Talent Show

Jewels

Yoora's POV~



"Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven. Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven.  Yong won hi duri seo Never gonna be alone, so alone, no." I sang.  I hit the stop recording button and I took a sip of water.  "Cover of Ailee's song Heaven; check!" I typed in the description box on the YouTube uploading page.  I waited for the video to upload and I hummed along to another song.  My name is Ahn Yoora and I love to sing.  Singing is my passion and I've only ever been good at singing.  My parents used to be singing teachers at schools and now they own their own vocal school down the street from our house.  I like to upload videos of me covering powerful songs onto YouTube and lately I've been getting really good feedback.  The video finished uploading and I exited the browser.  I sat there for five minutes and opened up the YouTube website and the video had already been viewed ten thousand times and liked by a thousand people.  To my surprise no one had given it a thumbs down yet.  I smiled and turned my computer off.  "Another successful cover.  Well done Yoora!" I said.  I got ready for bed and went to sleep. 

 

The next morning, I got up and got ready for school.  I put on my uniform, grabbed my bag, got my breakfast and lunch from the kitchen, and walked out the door.  I listened to Beyonce's song Halo and hummed along.  I walked to the bus stop and waited for the old rickety open bus to come along.  I grabbed onto the pole and hopped on when it came around the corner.  I looked out at the ocean from my standing spot on the bus.  Then a baby next started to cry, the mom was trying to sooth the baby, but it wasn't working.  I took my headphones out of my ears and unplugged them from my ipod.  I looked for the instrumental of the song 'A Goose's Dream' by Insooni and I started to sing for the baby.  The people on the bus smiled as the baby stopped crying and started smiling.  The song ended and the bus gave a round of applause for me.  They would say things like, 'You have a wonderful voice' 'You singe so well' stuff like that.  I smiled and got off at my stop, then I waved to the baby and the mom with a smile.  I walked down the block in the flowing crowd of students and entered the school. 

 

"Are you going to be in the talent show this year? I heard that scouters are coming for this performance." My friend said excitedly.  "Do you want me to?" I asked.  "Of course! You would definitely win with that voice of yours." She said, poking my arm.  "Should I really do it?" I asked.  Then the whole class turned towards me and shouted, "YES!".  I laughed at their reactions.  "Okay, okay, but now that I say I'm going to do it, you guys have to vote for me." I bargained.  "What song should I do?" I asked my friend when everyone turned back and minded their own business.  "Hmm, something that showcases your wonderful voice." She said.  "AH! You should do a cover of when Ailee sang Spring Rain on Immortal Song 2!" She said.  "What?" I asked.  "You know that song that AIlee sang on the episode of Immortal song that I made you watch?" She said.  "Ohhh! That's a good song..." I said, thinking about it.  "Okay, so it's decided." She said.  "Wait isn't the last day to sign up for the talent show today?" I asked.  "Yeah, let's go during morning break." She said.  I nodded and then the teacher walked into our class. 

 

The show was in a week and my friend came over everyday to help me memorize the song.  I hummed it all the time on the bus and sometimes at work (I have a part time job at the singing school that my parents work at).  On Sunday, my friend brought me to go shop for an outfit for the show and she dragged me to almost all the stores in the mall.  We decided on this and it actually all cost less that $50 to our surprise.  I practiced at work and at home for the rest of the week and then on Friday, it was finally the show day.  My school is for pretty much half of the entire south part of Jeju and that's a lot of people.  Our auditorium is pretty huge and the stage looks like this.


 

After school on friday, all the people gathered to watch the talent show and the whole right-front section of the audience was saved for the scouters and press.  My parents came as well and they watched the show.  All the students who were participating were in the small backstage room and they were called in their groups or individually.  It was my turn, I was the last person, and I gave the person the audio for the song and walked onto the stage.  They had just announced my name and the song and the lights dimmed.  The background image on the wall of the stage was a thunder storm and the music started.  I sang and people listened well.  I held the notes without any problems and I didn't make any mistakes at all.  The song ended and there was a ton of cheering and clapping.  I bowed and went back to the room.  "Okay, now that you've seen all of the talent we have, please text your choice to this number here on the screen." The announcer said.  People took their phones out and voted for their choice.  The computer calculated all of the votes and then the top three people's pictures were shown on the background.  All of us came up on the stage and I was surprised to see that I was one of the three choices.  "So, our audience has voted, these are our three winners.  Third place goes to *mini drum roll* B.Boys In Da House!" The announcer said.  There was an applause and the group of three bboys went up to take their bronze trophy.  "Okay, so now will Ahn Yoora and Music Fanatics come to the front please." The announcer said.  I made my way from the back to the front next to the announcer.  Two people were holding the Silver and Gold trophies and they were standing behind the announcer.  "Our First place winner is.........*LARGE DRUM ROLL* Ahn Yoora!!! Congratulations Yoora-sshi for winning this year's annual Talent show!" The announcer said.  There was a lot of applause from the audience and the person holding the gold trophy handed it to me.  I hugged the girls from Music Fanatics and they congratualted me.  The announcer handed me a mic and told me to say some stuff.  "Thanks for voting for me!! This is awesome! I have a special thanks for my friend and my class mates who encouraged me to join the talent show last minute.  Thanks so much!" I said.  The auditorium lights went back on and people started to exit the auditorium since the show was over. 

 

I was flooded with business cards and folders from scouters who wanted me to join their companies when I got off the stage.  My parents helped me put all the stuff in the car.  Music Fanatics and B.Boys in da House got flooded with scouters as well.  My friend ran up to me and bear hugged me.  I went home and after I got ready for bed, I looked through all the cards and folders.  I picked out the cards that I knew kpop stars from and I set them aside.  I took a long look at the Woollim Entertainment card because I loved to listen to Infinite and Jisun.  I decided to choose in the morning and thankfully my parents just wanted me to follow my heart.

 

The next morning, I woke up and chose a random card from the ones that I had set aside.  I opened my eyes and I had chosen Woolim Entertainment.  "It must be fate at work..." I said with a smile.  I dialed the number and the person picked up the phone on the other line.  "Hello.  This is Ahn Yoora from last night's talent show at South Jeju High.  I would like to join Woollim." I said.