" Bora asked. Iseul laughed.

 

"You'll get homesick if you’re alone. Boys there and here are the same, just different races." Iseul answered truthfully. They nodded.

 

"So did you bring us gifts?" Hyorin asked while grinning. Iseul nodded.

"Honestly Yes, but I haven't unpacked my luggage. I just arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to see you." Iseul stated loudly. They laughed at her lively voice.

 

"I missed you all so much!" Iseul said.

 

"Aww, we missed you too!" The 4 girls said.

 

They talk more about the 4 members of Sistar's life. How was the school in New York? How was school here in Seoul, how their dancing was and singing skills and many more. Suddenly Iseul remembered she planned to ask them about Infinite and Na Eun. The 4 was laughing at some jokes.

 

"How is Infinite and Na Eun?" Iseul suddenly asked which left the 4 ladies unprepared and in a sticky situation. They gulped hard. Iseul saw it and look at them curiously.

 

"Is there something wrong?" Iseul asked. They looked at each other but didn't answer.

 

"Uhh, Infinite and us we're not that close anymore. Ever since you left we grew distant. You know we only are close to them because of you." Hyorin answered honestly.

 

"Eh? That's so bad! You should've told me. Oppas didn't even say a word about it." Iseul said clueless.

 

"Ah Iseul, I really want to ask. Have you heard from L and Na Eun?" Bora asked looking nervous. Iseul looked up and shook her head completely clueless on what's happening to her old best friend and boyfriend (should I still say boyfriend.).

 

"Nope, I haven't heard ever since I left. I guess Myungsoo must be really upset that I left and Na Eun must be really busy." Iseul said innocently.

 

"Yeah, busy stealing and seducing your boyfriend away." Soyu mumbled, Dasom signaled her to stop gladly Iseul didn't hear anything.

 

"Oh! I think I saw Na Eun today. She's prettier!" Iseul said happily. Hyorin look at her with nervous eyes. 

"How am I supposed to tell her when she's all giddy about her back-stabbing best friend?"Hyorin thought silently.

 

"Iseul I don't know how to say this you really but your very own best friend betrayed you." Hyorin said. Iseul stopped smiling and stared at her in disbelief. The others have been nervous all along.

 

"Bwoh?! Betrayed me?" Iseul asked all serious. Hyorin couldn't utter a word. Finally Bora grew some strength.

 

"Iseul, MYUNGSOO and NA EUN are DATING." Bora said and looked away. Iseul's mouth was wide open and hurt flashed across her eyes. She knows this is not a joke and his Unnies wouldn't lie to her but just to be sure.

 

"You’re joking right? How can that be? My best friend with my boyfriend? That's crazy. Maybe they just became really close friends." Iseul said. Hyorin looks at her with pity.

 

"No we're not Iseul. We saw it with our own eyes and the whole school knows. If they were close friends why would Na Eun kiss Myungsoo, why would Myungsoo hold Na Eun's waist like he does too you, why would they always be together with Na Eun's new y friend called A Pink. Do you really think we would joke about your relationship with Myungsoo?" Dasom said honestly. They know this will hurt Iseul a lot but she has to know before she sees Myungsoo and Na Eun again.

 

"But how can that be? I trusted Na Eun?" Iseul said stuttering, tears in her eyes starting to build up.

 

"You can never trust that girl. Ever since you brought her to the group, we've sense something fishy about her. Sure she’s quiet but not trustworthy I can tell by the look in her eyes she's just using you. She used you to get Myungsoo." Soyu said.

 

"It can't be she's all nice and kind to us." Iseul reasoned.

 

"She was before; she's just like the like other two-faced es our there! She's now y and arrogant. She became the queenka with that A Pink es." Bora said annoyance in her voice.

 

"Iseul-ah we're really sorry!" Hyorin said coming to her side. She hugged her. Others came close to her and comforted her. Tears slipped down Iseul's eyes but she held them back. She wiped her tears away.

 

"Infinite Oppas didn't even tell me this. Since when did this happen?" Iseul asked.

 

"A few months after you left, we couldn't tell you because we're afraid you won't believe us and we felt like you needed to focus there in New York. Sorry Iseul-ah we’re really sorry." Soyu and the others apologized. Iseul kept herself together.

 

"AhGwenchana! It's fine!" Iseul said and stood up. The 4 girls stared at her.

 

"Unnie I'll be going home first. I need a rest." Iseul said. The 4 girls nodded.

 

"Okay call us when you need us. We're really sorry for telling you this just now." Hyorin apologized. The others apologized too. Iseul smiled bitterly.

 

"It's fine it's not your fault. I was stupid enough to leave the guy I love and now he moved on." Iseul said. She bid goodbye and walked away.

 

As she walked away from them tears wouldn't stop falling, the 4 girls stared at her from afar with sympathetic eyes. She walked away wiping her tears. She got in her car and as soon as she closed the door her head fell onto the steering wheel. She drove out of the area.

 

ISEUL'S POV

 

As soon that I heard Hyorin's word that Myungsoo and Na Eun are dating I just dropped. Every hope of coming back to Myungsoo as his girlfriend just shattered. He moved on but why to my own best friend. Tears wouldn't stop pouring as I drove away from that place.

 

My heart is completely shattered to pieces. The guy I loved is in love with MY OWN best friend. 

 

Does he even remember me? The girl he used to love? The girl he’s been with since senior year of middle school? Did he forget me so easily?

 

Unanswered question ran into my mind. I look up from the wheel and saw 6 guys passing by and I was about to hit them. I immediately press the brake and the car stopped right in front of them. They all look at me shock.

 

I got out of the car and bowed at them immediately.

 

"I'm so sorry! It was my fault! I wasn't looking!" I apologized immediately and look up. The 6 guys gasped in surprise. I jumped in shock.

 

"Iseul!" They said and was about to come towards me. I immediately got back inside the car and sped off.

 

Those guys were Infinite without Myungsoo. I'm not ready to neither see them nor talk to them in this state when I'm all crying.

 

I look at the rearview mirror and they were long gone from my sight.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I was nearing home when I stopped at the front of a park near my house to fix myself. I wouldn't want to go back home looking like a crying mess. I look at the mirror and fix my make-up. I put on some concealer to hide my puffy eyes and fix myself. 

 

After fixing myself and trying to look normal not like a zombie. I went home.

I arrived and saw my mom gardening. My grandpa was drinking tea in the patio. I got out of the car and went in our garden.

 

"Oh, Iseul-as your back!” Her mom smiled I bowed and hugged her.

 

“How was the picnic?" She asked.

 

"It was fun! We catch up about things and stuffs." I answered happily.

 

"Oh okay. Go greet your grandpa." Mom said. I smiled and went towards my grandpa.

 

"Harabeoji! Annyeonghasseyo!" I greeted happily. He smiled at me and signaled me to come forwards. I walk towards.

 

"Aigoo! My little granddaughter has gone very pretty," He said and touched my face. I smiled. He looks at me in the eye and frowned.

 

“You’re not happy? Is there something wrong?" He asked. My grandpa really know how to read me. I shrug it off and smiled.

 

"Aniyo, I'm fine!" I said denying my feelings right then. My grandpa looks at me one last time and took a sip of his tea.

 

"If you said so, but remember grandpa is here." He said and touched my nose. I smiled and nodded.

 

"Deh! Kamsamihda Harabeoji! I'll go inside and rest for a bit." I said and bowed. I headed inside and went directly to my room.

 

The whole time that day when I was with my family I forgotten about Myungsoo like there's nothing wrong, but when I was about to sleep that night memories of him came flashing back and haunting me. I cried the whole time until I fell asleep.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How was it? Iseul finally found out! 

Hehehe! Please Comment and Tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading!

XOXO