Dance Performance

Jewels

Jay's POV~

 

"Let's take it from the top again!" The dance instructor shouted as we all scurried to our beginning spots.  We were putting on a dance performance for the end of the year festival and our teacher wanted I to be the best one they've ever had.  She pressed the play button and the music started.  Our dance was a mixture of KPOP dances and other original parts.  Our teacher always calls me the star dancer since I can do almost any type of dance there is.  I am also very flexible (more that Jia, from Miss A, and Victoria, from Fx), I can also break dance, which is pretty unexpected from my appearance.  The large group of students, with me and the other better dancers in the middle, worked hard together to get the dance moves right and on time.  We got to the solo performances and I went on to my routine.  It was a cool mixture of break dancing, KPOP, jazz, and a couple other types of dances. 

 

Then everyone came back and we made it to the end of the dance without any mistakes.  "Well done! We'll end here today." the teacher said, satisfied.  I went over to my backpack and took out my towel to dry my face.  "Costume fitting will be tomorrow." she added as people it near the doors of the dance room.  I put my hair up in a high ponytail and then I picked up all of my belongings.  "See you tomorrow." some of the other dancers said to me as I walked by them.  I waved and smiled, and then I headed to the locker rooms to change.  I changed back into my plaid shirt and jean shorts.  I walked out of the locker rooms and headed to the front of the school where there was a bus stop.  I sat at the bus stop for a while and I studied for the biology test I was going to have the next day.  The bus arrived ten minutes later and I got on the half empty bus.  The streets were pretty clear and it was easy to get around that day.  I walked to my house and then I took a shower. 

 

The next day, school went by as usual and we had the costume fittings for the performance.  I had a few different outfits and they all had different concepts.  The next few days were full of hard long practices and studying all the time.  There were a few show times, three for all of the grades in the school, and four for other audiences who were invited or wanted to come. 

 

These are some pictures of my school:

 

On Thursday, when I got to school, there was an announcement through the PA system that told all the dance club students to meet at the auditorium.  We
would be doing three shows today for the school and the first one was for the 12th graders during second period which was before morning break.  The second show was during fourth period for the 11th graders before lunch.  The last show was during sixth period before school ended, for the 10th graders.  Our school is a performing arts school so the students always look forward to any type of special performing event.  Many people who aren't from this school come here during the open shows to watch the dance club, acting club, singing club and all the other clubs when they perform.  I walked through the front entrance and headed towards my locker which was on my way to the auditorium.  Everyone's locker is decorated differently and it makes the school unique.  I put my school stuff in my locker and walked to the auditorium. 

 

The stylist students did our make up and styled our hair as well.  They were the students who had come up with the outfits that we wear for the performances.  We did a quick rehersal during first period and then we all took a fifteen minute break before the first performance started.  "Ah!!! I'm so nervous! I haven't performed for an audience in a while." One girl said.  Everyone started talking about their past performances and stuff like that.  I just sipped my orange juice and waited to start the show.  I wasn't very nervous, in fact, I don't usually get nervous.  I've been performing on the streets and at dance clubs with random people and I've won some dance battles too.  I used to take dance classes when I was a lot younger and I took part in all things dance at my middle school and elementary school.  I guess I've just gotten used to the crowd.  We have 19 boys and 10 girls and we perform, DJ KOO's shuffle mix(opening); F(x) - Pinocchio; 4Minute - Muzik, and Mirror Mirror; Miss A's Good Bye Baby, and Over U; After School's Bang; SNSD's The Boys; break dance and original dance specials; Big Bang's Fantastic Baby; Infinite's Be Mine and Paradise; Shinee's Lucifer and Sherlock; Super Junior's Sorry Sorry; and B2st's Fiction.  I took part in Pinocchio, Goodbye Baby, Muzik, The Boys, Fantastic Baby, Be Mine, Paradise, Lucifer, Sherlock, and the break dance special.  I wear this for the opening and the break dance special; this for Pinocchio and Muzik; this for Be mine and Lucifer; this for The Boys; this for Fantastic Baby; this for Goodbye baby and Paradise; and this for Sherlock.  I have way too many costume changes...  "Okay guys, gather up, the students are here." The teacher said.  We all went to the middle of the large backstage room with our outfits on and we were all set to go.  "Okay guys, let's have fun and dance like we've never danced before!" I shouted.  "FIGHTING!" We shouted together.  Everyone smiled and the auditorium lights dimmed, signalling the show was about to start. 

 

The laser lights went on and you could hear cheering from back stage.  We had our own cool DJ stand set up just like on the show and the stage was decorated to be really similar.  We pretty much covered the whole opening part of that show, so first five girls went on to be 'Fx' for the opening.  I went on when it was supposed to be IU and three guys went on with me to do our original break dance routine.  I was known throughout the school as the B.Girl Dance Machine and I thought it was pretty funny.  Then during the end part I was up in the middle where DJ KOO would be and we did the whole group shuffle thing which looked really cool.  The whole performance was being filmed like a music show so there were moving cameras and I made faces whenever I looked into a camera that was filming, just to be funny.  Then it ended and we all bowed to the audience gaining a lot of cheers.  We hurried back and the five girls who were doing Pinocchio had to change really quickly and get back on stage.  We got into our positions and then the music started and the different colored lights and the electric background .  The rest of the show went on the same way, quick changing and dancing the whole time. 

 

I didn't go to any classes that day and then when school ended the whole dance club went out to dinner.  That night I was so tired I just fell asleep when I got into bed.  The next morning, I went to school and people said things like 'Good job!' 'You're dancing is amazing' 'That was so cool!' and stuff like that.  I got to my locker and grabbed my text books for the school day.  We had a performance that night and it was for open audience which meant that the place would be even more packed than it had been during school and that there would be scouters, photographers, and even the news people.  I was anxious all day and when school ended I went straight to my favorite place.  The roof of the auditorium.  I always go up there since I'm the only one who knows how to get up there and its a nice place to practice and just think.  I have my own little area on the wall where I write about my day whenever I go up there.  I've done this at every school I've been to and it's kind of a tradition for me now.  'December 2, 2011,  Today is the day of the public show and you have no idea how excited I am to perform! Appa, I hope you can see me dancing, I know you loved to dance too.  Umma showed me old videos of when you were in school and when you performed here.  I can't believe I get to perform on the same stage as you!  Umma is coming to watch me tonight and we saved you a seat even though you aren't here.  I wish you could see me dance here in person though.  You were pretty cool on this stage and I bet I have the same reputation as you.  They call me the B.Girl Dancing Machine!  Can you believe it? Umma told me you were called the Dance Machine while you were here, what a coincidence :)  I will put on the best show tonight so I hope you watch! -JAY <3'  I finished writing and then laid my gym clothes out on the floor.  I laid down and looked up at the clear blue sky that had poofy cottage cheese like clouds in random places.  I stayed there for a while until my iPhone buzzed signaling that I should head down.  I walked into the empty backstage room and practiced some moves. 

 

We were all in our outfits and since we had an open audience tonight, we would be the ones who were guiding people into the seats of the auditorium instead of the teachers.  I led a large group of 'VIP' people who were mostly photographers and scouters to the front rows on the sides and then I led a group of parents, teachers, and listed friends to the middle section where there were designated seats for them.  I also led a large group of surprsingly handsome men and beautiful girls into the middle rows as well.  They were all wearing casual clothes, but they were wearing sunglasses.  "Excuse me, why are you guys wearing sunglasses inside?" I asked on of them while they were sitting down.  "It's a secret." he said with on finger over his mouth.  I was going to be a little more nosy, but I saw my mom walk in and I hurried over to her and gave her a hug.  I walked her to the two empty seats in the front row, one for her and one for my father.  Even though he can't come since he isn't around anymore, we always save him a seat at my performances.  I sat there and talked to her for a while before I had to go backstage and get ready again, but I was glad to get to see her before the show.  Usually she gets there right before it starts so I never get to talk to her before the show starts.  I hugged her again and hurried to the backstage room to let the stylists do their finishing touches.  The lights dimmed once again in the auditorium and it was quiet.  Then the DJ started the music and you could hear lots and lots of cheering. 

 

I danced the best that I could at the moment and I made no mistakes.  They filmed this show as well and I made sure to smile and make cute poses and stuff like that.  "Okay, our show is coming to an end and this our last little piece.  We would like you guys to sing along with us and try to do the arm movements as well during the chorus, neh?" I said through my microphone/ear piece thing.  We got into our positions and I was in the middle front.  We did the song 'We are the B' from Dream High 2. 

These are the lyrics to the song. 

1, 2,

1, 2, 3, 4

I am a girl just a girl
jinaganeun geol bwado moreuneun geol
jeonhyeo yeppeujido anko nunnatgo
pyeongbeomhagi geujieomneun saram

I am a boy just a boy
sumanheun boi junge geujeo han boi
mwonga teukbyeolhan ge eopgo mueotdo
naeseulge eomneun geureon saram

urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun
urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun
urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun
urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun

byeolboril eomneun boril
sseuldeeomneun sseul ttaeman gajyeotjyo
bujireomneun ttambangulman jureukjureuk heulligo itjyo
dapdaphan nae mamboda deo dapdaphaehaneun nae juwiui
saramdeurui pyojeongboda nakkaji jichyeogajyo

urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun
urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun
urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun
urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun

eonjenga nae ane inneun nae teukbyeolhameul chajanae
boyeojul nari isseulkkayo
maeume eolma namji anheun nae kkumeul da irki jeone
naege bichi bichul su isseulkkayo

urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun
urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun
urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun
urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun

 

 

ENGLISH:

1, 2

1, 2, 3, 4

I am a girl just a girl
Even if you see me passing by, I’m a girl you don’t know
I’m not pretty at all and my eyes and nose are average
I’m that kind of person

I am a boy just a boy
Just a boy out of many boys
I’m not anything special, I don’t have much to show off
I’m that kind of person

We are B B B-level, wanting to be A-level
We are ab-ab-abnormal, wanting to stand on the peak
We are B B B-level, wanting to be A-level
We are ab-ab-abnormal, wanting to stand on the peak

Our errands aren’t really important
We only have pointless places to spend
We are only shedding useless sweat beads
More than my frustrated heart is the frustrated people around me
And seeing their faces makes even me tired

We are B B B-level, wanting to be A-level
We are ab-ab-abnormal, wanting to stand on the peak
We are B B B-level, wanting to be A-level
We are ab-ab-abnormal, wanting to stand on the peak

Will the day come when I find that
Something special in me and show it off?
Before I lose what little dreams I have left in me,
Will the light shine on me too?

We are B B B-level, wanting to be A-level
We are ab-ab-abnormal, wanting to stand on the peak
We are B B B-level, wanting to be A-level
We are ab-ab-abnormal, wanting to stand on the peak

 

We all sang the chorus parts together but I sang Kang Sora's parts and the beginning part by myself.  "urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun urineun B B Bgeup insaeng Ageubi doego sipeun urineun bibi bijeongsangdeul jeongsange seogo sipeun" We sang the chorus part and showed the audience the cute and simple dance.  "Okay, does everyone get it?" I asked.  "NEH!!" The people shouted.  I smiled and the song started.  "I am a girl, just a girl..." I sang and the song went on.  It was fun to see the audience dance along with us.  I thought it was really cool to have people do that for the ending of the show.  The song ended and we all bowed on stage.  There was a lot of clapping and cheering for us and we knew we had pulled off a successful show.  We got off stage and we were greeted by parents and close friends as well as the scouters and media.  I was going to go out with the club for dinner so my mom left after she congratulated me.  I snuck outside away from all the people and sat on a bench.  I was still wearing the Sherlock outfit since it had been the last dance before the ending.  Someone tapped my shoulder and I almost jumped ten feet I the air from being startled.  I turned to see the guy with the sunglasses from before. "Oh, it's you from before." I said, some what reassured that it wasn't some or serial killer.  "I have a name you know." he said.  "And what might it be?" I asked.  "You really don't recognize me when I'm only wearing sunglasses?" he asked.  "Am I supposed to?" I asked.  "I guess not." he said.  Them he got a phone call.  "Neh, oh hyung.  Okay I'll be there in a minute." be said.  "Sorry, I guess I can't reveal who I am just yet.  Until next time." he said.  He smiled and lightly kissed my knuckles.  I just stood there, not really knowing what to do.  After he was out of sight, "What in the world was that?" I walked back to the auditorium and it was still filled with scouters and the press.  I walked in and immediately people bombarded me with questions and business cards.  Thankfully my teacher came to my rescue and I managed to get backstage where everyone else was hidden.  The auditorium was cleared out and we were safe from insane scouters and cameras.  We went out to dinner and watched the show on a laptop as we ate. 

I walked home with all the outfits in my arms.  We got to keep the clothes since they had our sweat on them and stuff.  Anyways I washed them and hung them up afterwards.  I looked through all the business cards that I had gotten and I stopped looking when I saw a Woollim Entertainment card.  I thought about it and put the card aside from the others and looked through the rest.  They must've all been pretty small entertainment companies because I only knew of a few.  I put those ones out as well.  In total I had five that I had put aside.  I decided to leave then for the morning and I got ready to go to sleep. 

The next morning I decided on which company I wanted to join.  Woollim Entertainment.  I called the man and he answered immediately.  "Hello, this is Kim Jaein, I was in last night's performance, I would like to join Woollim Entertainment." I said.

 

 

________________________________________________