025

Lee Minhyuk, My Arrogant Fiance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minhyuk’s POV:

It has been a week since Youn Ju talked to me. I kind of miss it, her voice, her reactions, even just her presence. I know I must be crazy for missing her especially when we are not in a relationship, just a deal. Maybe I was just used to her talking to me that I find her quietness quite odd.

When I got up from the bed and headed to eat breakfast downstairs, she wasn’t there.

“Maybe she’s still sleeping? Or she probably is still avoiding me.”

I just quietly ate my breakfast alone and left the house.

Today is one of the few rare mornings that I go to the company. This time it was because harabuhjee said he would consider my wish of travelling back to Europe if I go to the office and sign some paperwork that was piling up my desk.

When I arrived at the company, the staff were feeling uneasy because they were surprised by my presence.

After finishing all the paperwork, I didn’t really know what else to do, it was still too early to party. In the end, I just decided to walk by the nearest café and drink my favorite Americano coffee.

While I was walking my way there, I saw a familiar couple that was standing in front of the jewelry store Tiffany & Co. It was Yoon Doojoon, my former classmate and her girlfriend. I heard his girlfriend say, “Oppa! Look at that necklace! Isn’t it pretty?”

“Oh, that?” Doojoon asked.

“Yes. That. I want that. Buy that for me please?” She said.

“I thought you said necklaces aren’t your thing?” Doojoon asked.

“I changed my mind. Oppa, please? You never gave me anything.” The girl reminded him.

“Alright baby, some other time, some other time.” Doojoon said.

He held hands with his girlfriend and they left.

After they left, I stood there and took a closer look at what his girlfriend wanted.

The necklace was silver and had this star shaped pendant that had small diamonds surrounding it. It was simple yet very pretty, Doojoon’s girlfriend was right about wanting it. I was about to leave when suddenly the shop clerk headed out of the store.

“Sir, I noticed you were looking at our store display, would you like to head inside and have a look?” She offered.

“No thanks, I’m just about to go anyway.” I told her.

“Would you not like to give something for your girl sir?” she asked.

I suddenly remembered Youn Ju, who is probably at home watching TV, making me wonder if she feels locked up in my home.

We pretend to be like this for a few months and she did her best to act like we were together. All of this is for my benefit and yet I never gave her anything to show my thanks.

During the past month, we became friends, buying that for her would be a good thing right? She will be happy.

I followed the shop clerk into the store and she showed me that necklace which was even prettier up close.

“This necklace is meant for confession sir, give this to her and it will say all the things you want to express.”

“Alright, I’ll take this.” I said and handed her my platinum credit card.

The clerk handed me the box and I opened it once again to look at it.

“Confess huh?”

The clerk placed it in a paper bag and I left the store.

“Thank you sir, I wish you and your girlfriend the best. She is very lucky to have such a sweet boyfriend like you.” The shop clerk said.

I placed the paper bag on the passenger seat beside me and drove all the way back home.

When I reached home, I was quickly greeted by a maid who was cleaning the living room.

“Ahjumma, where is Youn Ju?” I asked.

“She went out with that friend of hers. What’s her name again?” She said.

“Seul Mi?” I guessed.

“Oh, yes right Seul Mi. She said they’ll be heading out to Seul Mi’s family bakery.” The ahjumma added.

“Did she tell you where that place is?” I as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter