First Episode of Newbies~

Jewels

Yoora's POV~

 

It's been a few days since our first debut, and we've successfully debuted on all four of the music shows.  Infinite won #1 on each of them as well.  "After today, our schedule are completely filled.  This is the regular schedule that you guys will have when you aren't doing anything 'special'.  Minah you have tutoring for two hours everyday, then you have a modeling job twice a week, on the other days you will be taking extended vocal and dancing lessons when you aren't appearing on a show.  Haejin, you will have school from 8am-1pm every week day, then you will join Minah with the lessons and shows.  You might also being doing model jobs for magazines with Minah if you want.  Isul, Yoora, and Jaein, you guys have school from 8am-2:30pm, then you will join them with the lessons.  You guys might be pulled out of school for schedules, or you might not go to school if it is an early show or something like that." Kyungmi explained to us at the company on Monday after school.  "This week you guys have a special schedule because you guys are going to be on the new rookie idol show called 'Newbies'.  EXO, BtoB, and Nu'est will be there with you guys.  It's an overnight thing and you'll be on the show as the regulars along with the guys, but if you guys have some other thing to do that week, not all of you guys will be at the filming." She said.  "The filming will start tomorrow after school and you guys won't be going to school on Wednesday." Kyungmi said.  "Also, the showcase is coming up, we moved it to the weekend after this weekend since Infinite isn't able to make it this weekend." She added.

 

Practice that day went by as usual and we were tired when we got home.  I made breakfast and lunch the next morning and we all went to school while Minah went to a photo shoot.  "Oppas!" I shouted as I saw Sehun and Kai walking in the halls.  "Oh, hey Yoora!" Sehun said happily.  "Are you excited for tonight?" I asked as we walked to our classroom.  "Oh yeah, we are filming a show with you guys aren't we." Kai said.  "Is it only EXO-K that is going?" I asked.  "All twelve of us are going.  Why? Do you like someone in EXO-M better than us?" Kai asked.  "Xiumin's kinda cute..." I said.  Sehun then attempted Xiumin's cheek aegyo, causing Kai and I to laugh.  We went to class and sat in our seats.  The day went by quickly and we talked about the show during lunch and we were all excited.  Kyungmi picked us up from school and we headed to the dorms to pick up anything that we might need.  "Did you just say pajamas are going to be provided?" Isul asked.  "Yeah." Kyungmi said.  "I have a bad feeling about that..." I said.  After we gathered everything, we changed.  These are our outfits:

(Isul)

(Haejin)

(Jaein)

(Yoora)

(Minah)

 

We walked out of our dorm and there was a PD and two VJs with cameras in the hallway.  "Annyeonghaseyo Jewels ibnida!" We said after all five of us were in the hallway.  We bowed and did the hand signs and then they followed us to the car.  There were cameras installed on the ceiling of the car and on the backs of the seats.  "Whoa.. This is definitely unusual." Jaein said.  The PD and VJs got into the other car and followed us.  "Kyungmi unnie, where are we going??" Isul asked.  "I can't tell you..." She said.  "Why not??" Jaein asked.  She was literally an aegyo machine at the moment and she didn't even know it.  "My lips are sealed." Kyungmi said.  We sighed and listened to the radio the whole way there. 

 

It took us about 45 minutes to get to the place and it seemed like it was in the middle of no where.  "I have to drop you guys off here." Kyungmi said as she stopped on the empty road and the doors opened.  We stepped out and then she drove away quickly.  "Kyungmi unnie!!!" We shouted.  The VJs and the PD were there with us.  "What are we supposed to do now?" I asked.  "Just keep walking and you'll arrive at your destination soon." The PD said.  We sighed and walked on the long deserted road.  "How much longer?" Minah asked after a while.  "Is it that house over there?" I asked, pointing to the large mansion looking house by the beach. 


The PD just nodded and we became excited.  "Uwahhh~ we get to film here every week!!" I said excitedly.  We walked to the front entrance and the PD gave us a key.  "You guys will keep that key for the rest of the season so make sure you don't loose it." He said.  "Neh." We said.  I unlocked the door and we stepped into the little entrance and there were already a whole bunch of shoes in the entrance and we found a little corner to put our shoes in neatly.  We could hear people talking and the PD told us to wait a little.  "The filming has already started, but that's how we planned it.  So when we tell you to come in, just enter through these double doors right here." The PD said.  We nodded.  They took our stuff to the rooms and the staff members helped us put on those small microphones that attach to your clothes.  "Okay... Go now." The PD said.  We entered through the double doors and we entered a huge room that had different colored lights on the walls. 

All of EXO, BtoB, and Nu'est were there sitting in a large circle on cushions that looked really comfortable.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Jewels ibnida!" the five of us said together.  I saw Boom, Lee Hyori, and Simon D sitting in the middle of the boys, so I figured that they would be our hosts/hostess for the show.  "Omo, this room is really cool..." Jaein said as we walked over to them.  We all laughed a little from her late reaction to the room.  "So, we finally have our full cast here now, but first we are going to ask Jewels some questions like we have done to the other groups.  The five of us were given seats on Boom's side and we managed to fit.  "So, you guys are from the same company as Infinite?" Hyori asked.  "Neh, we performed with them as well, and they will be appearing in our showcase as well." Haejin said.  "I see that you guys all have these identical rings and they also sort of match your outfit colors today as well." Simon said.  "Ah, these?" I asked, holding up my hand and showing the ring.  "The company gave them to us.  Our group's name is Jewels and they thought that each of us should represent a different jewel or gem.  I represent topaz, Isul represents emerald, Haejin represents ruby, Minah represents diamond, and Jaein represents sapphire." I explained.  Everyone nodded as they understood.  "I also heard that your trainee period was extremely short, is that true?" Boom asked.  "Neh, actually we pretty much didn't have a trainee period to tell the truth.  The company wanted to get us out and on the shows as soon as possible.  We all have had some sort of experience with the performing arts, for example, Jaein has been going to the performing arts school with some of these guys here before the two of us joined." Isul explained.  "Can we have a mini introduction from each of you guys?" Hyori asked.  We all looked at Haejin and she sighed with a smile.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Haejin ibnida.  I am the leader of Jewels.  I am currently 19 years old and my birthday is March 5, 1993." She said.  "Song Minah, or Minnie, ibnida.  Jewels' visual.  I am currently 17 years old and my birthday is January 1, 1995."  "Hi~ Kim Jaein, or Jay, ibnida.  I am Jewels' lead/main dancer.   I am currently 16 years old and my birthday is June 23, 1996."  "Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Yoora ibnida.  I'm Jewels' main/lead vocal.  I am currently 17 and my birthday is August 25, 1995." I said.  "Yo~! Jang Isul ibnida; Jewels' lead/main rapper.  I am currently 18 and my birthday is September 1, 1994."

 

"Okay, now that we have cleared some things up with the audience we will officially start the show!" Boom said.  "Tonight we have prepared a few activities for you guys, but first we will be splitting up into teams." Hyori said.  "The teams will be chosen by Jewels.  There will be five teams, each with five people." Boom explained.  We played an advanced game of rock paper scissors and our teams were made: 

 

Team 1: Yoora, Baekho, Eunkwang, Baekhyun, Xiumin
Team 2: Jaein, Minhyun, Sungjae, Sehun, Chanyeol
Team 3: Minah, Ren, Hyunsik, D.O, Chen
Team 4: Isul, JR, Ilhoon, Minhyuk, Kai
Team 5: Haejin, Aron, Changsub, Peniel, Suho

 

The guys were given black swim trunks and the five of us were given black shorts that the KPOP girls wear whenever they have to do anything water related.  We were also given shirts according to our jewel color.  The shirts were striped and they were a little fitting.  The five of us wore swim suits underneath and then we were ready.  I put my hair up in a bun and let my bangs down since I had pinned them up earlier.  We walked out of the room the we were using as a changing room and we met up with the others by the pool.  There was a mat floating in the pool and a bunch of water guns.  "I have a feeling that we are going to get wet no matter how hard we try to stay dry." Haejin said.  We sat on the grass with our teams and we ask questions about ourselves a little and then the games started.  "The point of this game is to make the other person fall into the water first.  The other members of the teams will be on the sidelines using these water guns as distractions." Simon said.  "We have this box here with your names in it.  One person will choose from the box and their opponent will be that person unless they are on the same team." Hyori explained as she pointed to a big box in front of her.  "I will choose the first name." Boom announced in a funny way.  We laughed a little and then he picked a folded piece of paper from the bin.  He unfolded the paper and smiled.  "Our first person is..... Yoora!" he shouted.  "Wae?? I'm probably going to choose someone who is like ten times stronger than me!!" I complained.  Everyone laughed and I smiled.  "Come and pick a name." Simon said.  I got up from my seat on the grass area and I went over to the box to pick a name.  "Please let it be a girl!!" I said in my head.  I closed my eyes and moved my hand around in the box.  I picked one and pulled it out.  I opened it up and read the name.  "Ren-sshi!" I said.  He got up and pushed his hair behind his ear.  "Such a diva..." I thought in my head.  Boom and Simon were in the water and we stepped into the water.  "COLD!!" I shouted as I put one foot in.  We all laughed.  "Come on, it isn't that cold." Ren said.  He pulled me with him through the water and we made it to the floating mat.  My teeth were chattering from the cold and from my chest down, I was wet.  The two hosts helped us onto the mat and it was actually pretty hard to stand on.  "Thank goodness I have at least a little bit of balance..." I said.  The mat was small and we were going to play the hand hitting game that they play and if the opponent hits you hard enough and you can't stand up, you fall back or forwards.  "Ready?" Simon asked.  We nodded and the rest of our teams lined up o the opposite sides to shoot water at us with the guns.  "I'm sorry Yoora, but it's for the team!" Minah shouted from behind me as she held a water gun.  I laughed.  "Ready...Begin!" Hyori shouted from her seat near the box.  "I shrieked in surprise when I felt water hit my back.  Ren did the same and we both laughed.  I hit his hands but he didn't budge.  We went back and forth a few times and then he pulled back when I tried to hit his hands.  I managed to stay up and so did he.  "Oooooh!" Jaein said.  Everyone laughed.  Then he hit my hands and i started to fall.  I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him into the water with me.  We fell into the water with a large splash.  We surfaced quickly and we could stand. "Why did you pull me?!" he asked.  "We should both get wet. Mehrong~" I said.  I started running as fast as I could in the water and he followed after.  He splashed me and I splashed him back. 

 

We got out of the water and we were given warm fluffy towels from the staff.  The two of us went to sit by the fire pit so we could warm up and we watched as the others played the game.  Isul and Jaein were paired up and Jaein kept on making funny faces and Isul teased.  Haejin and Minah were also paired up and their game was pretty funny because Haejin tried to make it funny.  After everyone was done, our team came in fourth.  Jaein's team came in first, Isul's second, Minah's third, and Haejin's fifth.  We were all given a break and we sat around for a while.  I talked with EXO and Kai showed off some of his dance moves.  Xiumin and Chen took pictures with me and they taught me Tao's selca rules.  We went back and this time we were sent inside the house since it was pretty dark and a bit cold outside.  The cameras were rolling again and we were sitting in a different room.  Everyone was sitting together and I was leaning my body on Isul.  We played another game to choose who was going to make dinner and it ended up being me and D.O.  We made dinner together while the others played other games and hung out.  "Someone get the table ready!" I shouted from the doorway connecting the kitchen and the other room.  I heard shuffling and moving from the room and I peeked out to see.  They were moving quickly and the table was set up in no time.  I went back inside and helped D.O bring the food out.  "I was about to die from just smelling the food." Jaein said.  We gave the crew food as well and everybody ate.  After we finished eating the staff handed each of us plastic bags with stuff inside it.  "What might this stuff be?" I asked.  "Pajamas." The PD said.  We opened the bags and surprisingly there were those animal suits in a huge variety and each of us got something different.  "Yay!! I get to be a bunny!" Jaein said excitedly. 

 

We all went to change into our outfits and we all came back to the first big room from before.  "Aww! So cute!" Isul said as I walked into the room in my kangaroo kigurumi pajamas.  I hid my face under the hood and I held onto the little plush toy with one hand as I scurried over to sit next to Haejin.  Haejin was wearing a hamster outfit, Isul was wearing a tiger outfit, Minah was wearing a cow outfit, and Jaein was wearing a pink bunny outfit.  The others walked into the room with semi embarrassed faces since they were guys and they were wearing cute pajamas.  The five of us tried to supress our laughter but we couldn't hold it in once we looked around the group.  "This is priceless!!" Isul said while laughing.  "This is too funny and cute." Haejin said.  "It's funny how Chanyeol-sshi got the giraffe one since he is known for his height." Minah said.  "We didn't even plan it like that." The PD said.  "Really?" I asked.  The staff nodded.  Hyori, Boom, and Simon walked inside with regular pajamas and they laughed when they saw all of us dressed like this.  "This is definitely aegyo overload." Hyori said. 

 

For the rest of the filming that night, we played games and we stayed up until around midnight.  "Okay children, it's time to go to sleep..." Hyori said with a yawn.  The filming crew led us to a large semi-traditional room and there was a large window wall where we could see the pool and then everything in the distance.  "Wow it's so pretty!!" Jaein said as she walked up to the window and looked.  "Okay guys, I'm going to be sleeping in another room and these two idiots will be sleeping in another room as well, so behave yourselves and don't stay up too late.  Plus there are cameras installed over there, there, there, there, and there." Hyori said.  She pointed out each of the cameras and they moved at her arm movement.  "That's a lot of cameras...." I said.  There was a huge pile of bedding and futons in the corner so we all set up the beds so that there will be two rows of people and it will be somewhat spaceous.  "We get our own little corner." Isul said as she set up pillows so that we looked somewhat separated from the group.  The hosts/hostess left the room and we all got comfy in our pajamas on the floor beds.  Everyone was either playing small games, on their phones, listening to music, or resting.  The lights were still on, but everyone was pretty tired.  "Okay, let's get some sleep now." Suho said.  Eunkwang went over to the light switch on BtoB's side; Suho went to the light switch on EXO's side; Aron went to the light switch on Nu'est's side/Jewels' side and they turned the lights off.  Soon, we all fell asleep, and everyone was knocked out.  But after only a couple hours of nice sleep, someone walked into the room and made their way to Jewels' part of the room.  The person made their way over and put his hand over my mouth since I was the closest one to the side.  The person then picked me up and took me out of the room. 

 

________________________________________________________

 

How do you guys like it so far? Please comment, subscribe, everything? :D

-infinitesummer623