XVII

The Time It Takes To Grow

Taecyeon hadn't expected Junsu to reveal something so personal to him, so important. The glass case Taecyeon had always placed around the much smaller male was slowly opening, only to reveal someone delicate, beautiful, someone strong. Junsu nervously his icecream after sharing his slice of misfortune and reverted to staring out at the slowly sub siding rain. He still couldn't believe he had just been called beautiful by the boy he loved more than anything and he couldn't muster up the courage to confess. Taecyeon looked at Junsu's turned head, his wet locks still dripping against his drenched uniform and a few stray drops running down his neck. His skin was pale, and Taecyeon was slightly worried from the tiny tremors rocking Junsu's small frame. He hoped their little adventure wouldn't end in Junsu becoming sick.

"Hey," Taecyeon blinked and zoned in on Junsu's face. The wet male had turned back slightly and looked at him with a small smile and flushed cheeks.

"Yeah?" He asked quietly, wondering what Junsu wanted to say. Junsu looked down at his melting icecream before replying.

"If I asked you to . . . Come back here with me . . . without the rain . . . W-would you?" All Taecyeon could comprehend was the fact that Junsu wanted to spend more time with him and the way his pinkened cheeks matched well with his icecream.

"Do you want to come here again?" Junsu nodded his head, nervously flicking his tongue out to meet the strawberry goodness quickly dribbling down the cone to meet his fingers.

"Then its a date." Taecyeon found the way Junsu's head snapped up to look at him and how he almost dropped his cone cute and had the urge to pet him just for acting so cutely. Silence enveloped them after the exchange of words and if it were between anyone else, the atmosphere would have been awkward. It shouldve been, but it wasn't. The only reason Taecyeon didn't feel the awkwardness that shouldve been present was because the male he loved was sitting beside him. Junsu was under the same predicament and didn't realize that Taecyeon was too nice to be normal.

"What about you? Do you have any brothers?" It felt nice to ask Taecyeon personal questions without anyone else around.

"No, my mother thought she had enough children after I was born."

"Why? What is she like?" Junsu lapped up the strawberry slush dribbling down the opposite side of his cone as he kept his eyes trained on Taecyeon's face. Taecyeon his own cone and thought about the best way to answer a seemingly basic question. He could easily lie and say she was a good mother that loved him, took care of him, and showered him with affection, but what a lie that would be. He could also opt for the truth, which would be a long tale of how much he lacked a mother.

"She's quiet. Its like she's . . . Not there. After me, she just didn't want to go through the trouble of another child." Junsu nodded his head in understanding.

"Your mother would hate mine." "And why do you say that?" Taecyeon laughed when Junsu's face scrunched up in dissatisfaction.

"She's crazy." Taecyeon nearly crushed his cone as his chest shook with laughter. Junsu too found himself laughing along, under the affects of Taecyeon's infection chuckling. He found it funny that Taecyeon assumed he was joking. The duo finished up their icecream just as the last light sheen of rain passed, the sun peeking out from a dingy cloud.

"I guess the rain is finished," Taecyeon noted sadly, sliding out of the booth. Junsu followed his action, confused and an anxious bubble beginning to expand in his chest. Was their time really over?

"We should probably head back and get dry uniforms. Not to mention we left our bags by the back door." Junsu simply stared up at Taecyeon through eyes pooling with sadness, a lump forming in his throat. Taecyeon's face fell and he held out his hand for Junsu to take.

"Hey, why the sad face?" Should I buy you more icecream for the walk back? Or do you want hot chocolate or something?" Junsu animatedly shook his head before taking Taecyeon's hand and easily being pulled to his feet.

"Aniya, I'm not sad. I was just thing of something." I thought our time was over, and that you would leave me behind. Perhaps their stay at a little icecream shop had ended, but Junsu had a feeling that Taecyeon wouldn't leave him so suddenly. He just knew that this was the beginning.

"Hey, Taec," Junsu said as they slowly trudged back to school, both secretly trying to lengthen the time. Taecyeon flushed silently at the sound of his nickname resounding off of Junsu's perfect lips.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Are you busy after school?"

 

 

 

~~~ I am the worst and I know it!! I am so sorry for taking forever! I was having a crisis and my brain just wouldn't function. :( Mian. And I just left you all hanging off of a cliff. Just sue me. I'll pay! XD I hoped you liked it though, I enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope to update sooner so please stay tuned. Comments are welcome and adored!!