Showcase Preparation

Jewels

Jaein's POV~

 

"So, for the showcase, each of you will be doing a solo of some sort.  Isul will be doing an original rap, Yoora will be singing a ballad, Haejin and Minah will both do their own singing/dancing performances." Kyungmi said.  "What about me?" I asked.  "I have a few questions before we choose what you are going to be doing.  So is it true that you know Chinese, Korean, and Japanese traditional dances?" She asked.  I nodded my head.  "You also know all types of fighting right?" She continued.  I nodded my head again.  "So we were thinking you could do some kind of traditional dance performance and an original dance performance.  Of course the others would be included in the traditional dance and Songhee will help with the dance number." Kyungmi explained.  "That sounds fun!" I said excitedly.  "Infinite could also make an appearance in the traditional dance since they're already going to be there as well and they will be doing a performance of Paradise and Be Mine." Kyungmi said.  "That sounds fun." Woohyun said.  "We'll talk more about this tomorrow, but for now just start thinking about your performance pieces.  Infinite will be here to help you and so will Minhee and Songhee." Kyungmi said.  Kyungmi got up and she had to get back to scheduling and paperwork.

 

Practice was cancelled for the rest of the day for Infinite and Jewels so we decided to head over to our dorm and start planning for the showcase.  We headed back in a van and when we got back we all took a little rest.  I did my homework and took a half hour nap.  Yoora woke me up and we all went into the living room while Haejin brought Infinite over.  I brought my laptop along with me and I turned it on.  While it was turning on, Haejin and Infinite came through the front door.  "Annyeong~" Sungyeol said as they sat down in the living room.  I loaded Youtube and wanted to show them an example of the traditional Chinese umbrella dance that I had thought of doing for the beginning of the traditional dance.  "The traditional dance performance should be pretty long right? Because all the dances that I know are pretty long..." I said.  I made a playlist of dances that we might do I showed it to everyone after I hooked up the laptop to the TV screen.  We watched and chose some dances that were easy enough but still amazing to watch.  Infinite would also be taking part in some of the fan dances which would be pretty interesting to watch.  I wanted to do the Chinese Ribbon dance and water sleeve dance with the rest of Jewels; and I wanted to do the Korean fan dance with Infinite and Jewels.  I was thinking of incorperating the other fan dance and the other dance with my solo in the traditional performance.  Out of all the traditional dances, the Chinese dances were the most interesting in my opinion and they all seemed so flowing and impressive. 

 

"Oh! I just remembered that I brought some of my traditional dance stuff with me!" I said, remembering that I had brought some stuff with me.  I rushed into Yoora and my room and I looked in my huge closet thingy for the box.  I found the box and brought it back to the living room.  Inside I had:

One long blue fan; five shorter fans; and one red paper fan.

Two long red ribbons; two peach ribbons; and two multi colored ribbons.

There was also one pink umbrella.

I also had a water sleeve outfit that I had gotten from a teacher who was retiring and it was too big for me then so it might just fit me now.

 

I pulled out the things one by one and set them on the table.  "So what do you think? Cool right?" I said.  I took the long red ribbon and twirled around with it around the living room, making sure I didn't hit anyone on accident.  "These fans are pretty cool." Isul said as she opened one of the shorter ones slowly.  "This outfit looks extremely valuable." Hoya said as he looked at the water sleeve outfit.  "Its an unused hand me down." I said.  "No wonder it looks so new and clean." Sungjong said.  We finished watching the rest of the videos and Haejin sent a text to Kyungmi about our choices for the traditional dance.  I took the box back to my room but I put it by the closet instead of inside it.   While Yoora and Haejin made dinner for us, Sungjong brought the dogs over and we played with them.  The next day during school, I tried to pay attention, but I ended up just planning out the traditional dance.  During lunch I ate my food in deep thought.
 

Yoora's POV~

 

All of us ate our lunch quietly as we watched Jaein who was extremely out of character.  "What's going on with her today? It seems so abnormal..." I asked Sehun.  "She has these thinking days sometimes when she's thinking about something important.  The longest it's lasted was three days." He whispered back.  "I guess she's thinking about the showcase performance." Isul whispered.  "Oh yeah, that must be it." I said.  She was probably thinking of a whole bunch of ways to work on the traditional dance.  Then Jaein pulled out the two peach colored ribbons from her backpack.  "Can someone record this? I have an idea..." She said.  Minhyuk pulled out his phone and went to his video app.  Jaein started to dance to no music and her body flow was amazing.  She kind of looked like she had no bones and she looked really water-like if that makes sense.  When she finished, we all clapped and she bowed slightly.  Then she went over and watched the video.  "Can you teach me how to use the fans?? They look really cool!" Isul said.  Jaein smiled and nodded as she got up to get fans from her bag.  "Come on, you should try too!" Isul said as she pulled me along with her. 

 

Jaein gave me a blue fan and I opened it carefully.  She showed us a little trick with the fan (the 'trick' she teaches them is this video 1:47-1:50 and then 1:40-1:41).  She ended up teaching all of us how to do it and we had to share the cool fans.  "Now that was cool!" Isul said.  We kept on practicing with the fans after lunch while Jaein was back into deep thought about the choreography for the showcase.  We walked to the company after school and we started with the vocal lessons first.  They only lasted an hour this time for the others, but they got an hour break while I stayed with Minhee and Kyungmi to go over what song I was going to be singing in the showcase.  We chose Because You're My Only from Man of Honor OST by Hyorin from Sistar.  I went to get changed and then we all met up at the practice room to start the dance planning for the traditional dance.  Infinite came and practiced with us as well since they were doing a fan fighting dance with Jaein.  Woohyun and Sunggyu were doing a song with me.  Dongwoo and Hoya were going to a rap song with Isul.  L and was going to sing his duet song Love U Like U with Minah.  Sungyeol and Sungjong were doing a song with Haejin.  Isul was going to do an original rap; Jaein was doing a dance at the beginning of the traditional part and another original dance; Minah and Haejin were doing individual song/dance performances; and I was doing the song.  We were also going to be performing our group's songs as well once we recorded them and came up with choreography for them too.  How in the world are we supposed to remember all this stuff?!

 

The show's order would be like this:

1. Opening

2. Jewel's songs (Mini album songs)

3. Infinite special appearance performance (Be mine and Paradise)

4. Individual performances (Jewels)

5. Specials (Jewels and Infinite)

6. Chinese Fan dance (Everyone)

7. Ribbon dance (Me, Isul, Jaein)

8. Umbrella dance (Minah, Haejin, Jaein)

9. Fight dance (Jaein, Infinite)

10. Individual traditional dance (Jaein)

11. Jewels Interview by Woohyun and Sungyeol

12. Ending

 

We practiced the some parts of the dances for the traditional performance that Jaein and Songhee choreographed until around 9:30 and Kyungmi brought us back to the dorms.  We all went to sleep almost immediately, but Kyungmi made sure we got ready before we crashed.  The rest of the week went by the same way, school during the day and then intense practices until around 9:30-10:30 at night.  On the weekend, we started to record songs and they all sounded good, no autotune or anything and they all had nice beats and they were not too catchy but they caught your ear.  We finished recording Sunday night and we would start practicing the choreography that Songhee comes up with on Tuesday.  These are the songs:

1. Intro

2. Crazy Day (Original by Blady)

3. Shake Ur Body (Original by Swincle)

4. Venus (Original by Hello Venus)

5. If (Original by SNSD's Taeyeon)

(Let's pretend these songs weren't sung by their the original singers but by Jewels.  If it is a song that a group happens to use as their title song, then pretend they didn't comeback with that artist/artist group didn't comeback or debut with that song)  We all had an equal amount of singing time and Minhee made sure of it.  The photo shoot for the album cover and booklet would be on Tuesday after school.

 

Monday went by slowly and so did school on Tuesday.  "So, are you going to help us model today Minah unnie?" Jaein asked.  Minah smiled in response but then shrugged. "I don't really know how I can help though..." she said.  "Oh, ok then, but I can't wait to see the set.  When are we filming a music video??" Isul asked.  We all talked about what we thought the stuff would be like and we had already figure out the choreography for the songs and it was actually really easy for us to remember the steps.  We got out of our van and Kyungmi took us into the studio.  "You guys will be shooting parts of the music video here today as well." Kyungmi said as we walked inside.  There was a gym set on one side of the room and a street set on the other side.  We were taken to costume and makeup after we met with the director and photographer.  We would take the pictures first; group photos in the gym and the street set, and individual shots in a plain white room.  Since our title song would be Crazy Day, we took pictures in the outfits for that song and then only a few with the other outfits for Shake Ur Body, Venus, and If.  I posed confidently when we did the individual shots and we all had fun with the group pictures.  We made funny poses and cute poses for the camera during the group shots.  Then when all the photos were finished, we moved onto the MV shoot.  We changed back into the Edge outfits and we danced on the sets as well as in the white room.  During the individual shots, we had to do them over a few times since we were all pretty nervous.  We watched the clips silently after they called cut and we fixed the problems easily.  "Okay! That's a wrap!" the director shouted after we were finished.  "Kamsamnida!" we said in thanks.  It was already 10:30 pm when we finished the whole thing and we crashed right after we got home.  I woke up the next morning to make lunch and breakfast for everyone.  We headed to school with full stomachs and our energy had come back after a nice night's sleep.  I went to class and looked out the window as I waited for the bell to ring. 

 

"You should become our permanent cook Yoora!" Isul said before she took another bite of food.  "Oh come on, Haejin definitely cooks better than me." I said.  "You're food has more taste, and I bet she would agree on that." Jaein said. "I don't want to wake up early every morning just to make food!!" I said with a pout.  "So cute!!" Sehun said as he pinched my cheeks.  "Oppa!" I shouted and I immediately frowned.  Then everyone laughed after they saw my sudden change in emotions.  "How do you do that?" Ilhoon asked.  Sehun let go of my cheeks and I rubbed them.  "It's kind of natural I guess." I said.  "Really?" he asked.  I nodded.  We continued to eat and talk until the bell rang.  "Do you guys want to see a preview of our showcase performances?" Jaein asked as we all walked to the practice rooms.  "Can we?" Sungjae asked.  "Sure why not! The actual showcase is next Friday so we need to practice in front of an audience first." Isul said.  We all headed to Jewels' practice room and Jaein gave us the fans that were using for the fan dance.  I pulled out my phone and plugged it into the speakers do we could hear the music better.  We danced in sync and when it was Minah or Haejin's part, we did funny improv.  "That was really cool!!" Minhyuk said once the song was over.  The others clapped and we joined them on the floor.  "What are you guys doing for your individual things?" Kai asked.  "I'm singing, Jaein is dancing, Isul unnie is rapping, and Haejin and Minah unnies are doing singing as well." I said.

 

After school, we had out first dance rehersal with those insane heels that they always wear.  "Are you sure about this?" Isul asked.  She looked a bit worried about the heels like she did when we were at the photo shoot and she had to wear them.  "Don't worry unnie, it just takes some getting used to." Jaein said.  "Let's hope your right..." She said.  Infinite came to watch our practice and when we compared heights, we were still shorter than all of them.  "Why are we so short?!" I shouted.  We all laughed and then Songhee told us to come over and start the practice.  We got into our starting position for Crazy Day and then the music started. 

Lyrics: (Color coded according to their ring colors)

saranghandago? ha….
ije geumanhaja.

neol ijeobeorilyeogohae
ije neoreul beorilyeogohae
ijen midjianheuryeogohae
neoui geu geojitmal

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal dorabeoril geotman gata

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal urinije yeogikkajiya

neujeun bam dasi kkeojyeoittneun ni jeonhwagi
nan hoksina neoui jipjjogeuro georeogatji

yeoksina utgo ittneun neol bogo marasseo
yae ddo nuguni haneuri muneojyeo

naman saranghandago
na bakke eobtdago
bbeonbbeonhan nimoseube
nan michyeobeorigesseo

Never Never Never Never motmidgesseo
neo neo neo neo neoui geojitmal nan jigyeowo
kkeojyeo kkeojyeo kkeojyeo kkeojyeo bogisirheo
dasin nae ape nanananatanajima

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal dorabeoril geotman gata

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal urinije yeogikkajiya

baby love love love saranghandago
baby sorry sorry sorry jigyeowotdago

black Lady
neon saranghan jeok mot bwasseo
neo geureoda keun kodachyeo
geojitmareun da jibeochyeo uri jom deo
black lady

dasineun dareun yeojan eobseul georan ni mal
hanbeon deo neoui geu mareul midgo marasseo

dasi badajwotdeon naega neomu huhoega dwae
neoreul midgo sipeotdeon naega michyeosseonnabwa

naman saranghandago
na bakke eobtdago
bbeonbbeonhan nimoseube
nan michyeobeorigesseo

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal dorabeoril geotman gata

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal urinije yeogikkajiya

heunhan geojitmal nalgatgo noldeon mal
nal baboro mandeun neo ijen da jiwobeoryeosseo

nan michyeobeorilgeot gatae nan dorabeoril geot gatae
yeogiseo uri geuman ggeutnae
deoneun pillyo eobseo ggeojyeobeoryeo NOW

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal dorabeoril geotman gata

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal urinije yeogikkajiya (Oo ooo oooo yeah)

neoddaeme michinnal
neoddaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun 
nal dorabeoril geotman gata~

neoddaeme michinnal
neottaeme michinnal
sangcheoman badeun
nal urinije yeogikkajiya

neoddaeme michinnal

 

"Wow... That was freaking scary." Isul said as she sat on the floor.  "That was amazing for a first time dancing in heels though unnie." I said.  She smiled.  "Why thank you." She said.  We all laughed.  "You guys are in better sync that us!" Sungjong said.  Silence.  "That can't be true!" Jaein said excitedly.  "Your guys did amazingly this time and personally I thinnk you guys were in better sync than them." Songhee said.  "Woo-hoo!!!!" Jaein and Isul shouted.  We all laughed again and then Songhee told us to take a break.  I grabbed a bottle of water and sat on the floor.  Once I sat down, I felt pain in my feet so I slid the heels off and I massaged my feet.  "Your feet hurt too?" Haejin asked.  "Just a bit." I said.  "At least we'll get used to this." She said with a smile.  "Yeah." I said smiling too.  Infinite left to practice their dances and we continued the dance practice until around 10:30.  "Put your feet in cold water for ten minutes and then in hot water for another ten minutes before you guys go to sleep tonight okay?" Songhee said while we were getting our stuff together.  "Neh!" We replied.  Kyungmi brought us back to the dorms and she prepared tubs of water for us while we got ready.  "1, 2, 3, ahhhhh." We all put our feet in on 3 and then we sighed at how nice it felt.  I set the kitchen timer for ten minutes and we did our homework.  After ten minutes were up, we switched the water with warm water.  "1, 2, 3, hott!!!" We put our feet in on 3 again and it was really really hot.  After two minutes, it cooled down a bit and we relaxed. 

 

______________________________________

Hi guys!! this is probably the only update for the weekend, but I work on the story when ever I can!! Plzzz subscribe and comment :D

- infinitesummer623