Dorms~

Jewels

Isul's POV~

 

I woke up on Sunday morning really early and I washed up.  I changed into this outfit and then I finished packing my stuff.  "Unnie! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my sister shout from down stairs.  "Hmm, it's going to be a while until I hear that again..." I said outloud.  The smell of a traditional korean breakfast was floating up the stairs.  I dragged my bags down the stairs and set them by the front door.  "I can't believe you're going to become famous unnie!" my little sister said.  "I know right? I hope we make it big." I said smiling.  My dad came down stairs and we started to eat.  When we were all finished, my dad called a taxi and my sister put the dishes away.  When the taxi arrived, I hugged them and said goodbye.  We waved to each other as the driver drove away and they were both smiling. 

 

The drive was about an hour and a half, thankfully the taxi driver wasn't some weird person...  I arrived in front of our dorm building and the driver helped me take my things out of the trunk.  *Ring Ring Ring* My phone started to ring and I answered it.  "Hi Isul! I can see you!" I heard an excited Jaein shout from the other line.  "This girl... Where are you?" I asked.  "I'm looking from the balcony!" She said.  I looked up and I saw a small figure waving her hands around wildly.  "Yah! Kim Jaein! You're going to fall off the balcony if you keep doing that!" I heard one of the Infinite guys shout from inside.  I started to laugh.  "Haejin and Yoora are coming down to help you with your stuff so just wait there for now." I heard someone else say.  "Umm, okay." I said.  "Sorry, this is Sunggyu." He said.  "Ahh Infinite's mighty leader." I said.  He laughed and then Haejin and Yoora came outside.  Sunggyu and I hung up and then Haejin distributed my bags so we were carrying equal weights.  "When did you guys get here?" I asked them as we were in the elevator.  "I got here after everyone left yesterday." Yoora said.  "I got here at least 45 minutes ago I think." Haejin said.  "I can't wait until we start living together." I said happily.  "We are all pretty excited." Haejin said smiling as well.  "It was so lonely yesterday! I was all alone...." Yoora said.  We laughed and then the elevator door opened.  We walked down the hall to the end where our dorm was and we knocked on the door.  Hoya opened the door for us and we walked inside. 

 

Everyone's stuff was sitting in the living room and we were all sitting on the floor.  "Okay, we are going to decided where everyone sleeps today." Sunggy said.  The other four girls were sitting next to me in a line on the floor and Infinite was sitting opposite of us.  "We put the choices on these slips of paper and you guys will choose one.  Everyone will open them at the same time and there is absolutely NO swapping." He continued.  There was a small box and five pieces of folded paper inside.  We each took a piece of paper and then we sat down again.  On the count of three, we each opened the paper slips.  I got 2nd room left bed; Minah got 2nd room right bed; Yoora got 1st room right bed; Jaein got 1st room left bed; and Haejin got 3rd room.  "Okay, now that you guys have your rooming orders, you guys need furniture.  Each of you guys are going to be given money to decorate your half of the room and you will each choose stuff for the living room."  Sunggyu said.  I noticed that he was reading from a piece of paper.  "Why are you reading from a piece of paper?" I asked.  "I was just thinking the same thing..." Minah said.  He looked at the other members of Infinite and then sighed.  "You guys are sharp..." He said with a sigh.  L, Hoya, and Sungyeol pulled out hand cameras and the five of us just looked at them with extremely confused faces.  "Is this some kind of hidden camera thingy?" Jaein asked with excitement.  "You've guessed it, but technically it's not a 'hidden camera'.  Woollim wanted to show the real sides of you guys without you knowing we were filming it so that we would get an even more natural image of you guys." Sunggyu explained.  "We were expecting that you guys would figure out pretty quickly, but we were just waiting until you guys finally figured out." He continued.  "So, now that you guys know what's going on, we can call the rest of the filming crew and get this show started!" Sungyeol said excitedly. 

 

Yoora's POV~

 

After Sunggyu explained everything to us, they called the managers and told them to bring the filming crew over.  "This is so cool! I've always watched things like this, but I never thought I'd actually be doing this." Isul said.  The rest of us were sitting in a circle and the cameras were turned off.  "We are going to be starring on this show with you guys too! We haven't filmed anything since Sesame player since we've been busy in Japan with promotions." Sungjong said.  "I've always wanted to go on Running man or Family outing, too bad family outing isn't filming anymore...Invincible Youth sounds fun too." Jaein said.  "So what is this show going to be called?" Haejin asked.  "Woollim's Kpop Family I think." Woohyun said.  "Ah, that sounds cool.  Do we get to meet the other people in Woollim??" Isul asked.  "That would be cool." Hoya said.  We talked about what we thought the show would be like and everything until the filming crew and the producers came to the dorms. 

