031

Lee Minhyuk, My Arrogant Fiance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungjae was sleeping at his grandmother’s place when someone was calling him in the middle of the night. Without looking at the caller’s name, Sungjae answered his phone.

“Yah Yook Sungjae! Where in the world are you? You’re missing the fun here!” Minhyuk spoke and laughed. Sungjae already knew that his best friend was drunk calling him. The music blasted over Sungjae’s phone, but Minhyuk was quiet waiting for Sungjae to speak.

“Didn’t I tell you guys already that I’m going to my grandmother’s place this weekend?” Sungjae pointed out.

“I know but I just suddenly miss you here punk. So you better come back and join us soon alright?” Minhyuk said.

“Oppa! I want to dance. Please dance with me!” Sungjae heard a girl said over the phone.

“Later, can’t you see I’m talking with someone on the phone here? Why don’t you go dance with the boys there first?” Minhyuk told the girl.

“Sungjae ah, I’m going to forget about her now. I think it would be for the best.” Minhyuk said in a sad tone. After hearing his friend spouting nonsense, he was suddenly fully awake now.

“Why are you saying that? What if one of us would be able to find her? You can’t give up just like that Minhyuk ah.” Sungjae advised his best friend.

“It doesn’t matter, it is for the better anyway. Whether you find her or not, it’s not going to change anything anymore.” Minhyuk said bitterly.

“What are you talking about? Is there something going on that I don’t know about?” Sungjae asked.

“Oppa! What’s taking you so long?” the girl with Minhyuk whined.

“Sungjae ah, I gotta go. Let’s talk some other time again.” Minhyuk said and hanged up the phone, which left Sungjae curious and worried about what has gotten into his friend.

 

The next morning, Youn Ju found Sungjae busy in the kitchen. He was scrambling up some eggs and was sweating a lot. He looked so focus on what he was doing that he didn’t notice Youn Ju coming up behind him to see what he has been preparing.

“Boo.” Youn Ju whispered to his ear to try to surprise Sungjae but he didn’t. Sungjae just looked behind him, and in consequence found their faces just inches apart from each other, which made Youn Ju the one who’s surprised.

Youn Ju saw Sungjae smirk, and then he quickly changed the topic. “Is grandmother awake already?” Sungjae asked.

“Yeah. S-she’s upstairs, changing her clothes.” Youn Ju said. “Can I help you with anything?” Youn Ju asked.

 

The three of them ate the breakfast prepared by Sungjae together, and it can be seen in his grandmother’s eyes that she was very happy with it.

“Let’s hurry up with the breakfast and open the shop with me Youn Ju.” His grandmother reminded.

I stuffed in the last slice of sandwich into my mouth and gulped it down with water.

“Wait a second, you’re still running that shop? I thought you told dad you’ve already closed it down a while ago.” Sungjae asked.

“You know how your mother and grandfather loved that shop. I can’t just close it down just because your father wanted me to. As soon as I sold that shop I regretted it, so I bought it back again after awhile.” His grandmother explained.

“So are you staying here at home or are you going with us?” His grandmother asked.

Sungjae stood up from the table and placed the dishes into the sink and started washing. “I’ll go do the dishes first, and make some phone calls back in Seoul, I will just follow you guys there later.”

“See you later grandma and Youn Ju.” He said and gave a wink.

 

Youn Ju and Sungjae’s grandmother were cutting the flowers and placing them into bouquets when she suddenly asked Youn Ju how she and Sungjae seemed to know each other. Youn Ju told her they were good friends back in Seoul, which Sungjae’s grandmother seemed to be pleased with because she likes Youn Ju a lot. Youn Ju is not only beautiful, and polite she is also a hardworking young woman. She is a girl who was not raised to be interested not hungry for money, a person that would be perfect for her grandson.

“Tell me Youn Ju ah, does Sungjae have a girlfriend?” His grandmother asked.

“As far as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter