Chapter 38- The Bittersweet Past

"You're not my type"

 

 

 

Narrator's POV:

 

Why does this have to happen?

It was a very perfect moment for them.

 

Shen stared at Kris' eyes for a moment. I wanna explain everything to him right now. She thought.

 

And she doesn't even know why she wants to explain to him. Maybe i'm just too hooked up on being his maid that i have to tell him, my master, everything i am going to do.

 

She gasped at the sudden contact when Kris forcefully shook her hand. The spotlight still on them. Everybody's watching them. Silently. All eyes on them.

 

"Congratulations... I think my business here is already finished.", he spoke and walked away not bothering to look at her for one last time. It's all done... I have... no more chances...

 

"Ms. Roo?", the host interrogated.

 

"Y-yes... I'm coming", she walked to the stage.

 

*Why does he look so sad? The way his eye- Oh stop it Shen! Probably he just dropped by to congratulate you. Nothing more! Stop assuming that there is something more... But what does "my business is already finished" mean?*

 

Many thoughts came into her mind as she took small steps and walked gracefully, hiding the mental and emotional struggles she's going through.

 

She finally reached the stairs to the stage when, "Long time no see~ my little bunny.", a hand was offered infront of her.

 

She looked up to see somebody so familiar beaming a smile.

 

~Flashback~

 

"You know what.", a 17 year old shen grazed at the boy infront of her, "You look like Snow."

 

"Yah! Should I be happy or mad about that?", Shen pouted.

 

Her cute pout was enough for henry to be driven insane.

 

"Of course no! You should be happy! Don't pout my baby~", Henry cooed and grabbed Shen's hand and carressed it sweetly. Her heart fluttered and interlocked her fingers with his.

 

The couple is now seating under a big tree on a grassy field near a river. Inshort, their "secret" place. They decided to watch the sunset to celebrate their 1st anniversary as a couple. They were perfect. You can say that their love for each other ends till eternity.

 

"Stop being so cheesy~ Why would you compare me to your pet bunny Snow?", she raised a brow at him.

 

"Your bunny's poop smells veeery bad. Why her?", she scoffed.

 

"Hmp! I'm pretty sure Snow will be mad once she hears that.", he pinched the bridge of Shen's nose. Shen giggled in response. She is sooo unlike the Shen right now. Shen was sweet, loving, and caring back then.

 

The atmosphere turned quiet. But not in an awkward way, rather, in a soothing and relaxing way.

 

"You look like a bunny because you're so cute~", Henry winked at her.

 

"Eeew! Stop being flirty.", Shen rolled her eyes. Henry laughed at her girlfriend's response but his eyes gave Shen a very passionate look.

 

"And YOU are like Snow becaus--"

*Krriiiinnnngggg*

"Wait a minute", Henry smiled at shen before standing up and picking up his phone.

 

"Yes, hello?"

 

"This is your father. And i want you to come here right now. Stop slacking off from work. You still have papers to sign.", his father demanded.

 

Henry looked at his wrist watch. It was already 6 pm and its getting dark. The sun has already set. And its getting cold outside.

 

"Yes. I will be back now.", he answered.

 

"Ok. Good." Then his father hung up. Just like that. Cool right?

 

He went back and saw her sleeping figure lying on the grass. He approached her and confirmed that Shen is sleeping soundly.

 

He kneeled infront of her and reached for her hair. He gently combed it with his fingers.

 

"And... You are like Snow because it makes me wanna take care of you and love you.", he whispered.

 

"But there is a big difference between you and Snow. I wanna take care of you not just like a pet. But i wanna treat you like somebody who i will share the other half of my life with.", he leaned forward and planted a kiss at her forehead.

 

Shen furrowed her eyebrows at the contact. Henry chuckled. "I love you shen. I... Love you so much..."

 

Few weeks have already passed. The oh-so-perfect couple had to break up due to Henry's parents command because their son has to manage their business first.

 

Shen was so broken that time. And at the same time, their company was bankrupt. And that is how she ended up like that. Her heart as hard as a stone.

 

Henry's father and Shen's father are very good business partners and close childhood friends. They both promised to help each other when the other needed a help. And they also promised to secure their to each other through making Shen and Henry marry each other at the right time.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~

 

Oh my Gosh!

I updated!

Is this real?! :o

Yeah!^^

I KNOW KAI... I KNOW...

So HI!!!

You liked the update? Then please leave a comment~ :D

 

BTW, if any of you are confused, then, i'll explain it to you~

 

Mr. Lau, and Mr. Roo are childhood friends and promised to arrange marriage their son and daughter (ShenRy) after Henry finishes studying everything about how their business works so he will soon take over his father's position. So now, The Roo's company became bankrupt, the Mr. Lau decided to help them because of his mutual agreement with Mr. Roo. He decided that this is the right time to help them and make their son & daughter marry each other. Their companies will merge after the mariage. And the Roo's company will soon be brought back to life.

 

 

 

|Upvote|Subscribe|

(^click^)

Gomawoyo!~