 

We got back into our previous positions and then they started filming again.  "So, let's split up into groups and then we can start shopping." Woohyun said.  We got into groups:

1. Jaein, Me, Minah, Woohyun, L, Sungyeol

2. Isul, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungjong, Haejin, Sunggyu

We were given cards that had money already put in the account and then each group was assigned three camera people.  "Where should we go? Do you guys know any furniture shops around here?" I asked while we sat in the van.  We were sitting in a black van and we were all facing each other trying to figure out where to go.  "There should be one down the street from here actually, don't you guys remember when we got our stuff when we moved in to this place?" Sungyeol said.  "Oh! That place, let's go there, they have a bunch of stuff and it isn't super expensive." Woohyun said.  Jaein, Minah, and I sat there slightly confused, but we just went with the flow.  We sang along to a few songs along the way and we forgot that we were being filmed because we were having fun.  The van pulled up to a large furniture store and we piled out of the van.  The furniture store had about three stories and it was humongous inside.  We stared at all of the furniture as we walked to the bedroom sections.  We all decided on these room styles and they were all pretty cheap.  Then we went to the living room sections.

 

Yoora's half of the room

Jaein's half of the room

Minah's half of the room

Isul's half of the room

Haejin's room (It's smaller than the other bedrooms)

 

Living room:

Kitchen:

(different table, and different color...)

Bathrooms:

(all of the kitchens and bathrooms will look like these in the apartment complex)

 

The furniture was being sent to the apartment and it was being put together by the employees at the furniture store.  The managers went to the apartment to tell the workers where to put the stuff and to let them in while Infinite and us went to the practice rooms to start practicing. 

 

"Annyeonhaseyo, Kim Songhee ibnida, I am your choreographer." A tall woman said.  "Annyeonhaseyo, Lee Minhee ibnida, I am your vocal teacher." A shorter lady said.  Infinite had gone to their practice room to practice for their comeback and we were in the process of meeting the people who would be working with us for quite a while.  "You guys already know me, Manager Seo Kyungmi." Our manager said.  Songhee and Minhee left after we introduced our selves and we talked with our manager.  "You guys need to come up with an introduction for when you guys meet people, when you're at press conferences, on shows, etc." She said.  "I think we should just go simple and do 'Annyeonghaseyo, Jewels ibnida'." Minah said.  "We could do some kind of hand gesture with it." Isul said.  We all agreed and then we came up with a hand gesture to go with it.  We were 'dismissed' for the day, but Minah had to go to a photo shoot so she left and we went to watch Infinite practice. 

 

I knocked on the door to their practice room and one of their managers opened the door.  They were in the middle of a break and they were joking around with each other.  We walked into the room and someone brought us cushions so that we could sit on the floor and watch.  "Hi guys!" Sungjong said energetically.  We all said hi.  Our manager came over to us with Infinite's managers and we all sat in a little circle.  "So, as you guys know, Infinite is having their comeback in a few weeks.  The company was thinking about send Jewels out early and having their music show debut on the same day." Kyungmi said.  "The showcase will be the weekend after that." she added.  "Really?? So soon?" I asked.  Infinite was as surprised as we were.  "You guys are more than ready and the company has been wanting to debut a new girl group soon and now that we have it, we should debut it as soon as possible." One of Infinite's managers said.  We all nodded understanding the situation.  "There will be a special stage for you guys.  First Jewels goes on and does two songs, their intro song, then their debut song.  Then Infinite will come on with you guys and there will be a dance special.  Then Jewels will go off and Infinite will do their two songs." Infinite's manager explained.   "Well you guys will start training tomorrow right after school.  You guys can walk over right? Or maybe take the bus or something." Kyungmi said.  "Neh." we said.  The managers left and the five of us watched Infinite practice.

 

 At five o'clock, all of us went back to the dorms.  We were blind folded and the cameras were rolling again for the show.  We walked inside and when we entered the living room, our blindfolds were taken off.  "Omo!! This looks amazing!" Haejin said happily.  Jaein pulled me with her and we hurried off to our room.  It was funny to see how the room literally looked like it was two rooms without a wall in between them.  My half of the room looked really nice and I laid down on the bed to test it out.  "Omo! This mattress is so comfy." I said in surprise.  It wasn't completely stiff but it wasn't all mushy either.  "Let's check out the other rooms." Jaein said as she pulled me along with her once again.  We saw the other rooms and we were all extremely excited.  We all sat down in the newly furnished living room and the cameras were gone.  "This place is so cool..." Hoya said as he looked around.  We talked for a while and then we went to the super market to buy some groceries.  We bought food and then we came back. The menu was kimchi jigae, bulgogi, and some other traditional Korean foods.  "Wahhh! It smells so good. We haven't had a good home cooked meal in such a long time..." Sungyeol said as he walked into the kitchen.  "We should have like a weekly dinner or something so you guys can eat well." Haejin suggested.  "That's a good idea, more time for bonding too." Woohyun said.  We all rolled our eyes and laughed.  When dinner was ready, we set the table for all 12 of us. 

 

After dinner, Infinite went back to their dorm and we started to officially unpack our stuff.  There were dressers and room in the closets for us to share.  "You have nice taste, can I borrow your clothes sometime unnie?" Jaein asked as she looked through the clothes that I had just hung up.  "Yeah, sure, got for it." I said, giving her a smile.  I pulled my iPhone into some portable speakers and we jammed to some music as we unpacked.  I opened the balcony door, but I kept the screen door part closed.  The cool air flowed inside the hot room and we rested up for a while.

 

"Guys come over to the living room." Haejin poked her head in and we nodded.  We all gathered in the living room and there was a camera, a large piece of poster paper, and colorful markers.  Minah took the camera and turned it on.  "Is it filming?" I asked.  "Yup." she said.  She set it on a shelf where we could film us and then we stood in front of it in a line.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Jewels ibnida!" We said together with the gestures and everything.  Then we sat down on the couches.  "So what are we doing?" I asked.  "Oh yeah, we are going to come up with some rules for the dorm."  We sat and spouted out ideas for rules and we came up with a list:

1. No secrets!! We tell each other everything :D

2. No fighting, if there is a dispute, we all talk about it together with Manager Kyungmi

3. Jobs rotate every week

   - Laundry

   - Cooking

   - Washing dishes

   - other individual jobs

4. All dishes and and utensils go into the sink after dinner

5. Everyone sets an alarm for school in the morning

6. No blasting music unless we are okay with it

7. No visitors unless we ge it approved, exceptions: parents, relatives, guardians

8. Showering must be done within 20 minutes

9. Homework must be done before 11:30 pm unless we have a full schedule

10. Lights out by 12 am

 

Those were the rules that we came up with and they were all pretty reasonable since we could follow all of them easily.  "We should pick a new person to do jobs every two weeks, we could have a little cup with sticks and we can each pick a stick and we get what ever job is on that stick or something.  Sound good?" Isul suggested.  "That sounds good.  We should be able o keep up with these rules." Minah agreed.  "Okay, its getting a little late, and we all have school tomorrow." Haejin said as she looked at her cellphone.  I went over to the camera and turned it off.  "Ahhh." Jaein sighed.  "I don't want to go to school tomorrow!!" She said.  We all laughed.  "No one does.  Who would ever want to go to school???" Isul agreed.  I smiled and as we all walked into the hallway that led to our rooms.  "Good night guys!" I said and we all entered our rooms. 

 

"Neh Yoora." Jaein said.  "What is it?" I asked her.  "How do you feel about debuting so soon?" She asked.  We were sitting up in our beds in the dark with our phones out.  "I actually can't wait to debut, it's just so fun to be on stage with people cheering for you.  Don't you just love that feeling?" I gushed.  She smiled and nodded.  "I feel the same way, I can't wait until we start.  I mean I know the training that we'll be doing these next two weeks will be extremely intense, but I personally think it's worth it." She said.  I nodded and then I yawned.  "I'm going to try to sleep now, so good night Jaein." I said, but I turned to see that she was slumped over in a weird position and her breaths were steady.  "Aish this girl..." I said with a smile.  I got off my bed and I went up the stairs to her bed and tucked her in correctly.  Then I went back to my bed and dozed off to sleep.