Meeting The Girls

Jewels

Jay's POV~

 

I woke up on Saturday and got ready for the meeting with the boss and the other new trainees.  I put on a casual outfit (without the ring) and hurried to the bus stop.  I rode the bus for about a good 45 minutes and then I got off in the heart of Seoul.  I the GPS app that I had on my iPhone and I followed the directions to the Woollim Entertainment building.  I stopped for a bagel and orange juice on my way there since I was early.  I walked through the busy streets of Seoul and I found my way to the company's building.  It looked professional and I walked into the lobby (I actually have no idea what the building looks like so I'm making it up).  "Annyeonghaseyo, may I help you?" The lobbist asked.  "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Jaein, where am I supposed to meet the boss at today?" I asked.  "Ah, welcome to the company Jaein-sshi, and you guys will be meeting in the first dance room on the third floor." She said with a smile.  "Kamsamnida." I said bowing and then I walked towards the elevators and I waited until I got to the third floor. 

 

Yoora's POV~

 

Someone tapped my shoulder and my eyes fluttered open.  "Miss, we have arrived already." The flight attendent said politely to me.  "Oh, already?" I asked.  She nodded and then left to wake up others who were still asleep on from the early morning flight.  I picked up my bag and walked to the front exit of the plane and went through the little tunnel to the airport.  My legs were a little wobbly even though the flight was only two hours.  I walked to get my luggage and I walked to the arrivals area.  The scouter had told me that someone would be at the airport waiting for me so I looked around.  Someone tapped my shoulder as I looked around and I saw a guy in front of me.  "Ahn Yoora-sshi?" He asked.  "Neh.  I'm Ahn Yoora." I said bowing.  "Annyeonghaseyo Yoora-sshi, I am here to take you to the Woollim building." He said.  "Follow me please." He said.  He took some of my bags and we walked to a van.  I sat in the back seat and my luggage went in the trunk.  He drove all the way to a four story building at the heart of Seoul and he helped me bring my bags inside.  It seemed I was the first one to show up since it was still pretty early.  The man left after he brought up all of my stuff and I waited in the dance room where the meeting was supposed to be held.  I looked in the mirror as I straightened my jacket and I reviewed my outfit in my head.  Then someone suddenly opened the door and I jumped in surprise. 

 

I looked over at the door and there were seven guys standing at the door; they also looked surprised.  "Ah, Infinite sunbaenims." I said.  "Who might you be?" Sunggyu asked.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Yoora ibnida, one of Woollim's newest trainees." I said proudly and I added a nice smile.  "Ahh, is that so.  What are you doing in here though?" He asked.  They piled into the dance room and stood next to each other.  "The person who picked me up from the airport told me that the meeting was in here." I said, starting to question whether this was the right room.  "He might have been wrong, I'm not completely sure." I added.  "This is most likely the right room, we were just checking." Sunggyu said.  I nodded my head and there was an awkward silence.  We were all standing in the room silently and then someone opened the door.  I jumped again in surprise and they were also surprised again.  "Is this where the meeting is?" a girl said.  She looked younger than me, but not by much.  She was wearing a maroon and white varsity jacket, a jean vest/shirt, faded light blue jeans, beige chunk sneaker style shoes with a panda backpack.  She was also holding a half eaten bagel in one hand and a bottle of orange juice in the other.  "This is where the meeting is." Sunggyu said.  "Okay, I thought I had stepped into the wrong room." She said with a relieved sigh and she walked in and stood on my left. 

 

"So...." She said.  We were still silent and I hadn't realized it until she said that.  "Ah, where are my manners, Ahn Yoora ibnida." I said, bowing to her.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jaein ibnida." She said smiling.  "Can we sit down hyung? My legs are starting to stiffen." Sungjong said.  We all laughed a little and sat down on the floor.  "So, who are you guys?" Jaein asked.  "Oh, you don't know us?" Sungyeol asked.  "I have a feeling you are a kpop group, but I don't usually listen to that kind of music." She said shyly.  They chuckled and then Sunggyu said, "We are Infinite.  My name is Kim Sunggyu, this is Nam Woohyun, Jang Dongwoo, Lee Howon or Hoya, Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo or L, and Lee Sungjong."  He pointed to the members when he said their names.  "Howon OR Hoya? Myungsoo OR L? I'm confused." She said with a truly confused expression.  "Their real names are Howon and Myungsoo, but their stage names that we use and the people call them are Hoya and L." He explained.  "But why change them? They are perfectly good names..." She said.  She thought about it and inflated her cheeks.  I had to admit she wasa good at the natural aegyo thing and it was pretty amazing.  "Wait, how old are you?" I asked her.  "I'm 16." She said, flashing a cute smile.  "I'm 17." I said.  "You guys are so young..." Sunggyu said as he felt old.  We all laughed and then the door opened again. 

 

Minnie's POV~

 

I woke up in the morning and washed up in the bathroom.  I looked at the clock and it read 9:30.  Okay, I still have time, the meeting doesn't start until 10:30.  I put on this outfit and walked to the small cafe down the street from my apartment.  I bought a chocolate chip croissant and a cup of hot chocolate.  As I walked from the cafe to the Woollim building, I picked up the latest CeCi magazine which was the one where the photo shoot with Infinite was in.  I was on the front page and it was one of the photos where I was sitting by the window before Infinite had arrived.  I stuffed it into my bag and I continued to eat and walk.  I walked up to the address that I had written on my wrist the night before and it was barely legible, but I could still read it.  I walked in and the woman in the lobby told me where to go for the meeting.  I finished eating the croissant in the elevator and I continued to sip my hot chocolate which was still piping hot. 

 

I walked down the hall to the room and I heard laughing coming from the room where the meeting was supposed to be held.  I turned the door knob and stepped inside the room.  There were two girls sitting across from Infinite on the floor and they all looked surprised.  "Minah!" Sungjong said.  He got up and hugged me.  "Hey guys." I said as I pried Sungjong's arms off of me.  "Hey Minah." Infinite said in unison.  The two girls looked at each other with curious faces.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Song Minah ibnida, one of the new Woollim trainees." I said with my signature smile.  "Ah! You're a model too aren't you!" The younger looking girl said in realization.  "Really?" the other girl asked.  I nodded and smiled again.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jaein ibnida, and this is Ahn Yoora." The younger girl said energetically.  "Hey." Yoora said with a slight hand wave and a smile.  "So how do you guys know each other already?" Jaein asked.  I pulled the magazine out and handed it to them.  "It came out already?" L asked.  "Yup, I picked it up on my way here. I haven't looked at it yet." I said.  I took a seat next to the girls and looked through the magazine which was placed on Yoora's lap since she was in the middle. 

 

We looked through the pictures and they all looked pretty good with all the words and other images around them.  We all talked for a while and then the door opened again. 

 

Isul's POV~

 

"UNNIE! YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE MEETING TODAY!" My sister shouted from down stairs.  I looked at the clock and it read 8:30.  I would take me half an hour to get ready, ten minutes to grab something to eat, and then an hour on the bus to get to the city.  I slowly got up and washed up in the bathroom.  I went back to my room and put together an outfit.  I walked down stairs and said good bye to my dad and my sister.  "See you later and good luck!" My sister said.  "Fighting!" My dad added.  I smiled and walked out the door.  I stopped by a cafe by the bus stop and I ordered some coffee and a breakfast sandwich.  I walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive.  I listened to my rap music as I rode on the bus and I almost fell asleep, but the bumps in the rode kept me awake.  I got off the bus and walked to the address that the scouter had told me to go to.  I looked up at the four story building and then somone tapped my shoulder.  "May I help you?" I asked as I turned around to see a girl.  She was wearing a red coat, a white shirt with a black heart in the middle, cream colored skinny jeans, black heels, and she had a blue jean backpack.  "Are you here for the Woollim meeting?" She asked.  "Neh, you too?" I said.  She nodded.  "My name is Lee Haejin, nice to meet you." She said and then she smiled.  "My name is Jang Isul, nice to meet you too." I said.  "Shall we?" She said.  We walked into the building together and the lobby person told us where to go.  "So how old are you?" I asked.  "I'm 19.  You?" She said.  "I'm 18." I said.  "Cool, so you can call me unnie." She said.  She was as tall as me, but since she was wearing heels, that meant she was a bit shorter than me since I was wearing heels too.  "Do you live near here?" I asked her.  "Actually I live pretty close." She said.  "I live quite a ways from here." I said.  "Really?" She asked.  I nodded.  "I'm actually from Busan, but I moved here to go to high school." She said.  We stepped out of the elevator and walked to the room. 

 

Yoora's POV~

 

Two girls stepped inside and they looked older than all of us.  I had found out that Minah was born a few months before me but we were the same age at the moment since it was early December.  "Is this where the meeting is?" The girl in the red coat asked.  We all nodded and they came inside the room.  "Omo, it's Infinite." The girl in the white jacket said.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite ibnida." They said.  We had all stood up and they bowed.  "Annyeongahaseyo, Kim Jaein ibnida, this is Ahn Yoora, and Song Minah." Jaein said.  We both waved and smiled.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Haejin ibnida, and this is Jang Isul." The girl in the red coat said.  They both bowed and then someone walked through the open door.  "Hello everybody, Lee JungYeop ibnida, I am the CEO here at Woollim." The man said.  We all bowed and then he told us to sit.  "Just a question, but why are we here?" Sunggyu asked after everyone was settled on the floor.  "I'll explain, but first I would like to have the girls introduce themselves.  Include anything you want." Jungyeop said.  "I'll go first." Jaein said excitedly.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jaein ibnida.  I am 16 years old, my birthday is June 23 and I was born in year 1996.  I love to dance and I go to Seoul Performing Arts Academy." She said with confidence.  She sat down and motioned for me to go.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Yoora ibnida.  I am 17 years old, I was born on August 25, 1995.  Singing is my strongest characteristic.  I go to, or well I went to, South Jeju High School." I said, just a bit shyly.  "My name is Song Minah, I am also 17, I was born on January 1, 1995.  I am a current model and I like to sing." Minah said.  "Hi! My name is Jang Isul, I am 18, born on September 1, 1994.  Rapping is my strong point.  I go to Kangnam High School." Isul said.  "Annyeonhaseyo, Lee Haejin ibnida, I am 19, born on March 5, 1993.  I like to sing and dance.  I am a senior at Seoul Foreign Language High School." Haejin said. 

 

"Okay, now that we all know a bit about everyone, how about we watch some videos of everyone's talents." Jungyeop said.  There was a projector and a white screen in the corner of the room and some of the Infinite guys helped him pull the stuff to the middle of the room.  Jungyeop took a laptop out from his messenger bag and hooked it up to the projector.  First we watched Haejin's video from when she sang with BAP.  She had a very distinct voice and it was soothing to listen to.  Then we watched the viral video of Isul rapping at lunch in the cafeteria at her school.  She could rap fast, slow, low, and at normal pitch, it was pretty amazing to see how fast she spouted the words out though.  She'd aslo be a pretty good song writer as well.  After that we looked at a short video of Minah singing and it looked like it was filmed recently.  She was a good singer too and she has the looks of a goddess so she could get by in the idol world.  Then we watched my performance at the talent show.  I watched it and it didn't sound bad.  Last, we watched Jaein's dance clips from the dance performance at her school.  She stood up and started to do the shuffle dance as it started and Hoya joined her.  She pulled of some amazing break dance moves at the show, but since she wasn't wearing sturdy shoes, we told her not to try any.  She sat back down and pouted as we watched the rest of her dance clips.  He didn't really know the moves, but he followed along well.  "So, Infinite, what do you think of their individual talents?" Jungyeop asked.  They all gave good responses and we were satisfied. 

 

"So, you guys will be forming a group by the end of the month.  We've postponed the debut time as far back as we can.  I know you guys will exceed our expectations, and Infinite will be helping you guys as well.  You guys will have to bring these contracts home to sign.  Yoora, do you have your contract?" he asked me.  Since I wasn't able to go home since I flew all the way here already, they had given me the contract in advance.  I had gotten it signed and the contract was actually perfect, there was nothing wrong with it and we got paid pretty well.  I took it out of my backpack and handed it to him.  "You guys will be moving next door to Infinite once you hand in the contract to us.  Practices will be in this practice room, vocal training will be upstairs in the recording rooms.  Isul, are you okay with moving schools?" He said.  She shifted in her spot, but she agreed.  "Good, you'll be attending Seoul Performing Arts School with Jaein and Yoora." He said.  He pulled out five small boxes and handed one to each of us.  "What are these for?" I asked.  "Open them and then I'll explain." He said.  We opened them and inside were rings, each with a different jewel in the middle.  "Your group name is Jewels and each of you will represent a jewel.  You guys better not loose these rings because they are 100% real." He said.  We slid them onto our fingers and they all fit perfectly.  I got a yellow topaz ring; Jaein got a blue sapphire ring; Minah got a clear diamond ring; Isul got a dark green emerald ring; and Haejin got a red ruby ring.  They all looked amazing and we stared at them for a while.  "I feel like I'm getting married now since its a diamond ring..." Minah said.  We all laughed.  "Thank you!" The five of us said and we bowed.  "No problem, just make sure to always wear them everywhere, even in water.  Oh, can you guys bring Yoora over to the dorms and then she can tag along with you guys if you have any schedule." Jungyeop said.  Sunggyu nodded and then he left after giving the other girls contracts. 

 

The five of us exchanged numbers.  "Okay, I'll see you guys at school on Monday." Isul said, and then she got into a taxi cab that would take her home.  We waved as she drove off and then Jaein, Minah, and Haejin took the bus.  "We just finished putting your stuff in the van, are you ready to go?" Woohyun said as he came over to me.  I nodded and smiled.  We walked to the car and the others were already inside.  I squished in between Woohyun and Hoya on the way to the dorms.  "How do you guys all fit in this tiny van?" I asked.  I squirmed around trying to get comfy, but it just wouldn't work so I gave up.  I was definitely aware that they were all invading my personal bubble, but they didn't have a choice.  We drove and they talked about their nsongs.  They taught me the chorus arm movements and since it was so packed in the back seat, Sungyeol accidentally hit L with his arm.  We all started laughing and my stomach started to hurt from the laughter.  "Okay guys we're here." Sunggyu said from the passenger seat.  We all got out of the cramped van and they helped me bring my bags up to the dorm.  "This is the dorm room that you guys will be staying in." Sunggyu said as we got out of the elevator and stopped at the last room in the hallway.  "Our dorm rooms are right next door so when we're here you guys can come over whenever you want.  You know to just hang out and play with the dogs." Woohyun said.  I nodded and Woohyun handed me the five keys to the dorm and we headed inside. 

 

"Wow, it looks like its bigger than ours." Dongwoo said.  We took our shoes off in the entrance way and walked into the empty dorm.  There wasn't any furniture what so ever, but at least the kitchen and bathrooms had the things that were needed.  "It's so empty!!!" Sungjong shouted.  We laughed and I looked around the dorm.  There were three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room.  There were balconies in each bedroom and the living room and the view was pretty nice.  I went out onto the balcony of one of the rooms and I just looked out at the view for a while.  "Hey." Someone said from behind me.  "Ah!" I shouted.  I was surprised and scared at the same time but when I turned around, I saw Woohyun laughing.  "Yah! I almost fell off the balcony!" I said.  "No you didn't." He said.  He was still smiling and he walked over next to me.  "So what's up?" He asked.  "I can't believe I'm actually going to be a singer.  The idea never even crossed my mind before." I said and I started out over the balcony at the buildings.  "Seriously? With that good of a voice?" He asked, seeming surprised.  I nodded.  "Yeah, I'd never thought about anything like this before." I said.  "That's interesting." He said.  "So how about you? What's up?" I said.  We talked for a while and we talked about things like, favorites, memories, etc...