032

Lee Minhyuk, My Arrogant Fiance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seeing Youn Ju the next morning after Minhyuk’s wedding announcement, Sungjae felt that something isn’t right with her. She wasn’t her usual self. She was overly cheerful right now, as if she is forcing herself to be like that. Youn Ju even prepared a lot of food for breakfast.

“Good morning Sungjae, and halmoni.” She beamed.

“Yah, how can you cook this much food when there’s just three of us eating it?” Sungjae asked. “No reason. I just felt like cooking a lot.” She said.

While the three of them were eating breakfast, Sungjae complimented the blueberry waffles that Youn Ju made but it is as if Youn Ju’s mind was somewhere else that she didn’t hear what Sungjae said. Halmoni called Youn Ju’s name twice, before Youn Ju realizes that someone was talking to her. Halmoni asked her whether she wasn’t feeling good and she immediately shook her head, assuring halmoni that she was fine.

 

The same thing happened while they were heading to the flower shop. Sungjae and Youn Ju were walking, Youn Ju was in her weird cheery self, she was humming to a tune and bobbing her head from left to right, that she didn’t notice the car that was passing behind her, she almost got hit by it. Sungjae called her but she was absent minded that she didn’t notice him calling her name. It was a good thing that Sungjae was right beside her, and he got to pull her away quickly.

“Are you okay? What were you thinking? You almost got yourself killed.” Sungjae said. Youn Ju assured Sungjae that he should not worry about it, since she was fine and it wasn’t a big of a deal.

During work hours, she greeted the few customers who dropped by with so much energy. She arranged the flowers with so much concentration and diligence, but Sungjae noticed that when no one is looking, her expression changes. She just sits there staring blankly at the wall. Seeing her actions, Sungjae knew something was indeed wrong.

 

After work, Sungjae dragged Youn Ju at the back of the shop where the garden was located. Youn Ju sat beside Sungjae confused as to why Sungjae brought her back here.

“You’ve been acting so strange since earlier this morning, which is why I thought I need to talk to you about it.” Sungjae said.

“I already told you, nothing’s wrong with me.” Youn Ju insisted, but Sungjae knew clearly why she was acting that way.

“Stop lying. You’re acting this way because of Minhyuk.” Sungjae pointed out. With that, Youn Ju stayed quiet, because Sungjae was right. Youn Ju was trying to cheer up and distract herself from what she had just heard yesterday. She knew that she had to move on and be happy of her life now, but knowing that Minhyuk is happy with someone else, just made it more difficult for her.

Sungjae handed her his phone, telli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter