Rap and Ms.Leader

Jewels

Isul's POV~ 

The lights were flashing and the people were dancing.  The yearly went was in full swing once again.  "Okay guys, who's ready for our annual rap contest?" the DJ asked from his spot at the DJ stand.  The people cheered.  "First, I would like to welcome last year's champion back to the stage, come on out Jang Isul!" the DJ said.  I stood up from my seat on one of the leather couches and made my way over to the stage.  I jumped onto the stage and the DJ tossed me a mic.  "Hey guys, what's up?" I asked.  They cheered.  "So thanks for bringing me back here and I can't wait to see what kind of awesome competition I have this time!" I said.  I bowed and tossed the mic back to the DJ.  Teenagers went up in groups or individually and they all rapped surprisingly well.  "Our final performance is here, welcome back to your stage, Isul!" the DJ said. 

 

I started to rap my newest freestyle composition that I had come up with at school that day and I owned the stage yet again.  "Whoa, I think that was pretty amazing don't you think guys?" the DJ asked.  The people clapped and cheered for me and I got off the little stage in the middle of the dance floor.  "Now it's time to vote.  Text your choice to this number right here and we will calculate the vote shortly.  But for now enjoy yourselves." the DJ said.  Everyone texted their votes and we waited for the winners to be announced.  We all danced together on the dance floor and everyone had an awesome time.  At around 8:30 the DJ announced the winners.  Third place went to this duo of two boys who did really well, but it was most likely their first time since they made a couple of mistakes.  Second place went to this thug looking guy who seemed to have a passion for rapping like me.  "And I think we all know who won first place.  You've taken the stage once again Isul!" the DJ said.  Everyone cheered loudly and I did a mini encore.  Since it was a school night, I only stayed out until ten and then went back home.  'Guess who won at tonight's rap fest???? ME!!!' I typed, I pressed the button on the page and I updated my twitter with a picture of me and the medal I had gotten.  People started commentating on the picture saying 'Nice job!' 'I saw you earlier!' 'you took the stage once again!'.  And I smiled at the comments. 

 

The next morning I woke up to my alarm and I rolled around in my bed as I tried to turn the alarm off.  "Hurry up unnie! Breakfast is getting cold!" my little sister shouted from outside my door.  "Stop shouting!" I said.  I turned over an looks at my clock.  6:45.  AHHHHH! Crap I'm gonna be late.  I shot out of my bed and grabbed my uniform to change into after I washed up in the bathroom.  I've always been on time, but sometimes I would slip up especially after a late night rap contest in the middle of no where.  I washed up and put the uniform on and hurried down stairs.  My hair was still a bird's nest, but I combed it on my way down the stairs.  "I'm leaving now!" I shouted.  I grabbed the piece of cold toast from my plate and an apple before I ran out the door.  I barely made it before the bus left my stop and I caught my breath as I found an empty seat to sit in.  A lot of students who go to my school take the same bus so I knew everyone on the bus.  They all talked to me at once and I was overwhelmed for the morning.  As soon as the bus stoped at the right bus stop I jumped out and hurried to my locker, with a half eaten piece of toast in my mouth.  "Yah! Isul-ah! You're going to choke if you run with food in your mouth." my friend said as I caught my breath at my locker.  "Whatever." I said.  I tossed some books into the locker and walked quickly to my class as I finished eating my toast.  The bell rang before I got there and I burst into the room a second after the bell rang.  "AISH!" I said, as the teacher told me to wait outside.  "It rang and then half a second later she came inside!" One of my class mates said.  Everyone agreed.  "Fine, just this time, you're lucky to have such caring friends Isul." The teacher said.  I fist pumped the girl and I went over to my seat by the window. 

 

School was pretty boring and I kept on looking out the window, day dreaming about nothing.  "I heard that there was another rap contest coming up on friday night at Spectaular, are you gonna compete?" The guy next to me asked during our break.  "I don't know, I've been slacking at my work lately, I don't think I should go this time.  I mean I already won last night's gig at Justices." I said plainly, twirling my hair around my pencil.  "Really? Cool." He said.  We talked a little and he asked me to rap a little for him.  I did a little piece that came into my mind at the moment and he applauded.  "You are good." he said.  "Have you ever thought of going into the music industry?" He asked.  "Not really, I don't think of fame and fortune, I just think of having fun." I said.  "Really? You'd be perfect in one of those girl groups." The girl behind me said.  "Aniooo, I'd screw up all the time anyways." I said.  "Well, I bet sooner or later some scouter is gonna track you down and beg you to join their company." The guy said.  We all laughed and then the bell rang. 

 

During lunch I went down to the cafeteria and my friend had brought some speakers since she needed them for a project.  "Hey Isul, why don't you rap a little? You know, lunch time entertainment?" She asked.  "Why not?" I said accepting.  The beat started to play and everyone was listening and clapping along to the beat.  I rapped three different songs and little did I know that people were recording me.  After school I walked home and stopped by the grocery store to get some food.  I walked into the store and I heard myself singing.  "What in the world?" I said.  "Where did you get this song?" I asked the cashier.  "It was on the internet and it sounded good." He said.  "What? The internet? Who put me on the internet?" I asked.  "You?" He asked.  "Yeah, me.  Could you not play that song please, I sang it during lunch today at school." I said.  "Aww, okay fine." He said.  He went to the computer and switched it to some other song.  "Thanks." I said.  I grabbed some pasteries, chips, a sandwich, and some ingredients for dinner and then I paid.  I walked out of the store and headed home. 

 

I logged onto my computer at home after I ate dinner that night and I had gotten a whole bunch of notifications on my twitter regaurding my lunch event from earlier.  I clicked on the links to Youtube and my rapping had gone viral already.  "What in the world..." I muttered.  "Unnie! Someone's on the phone for you!" My sister shouted from down stairs.  "OKAY!" I shouted back.  I went over to my night stand which had the landline phone and I pressed the talk button.  "Hello?" I asked.  "Hello, is this Jang Isul?" The person asked.  "Neh, and who might you be?" I asked cautiously.  "I work as a scouter from Woollim Entertainment and we wanted to know if you would like to become a trainee for our music company." He said straight out.  "Ummm..." I said.  "Just call us back when you have an answer, we didn't expect you to have an answer ready right when we called you so take your time." He said.  "Ahh, neh, kamsamnida." I said.  I wrote down the phone number and hung up the phone. 
 

That night at dinner I talked about it with my dad.  "I think it would be a great opportunity for you.  Why don't you call them now?" He said.  "Really?? Awesome.  Thank's for the meal!" I said.  I got up and put my dinner dishes away in the sink and I hurried up to my room and dialed the number.  "Hello, Woolim Entertainment."  The person on the other end said.  "Hello, this is Jang Isul." I said.  "Ahh, have you made your decision yet?" He asked.  "Neh, I would like to join as a new trainee for Woollim." I said confidently.  "Wonderful!  We will contact you in a couple days so you can meet up at the company with the other new trainees." He said.  "Thank you for giving me the chance." I said.  We hung up and I squealed as I jumped on my bed.  "I am going to be famous!!!!" I shouted.  "Keep it down!!" My sister shouted.  I was to happy to care though. 

 

I posted on my twitter that I had been scouted to be a Woolim trainee and soon hundred of my followers congratulated me.  'You're so lucky!!' 'You might get to work with INFINITE!' 'You deserve it!' People said encouraging things and if someone said something bad, I sent them something even worse back.  I signed off and then went to sleep after I got ready.  "I can't wait to see how this goes..." I said

 


_____________________

 

Haejin's POV~

 

"Move it to the right a little bit.  STOP! Okay, tape it up.  What are you doing over there? Get back to work please..."  I was working on setting up a dance and these people did not know how to follow directions.  "Unnie! Is this enough balloons?" a girl asked.  She had ten balloons blown up.  "No, we need A LOT more." I said.  She sighed and her friend helped her out.  "Let's take a break guys, come back in like half an hour, and if you're not back, you won't be getting those service ours." I said.  The crew filed out of the ball room and made their way to places and I just sat down at a table alone.  I some music and started to use the air pump to blow the balloons up.  I sang to the song and kept on inflating balloons.  The half an hour was up and everyone was back inside the room.  "Okay guys, let's get back to work." I said.  We put our hands in the middle of our little huddle and shouted 'FIGHTING!' and then went to work again. 

 

That night, I got off the bus and headed to my house.  Then someone bumped into me and I closed my eyes, waiting to feel my head hit the concrete but it never happened.  "You can open your eyes." The person with a very low and husky voice said.  I opened one eye and I found myself looking at a surprisingly handsome guy.  "Sorry about that, I should have watched where I was going." I said.  I stood up straight and straightened my jacket.  "Don't be sorry, it was my fault." He said, giving me a killer smile.  I kept my cool on the outside, but inside I was slowly loosing my sanity.  "What is your name?" He asked.  "Kim Haejin." I said.  "That's a nice name..." He said.  "Thanks." I said.  "My name is Bang Yongook." He said.  "Nice to meet you." I said, bowing.  "Same." He said.  He bowed too and when I lifted my head I accidentally bumped heads with him.  We looked at each other and laughed.  "I have a feeling that whenever I see you again, we will literally bump into each other many times." He said.  I nodded and smiled.  "Do you want to get something to eat? I know this good cafe around here." he asked.  "Sure." I said.  We walked together down the street and he took me to a little cafe and we ordered some drinks.

 

We talked together and he walked me home afterwards.  "Thanks again for the hot chocolate." I said when we reached my apartment.  "No problem. Do you live alone?" He asked, noticing that this building only had one bedroom apartment rooms.  "Yeah, my parents live in Busan.  I moved out here because I wanted to live in the city." I said.  "Cool.  You don't have a Busan accent though." He said.  "Yeah, it kind of wore off, but sometimes it comes back again out of no where..." I said.  "What does it take to make it come back?" he asked.  "I have no idea, just at the weirdest moments it comes back." I said.  I thought about it and the accent really did only come back at the most awkward times.  "Oh, I was hoping to hear it." He said.  I smiled.  "Maybe it'll come back again sometime." I said.  "That gives me an excuse to see you again." He said.  I laughed again.  "What's your number?" He asked.  "XXX-XXX-XXXX" I said.  He typed it into his phone and he snapped a picture of me when I wasn't looking.  "Heyy!" I said.  "I'll see you around Haejin-ah!" He said.  He ran off down the street and turned the corner.  

 

The next few days he hadn't contacted me, but I had been busy with the dance preperations.  The day of the dance came and my friends and I were getting ready at my house.  Since it was a masquerade dance I was wearing a fancy dress and a mask to match with it.  We drove down to the ball room and entered the scene.  "Who are those guys?" My friend asked, motioning to six guys with blond hair.  "I have no idea." I said.  Then one of the took their masks off and I recognized him immediately.  "Yongook!" I said quietly.  "The guy from BAP!" people shouted after seeing his face.  He winked over in my direction and girls swooned thinking it was for them.  "Do you know him?" My friend asked.  "Kinda, he bumped into me when I was going home the other night."  I said.  "Woww, you lucky girl." She said, elbowing me.  I laughed and we went to supervise the dance. 

 

"Tonight we have a special performance by the one and only B.A.P!" The DJ said.  People cheered and applauded as they went up to the stage.  "We are going to sing our song Secret Love, but first where is Lee Haejin-sshi." Yongook said.  "Me?" I asked.  People pushed me forward and I took off my mask.  "Why do you need me?" I asked him.  "You are going to sing the girl's parts." He said, handing me a mic.  "I've heard you sing, remember at the cafe?" He said.  "Oh, yeah, but that was nothing." I said.  "Come on, for me???" He asked.  "Haejin! Haejin!" People started to shout.  "Okay, okay." I said.  They sang the song and I sang the girl's parts as well. 

 

The people applauded and cheered when the song ended.  "Haejin noona! You sing really well." Zelo said.  "Thanks!" I said happily.  Then someone came up to me and handed me a business card.  "Your singing was very good, we would like to know if you wanted to join Woollim Entertainment." the man said.  "Huh?" I said.  "They want to scout you as a trainee for their company." Yongook said.  "Oh..." I said.  "Call us when you have an answer." He said polietly.  Then he left.  "That was weird..." I said.  I looked at the card and then put it in the ribbon of my dress so I wouldn't loose it. 
 

I called the company that night and told them I wanted to join and become a trainee.  "That's wonderful! We will call you in a couple days so you can get aquainted with the other new trainees." He said.  We hung up and I got ready for bed.