Episode 2 : Part 2

Jewels

Yoora's POV~

 

"So what are we doing today?" Isul asked.  "This episode is going to be a Running Man special.  Our first game is going to be the Photo Zone Game, do you guys know that one?" Hyori said.  "So that's why Gary's here." I said.  They all started laughing.  "Wasn't he like 'Peaceful Gary' or something?" Jongkook said.  We all laughed again.  Then the PD called cut and we had to get changed into different clothes.  Jaein was wearing a cookie monster hat and she put her hair up in a ponytail, letting the ponytail go throught the hole in the back of the hat.  Isul did a french braid for my hair and she put hers in a bun.  The Running Man guests wouldn't be participating, but they would be commentors on the games that we play.  The crew was setting up a platform in the pool where we would be playing the first few rounds of the game on.  We were given hot chocolate and fruits to energize ourselves before we played the game.  When everything was set up, we stood  by the edge of the pool and Hyori, and the Running Man guests were sitting on a comfortable platform with cushions and everything.  "They get to peacefully eat while we play this tiring game..." I said.  We all laughed and then Hyori explained the game to us.  "Let's take a jumping picture when we all jump in at the same time." Jaein suggested.  We agreed and everyone was discussing what to do as a pose.  "Everyone should just do something of their own..." Isul said.  "Are you guys ready?" Hyori asked.  "NEH~!" We shouted.  "1, 2, 3!" On three we all jumped into the air and did a pose and the photographer took the photo.  We all fell into the water which was only about 5 feet deep.  We looked at the picture which was displayed on the TV screen.  Everyone started laughing because of how funny we looked.  Everyone was doing their own little thing: I was doing a heart with both of my arms over my head; Jaein was doing a jump kick pose; Isul was doing two peace signs; Xiumin was doing his baozi face; Chanyeol was doing a creeper face; Baekhyun was doing his 'y' pose with one hand in his hair; Kai was also doing a 'y' pose; Eunkwang was doing an opera singer pose with his mouth open; and the others were doing weird jumping poses. 

 

"Start!" Hyori shouted and we all made our way to the platform.  Guys from opposite teams pushed thier opponents off and we all tried to get on before the picture was taken.  I climbed on top of Kai and he tried to throw me off and we both ended up falling back in the water.  We got back on and I flashed a smile while pushing him off again right when they took the picture.  We all slumped down and looked at the screen.  Everyone started laughing again and so did the guests.  "Unnie! You look so calm while pushing Kai off the platform." Jaein said while laughing.  "Mian~ Kai." I said while giving him a hug.  His expression in the picture was really funny too.  Our team won that round since almost all of us were in the photo.  The next round we had to smile and Isul's team won that round.  We did a couple more rounds and then the game ended and Isul's team won.  It was around 5 pm and we got a break.  We all got dried off and we were given different outfits for our next game.  We got the jumpers that they usually wear when they play the Bells and Seek game.  We also got white 'Newbies' shirts and shorts to wear under the jumper.  The three of us wore the jumper the same way (the way Jo Kwon, Yonghwa and Ji hyo wear it in the picture).  We went inside to change and the stylists helped us with our microphones.  They also put on our nametags on the backs of the shirts which meant we would be playing Bells and Seek. 

 

The camera was rolling again and we were in the house now.  "So as you can see, they are dressed up in the mission outfits." Hyori said.  "The five of us will be watching what you guys are doing through the live stream from the cameras the VJs will be using." Jongkook said.  "You guys will be going to Pulguksa Temple and the mission will take place there." Hyori said.  "Which team would like to be the chasing team and which team would like to be the mission team?" Jihyo asked.  "Let's be the mission team." I said.  "Yeah I want to find stuff." Jaein said, which made us all laugh.  "No objections?" Hyori asked.  We all agreed and Isul's team was going to be the chasing team.  Our team headed off first and we all got into a white van.  There were cameras set up in the van.  We each were given walkie talkies and my phone vibrated.  I took it out of the pocket and it was a message from the PD.  It was a message about the mission and it gave us area locations for where the things we were supposed to find would be. 

 

Mission!

Solve the puzzles at each of the Treasure locations and find all of the treasures before time runs out. 

Location 1: Dabotap Pagoda Seokgatap Pagoda

Location 2: The Yeonhwago and Chilbogyo Bridges

Location 3: The Cheongungyo and Baegungyo Bridges

Location 4: Vairocana Buddha Statue

Location 5: Amitabha Buddha Statue

Location 6: Sarira Pagoda (stone lantern area)

 

I read the message outloud as we were being driven to the place.  The driver said it wouldn't take too long to get there.  Jaein and I kept on making faces at the cameras and some of the others joined in as well.  When we arrived, we planned which sub group would search what areas.  Jaein's group: Jaein, Minhyuk, and Chanyeol.  My group: Me, Xiumin, and Baekhyun.  Jaein's group went to the first three locations and we went to the last three.  We first tried to find a map so we could find out where the areas were and then we split up. 

 

While we made our way over to the first statue, we ran over and we looked all around the statue for the puzzle.  "Found it." Baekhyun said.  We brought the rubiks cube box behind the statue with us so we weren't in view from anyone who entered the area and the VJs followed us.   "Where's Luhan when you need him?" Xiumin asked.  "This one looks pretty easy..." I said as I picked up the box.  It was way larger than a regular rubiks cube but it was still the 3x3x3.  I twisted and turned the box around and after about five minutes of silence and solving it was finished.  "Done!" I said and then when I set it on the floor, the side that was up opened like a box.  "What's inside?" I asked.  We looked in and there was a small treasure box inside.  We took it out and put it in the messenger bag.  "Vairocana statue clear." I said into the walkie talkie.  I got a text message saying that Ilhoon and Ren were out.  "Nice, we cleared the first location." I heard Jaein respond.  Then we suddenly heard bells.  The three of us froze.  "Dang that's scary." I said.  "I think my life was just shortened by 10 years..." Baekhyun said.  We ran quietly and hid in the dark areas in the area that surrounded the Vairocana statue.  I saw Kai and Baekho enter the area and they looked around.  Kai and Baekho were closing in on Baekhyun's area, and I could see Xiumin watching them from his spot with his VJ.  The two of them looked around Baekhyun's area but it was too dark for them to see him.  They looked around from the middle of the room where the statue was and then they left.  We waited for their bell sounds to get faint and then I stuck my head out to check if it was clear.  "That was so close..." Baekhyun said.  "I swear, he looked into my eyes, but he didn't see me." He added.  "Let's hurry to the other statue." I said. 

 

We were running towards the next statue and then Kai and Baekho popped out of nowhere.  I screamed a little and then we started laughing.  Since I had the messenger bag, Xiumin and Baekhyun sheilded me.  Kai aimed at Baekhyun and Baekho aimed at Xiumin.  "Find the next one!" Xiumin shouted and then I sprinted off away from them and I headed towards the next statue with the VJ following close behind.  "This show is way too insane." I said to the camera.  I looked at the picture of the map that I had on my phone and I made my way quietly to the statue room.  When I got there, I found a Rubik's Twist on the floor in front of the statue.  I picked it up and found a card that said to make it into a cobra shape.  I've done these before so I finished it easily and then when I finished it one of the triangles opened up and inside was a small key.  Then I got a text message saying that Eunkwang was out.  I put it into the bag and then my phone vibrated again.  The message said: Baekhyun-ssi, Xiumin-ssi OUT  I sighed in disappointment.  I headed back out out and made my way to the last area.  I got another message saying that Jaein and Minhyuk were out as well.  I decided to stop by the 'jail' and drop off the stuff so I wouldn't have to carry it. 

 

(This is how it goes: Location 1 (L1)'s key opens L2's box, inside that box is a clue.  L3's key opens L4's box that has another clue.  L5's key opends L6's box.)

Jaein's POV~

 

We were escorted to the 'Jail' and when we got there, we found Ilhoon, Eunkwang, Xiumin, and Baekhyun there as well.  "We only have two people left on our team..." Minhyuk said.  "We still have Isul, Baekho, and Kai." Ilhoon said.  We sat down and the crew gave us some snacks.  It was already around 6 and our team only had 1/3 left of it.  Suddenly Yoora burst into the room.  "Hey guys, just thought I'd drop by." She said.  She handed us the things that she had found and we put them together with what we had found.  We had just gotten to the second location and then Kai and Baekho came our of nowhere.  Chanyeol grabbed the puzzle and ran while we were left as sacrafices... The first thing we got was a key.  The four of us huddled around the three things that were found.  None of the keys worked so we gave up.  After a while, Yoora came back, with Chanyeol and they dropped off another box and another key.  "We cleared the 2nd and 3rd locations."  They said.  The key that my sub group found opened the new box we got from them and inside was an SD card.  The box that Yoora's group had found was opened by the new key and inside was a cryptex.  We had one key left and it was 15 minutes until time was up.  We got another message saying that Chanyeol, Baekho, and Isul were out.  The three of them arrived at the 'Jail'.  I put the SD card into my phone and a message popped up that and one of Jewel's songs started to play.  "Why is our song playing?" I asked.  "It's supposed to be a clue right?" We sat there for another five minutes and then Yoora burst into the room.  "Give me the key!" She said.  I tossed it to her and she opened it.  "JEWEL." was written on a piece of paper.  "Toss me the cryptex." She said.  Xiumin tossed it to her and then we heard the bell fro Kai's shoes.  "I'll be back." She said and then she ran out of the 'jail' with a VJ behind her. 

 

Yoora's POV~

 

I ran as I entered the word Jewel into the cryptex and Kai was only a few steps behind me as he chased me around the temple.  "I opened it~!" I shouted and then the two of us slowed down.  The people in the 'Jail' had followed us and we all crowded around to see what was inside the cryptex.  Inside the cryptex was a flashdrive.  "What are we supposed to do with this?" I asked.  The PD told us that we would have to wait until we got back to the house to see what was on the flashdrive.  When we got back, we plugged the flashdrive into the large screen where our pictures were displayed on earlier and then a video started to play.  It was a shout out video from all of our sunbaes and it was pretty heartwarming and stuff.  At the end there were short shout outs from our parents as well.  I teared up when I remembered my parents back in Jeju and so did some of the others.  Dinner was prepared for us and that was the end of our Running Man experience for that episode.  We all went to sleep in the room from before and I fell asleep easily.  The next morning there was a quiz and it must've been pretty funny to watch since we were all still half asleep.  We went home afterwards and since Minah and Haejin were still working on a photo shoot in Malaysia with B.A.P, they wouldn't be back until the next day.