026

Lee Minhyuk, My Arrogant Fiance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youn Ju’s POV:

Seeing that the black velvet box is still there on my bedside, I started my morning with a smile. I quickly went to the bathroom and washed my face then afterwards carefully wore the necklace.

“That jerk will always be in a bad mood but who knew he could be a sweet guy too?” I murmured.

I checked the clock and found out that it was just 6 am in the morning. I was too happy last night that I even woke up early. I paced around the room, thinking about what to do this early, when I suddenly thought of how to sincerely thank Minhyuk.

I went downstairs and immediately entered the kitchen, checking the contents of the fridge.

It was perfect. The fridge was complete with a carton of milk, tray of eggs, it even has a pack of ham and cheese. I took all of the items I needed out of the fridge and the cabinet and started cooking.

I made my famous chicken broth, which was taught to me by my Miss Hwang, my teacher then at the orphanage, and while it was boiling I was preparing ham and egg sandwiches on the side.

Footsteps heading down the stairs could be heard. I looked up and saw Minhyuk who was wearing a plain white v-neck shirt and sweatpants. His eyes were half open and looked like he just went down to get something in the kitchen. He took a cup and began filling it with water.

“Good morning.” I greeted him. His head immediately went to my direction making the water spill.

“What’s up with you? Why are you up so early?” he asked.

“I’m cooking us breakfast.” I told him while checking the broth.

“Why? Where are the maids?” he asked while looking around.

“They took a day off. It’s Sunday today, in case you forgot.” I reminded him.

“I see.” He nodded and turned his back around to head back upstairs.

“Where are you going? Aren’t you going to eat with me?” I asked him.

“You might have wanted to eat breakfast with Sungjae right now. I wouldn’t want to ruin your wonderful breakfast for you.” He replied.

“What are you talking about?” I asked again.

“Go ahead and call Sungjae over. I won’t mind.” He said.

He was giving me this weird vibe and it is kind of ruining my morning.

Why is he so moody again?

“What does this have to do with Sungjae?” I asked.

“Weren’t you always lovey dovey and happy with Sungjae? You were even together yesterday. So why not invite him over now then?” Minhyuk sarcastically suggested.

“I told you I cooked the breakfast for us! The both of us! Did I even mention Sungjae? You’re the one who keep bringing him up! Besides he is your best friend why the hell are you mad with me being friends with him?” I shouted.

Minhyuk is really being confusing and mean right now, it’s hard to keep up with his mood swings. He really knows when and how to hurt me.

“Friends? Is that what you call the person you like right now? Friends?” he said while laughing.

“How did you-” I paused.

“Know? How did I know? I heard you talking to your friend Seul Mi the other day.” He continued my question.

I just stood there speechless. He really just ruined my day. I am just really stupid for believing that he was not really a jerk, for thinking that I was wrong, that he might have changed, that he might care for me now than he did before.

I just felt the tears filling up my eyes already but I told myself not to cry, especially not in front of him.

“You’re really heartless you know that?” I told him and grabbed my jacket slammed the front door and left.

As I walked down the street towards a bus stop, that was the time when tears really came pouring down.

 

Narrator’s POV:

Park Seul Mi was cleaning her messy bedroom when suddenly she hit the pile of magazines down from her study desk and found the issue where Lee Minhyuk and her best friend Choi Youn Ju were shown.

“I wonder what Youn Ju is doing now.” She whispered when suddenl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter