Chapter 37- Our World

"You're not my type"

 

 

Shen's POV:

 

"Congratulations! May you have a blissful marriage!"

 

A middle-aged lady approached me as I am now standing near the fountain, like the others, she also is wearing a very luxurious gown.

 

"Thank you", I smiled but it ended up like it's forced.

 

But the woman didn't seemed to notice that since she already spunned around before hearing my reply and looked for another wealthy guest to boast about her newly bought diamond necklace like the others.

 

"Well, i bought my seventh condominium near Shichahai in the Xichen District just yesterday!", the other guest replied after hearing her blabbering about her necklace.

 

*Psh~ So typical... Disgusting...*

 

I rolled my eyes and it landed on a group of girls. And they're crowding over a gigantic tower-like guy.

 

"Yah... Shen-ah... That's not how you describe a person... Gigantic is used for describing a thing or a monster.", my good conscience said.

 

*Ugh... Okay... I'll be nice...*, i thought. Well, the flirts are eventually crowding over this... This tall guy... Better? Ha!

 

"No... Remove the flirt thingy over there...", my good concsience once again.

 

*Bwahahaha! Nah~ I won't... Coz they really are... Bleh~*

 

Eherm! Back to the real topic! Stop talking to yourself... Okay... The guy is probably as tall as... Kris.

Oh common! Now i'm talking nonsense.

 

"Kyaaaaah! Can we have a picture together?", one of the flirty girls spazzed.

 

"Only a picture? Heck. I have the money! Let's go out sometimes!", another one spat.

 

"Uhm... What do you think of me?", another one of them said batting her eyeleashes exaggeratedly.

 

I looked at them in disbelief. Woah... This girls are so aggressive. I was facing the guy's back for the whole time so i can't catch a glimpse of him. But somehow, his back profile is so familiar.

 

Okay... Mr. Giraffe is now moving! Back to the action! He shoved the girls clinging on him as gently as he could. But you could tell he's disgusted as hell by feeling his aura.

 

"MAYBE NEXT TIME.", he coldly said.

 

"Wah! Haha! Yeah! I would have done the same if i were him!", I mumbled to myself, silently cheering on what the guy just did.

 

*So entertaining...*, i flicked my hair at the back and watched intently how the girls reapproached the retreating guy.

 

"Wait...", I stopped. The show i'm watching right now is not funny anymore...

 

The time literally stopped.

 

This can't be...

 

Narrator's POV:

 

(A/N: kindly play the background music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEVnUSQYCc

 

Kris and Shen stared at each others eyes. Now, there's only the two of them in the world. Everything disappeared.

The partying people.

The laughs from the guests.

Everything. Gone.

It's just the two of them in their own world.

 

Kris neared you. He slowly walked towards your direction not minding the people around him.

 

"Shen..."

"K-kris..."

 

You whispered each's name. Like you're longing for each other.

 

She grew more beautiful for just a few days...

He was tranced by your beauty. How your curled hair bounced in every move she makes.

The way you blinks your eyes in slowly motions.

And how your scent lingered around the place like it's a flower garden. And no, it's not a perfume. It's your natural scent that Kris missed so much.

 

He... Still looks like a prince... Nothing has changed.

You sighed upon seeing him.

The way he walks like a model.

How he maintains the straight face that makes him look so calm, gentle yet strong at the same time.

How he does everything... So perfect.

Everything. In slow motion.

 

*I like him... It's confirmed. It's like the feelings I have for him are renewed when I saw him again.*

 

Nobody knows. But you already developed these feelings for Kris during those days when you both were like bestfriends... More like acting MORE than friends.

 

*Liking him isn't a bad thing right? As long as i don't love him... I don't love him... Right?*

 

Kris took small steps and is now standing infront of the girl he most adored. Something sparkling on your neck caught his attention.

 

"You're wearing it.", he mumbled.

 

You slowly stood up. "You too...", you took a glance at the necklace hanging on his neck.

 

The sentimental necklace. Kris' and Shen's hearts were beating rapidly.

 

Kris swallowed the lump forming on his throat and tried to open up a topic. Same as you, you gripped on your dress as you could feel her palms sweating. There is this awkward silence.

 

"I have to tell you something.", the both of you said at the same time.

 

That's it! It made you and Kris blushed. You looked at the ground while Kris looked away and cleared his throat. You avoided each others face.

 

Heck. Shen?! The ice princess. Blushing?!

Kris?! The poker-faced angry bird. Blushing?

Yeah~ the world had turned upside down.

IKR! As i said before. It's not the normal world right now that they're living in right now...

It's THEIR OWN WORLD.

 

"No, you first!", they said again in unison.

 

*This is so awkward.*, you thought.

 

*Man... I have to act tough now! But why can't i?! Tsk!*, Kris thought.

 

"I-" He was cut off. The spotlights at their direction. "Ms. Roo! Please come over the stage. We're going to start the main event of the engagement party of Mr. Henry Lau and Ms. Shen Roo. Let's have a toast for the soon wedded couples!", the host announced.

 

He walked out to who knows where.

 

"So... You're going to get married.", a tear slipped on his eyes.

 

 

~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~*M*~

 

Currently doing some editing on the past chappies and i'm really having such a hard time right now!

Aigoo~

I need an energizer!

So, i'm gonna watch MAMA later!

1 hour wait...

*stares at screen intently*

 

*melts*

 

 

|Upvote|Subscribe|

(^click^)

Gomawoyo!~